venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Both parents attempt, as did I in distant past
I'm really sorry…🫂
My grandfather's older brother hung himself after his fiancé broke off their engagement. I didn't know about it until I was older because no one on my father's side of the family ever mentioned his name when I was growing up. They acted like he never existed.
They usually do that about tragedies 🤕
i saw my grandpa kill himself, my dad tried slitting his wrists, and my uncle has tried killing himself.
That's really tough. You really are a surviror 🫂

I'm you've had to go through that🤗
My grandfather stabbed himself with a knife while he was drunk and arguing with is wife (my grandmother)
Did he live?😥
My mom tried multiple times. I visited her in a psych ward at 6. My dad still plays it off as her trying to get his attention.
I'm sorry for that. It sounds really painful…
My grandmum had several attempts, grandmums sister drowned herself. An uncle shot himself. An aunt od'd. If i add those who refused to get treatment had 2 more uncles who had cancer that nobody knew about until the autopsy.
🫂
Well, where would I start with my very bad mental health genes. From past family using guns to say goodbye, to others being locked up for life, my past family is littered with mental health issues.

Walter
I'm really sorry for your circumstances, Walter. How are you?🤗

Last edited:
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
Not any that I knew personally. I have been told that my great-grandmothers 2nd husband, after divorcing my great-grandfather, committed suicide by blowing his head off with a shotgun. It's funny - well not really, but it is interesting how these topics are kept so discrete. Obviously it's unpleasant to dwell on or think about but i only heard of this a few years ago. Apparently my grandmother came home to find what was left of him when she was just 17. Also odd to think about firearm deaths given that we no longer have easy access to guns in Australia, I've never entertained the idea because of how difficult they are to acquire for us now. It was a different time I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: Euthanza and venin
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
mother and grandmother attempted a few times (mother almost successfully before I was born). I think it is hereditary for me to some extent (and shitty life).

• Hugs
Reactions: venin
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
My mother had an uncle and a cousin who did. My maternal grandmother made an attempt by drinking iodine. My brother-in-law's mother shot herself to death when he was six. He found her body.

As another poster wrote, no doubt many suicides are family secrets that are well concealed.

• Hugs
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Not any that I knew personally. I have been told that my great-grandmothers 2nd husband, after divorcing my great-grandfather, committed suicide by blowing his head off with a shotgun. It's funny - well not really, but it is interesting how these topics are kept so discrete. Obviously it's unpleasant to dwell on or think about but i only heard of this a few years ago. Apparently my grandmother came home to find what was left of him when she was just 17. Also odd to think about firearm deaths given that we no longer have easy access to guns in Australia, I've never entertained the idea because of how difficult they are to acquire for us now. It was a different time I suppose.
Life just goes on 😊

Doesn't give a rat's ass about who lives or dies.

Delightful…
mother and grandmother attempted a few times (mother almost successfully before I was born). I think it is hereditary for me to some extent (and shitty life).
Possible. Classic Nature vs Nurture debate
My mother had an uncle and a cousin who did. My maternal grandmother made an attempt by drinking iodine. My brother-in-law's mother shot herself to death when he was six. He found her body.

As another poster wrote, no doubt many suicides are family secrets that are well concealed.
Oh God… that's awful

Is iodine a valid mo?

Last edited:
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
One of my ancestors participated in an assassination attempt on the emperor, but failed. When they found him and came to arrest him, he shot himself in the head with a gun. My ancestor was a terrorist)))

• Yay!
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
One of my ancestors participated in an assassination attempt on the emperor, but failed. When they found him and came to arrest him, he shot himself in the head with a gun. My ancestor was a terrorist)))
You have badass genes 🤪

Reactions: Orbitc
Kall

Kall

Jul 7, 2023
My mother, after her boyfriend dumped her, he said it was because of my existence. So she told me she would kill herself because of me. I wish this monster had succeeded.
And afterward, we discovered that the real reason for their breakup was that she was cheated on. That was kinda satisfying

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
vaspertine

vaspertine

Nov 22, 2022
My late twenties cousin came out as a lesbian a few years ago and a year later she overdosed in bed and died. My family is extremely queerphobic and it has always stayed with me that she managed to get out of here in the way that was best for her. I admire her bravery in what was obviously a really fucked up time for her but I also miss her terribly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No, not that I know of any attempts among my family and relatives. I may be the first one leaving via CTB.

C

countdown3210

Sep 11, 2023
My brother almost 9 years ago on 9/30. Part of me wants to ctb on the same day but I don't know if I can wait that long.