P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
not sure if this belongs in recovery or suicide discussion but it is open to both

did you disappear socially and online before starting recovery ?

or disappear socially and online deciding to CTB or CTB in the future ?

I found that isolation is helpful for both somewhat it depends on the person I think

I never liked social media in the first place and I didn't really have any social media accounts I find social media to be very annoying in general and I didn't get the purpose of it and found it to be negative for myself

I stopped contacting people long before being aware and accepting and knowing I was somewhat suicidal or wanted to seek recovery

edit: also was your disappearance voluntary or involuntary socially I feel like for many people here disappearing or being othered or isolated in a social sense was involuntary

Last edited:
Reactions: loopdaloop, sserafim, ChantDuCygne and 4 others
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Yes, I do not have social media too, it was my choice, scrolling through social media was used to be one of my habit, but it became so mundane to me that I slowly stopped

can't find something interesting more, I feel like I can already guess what could be there in social media.. been exploring to many kind of content.

and before I ctb, I will hard reset my phone, then maybe threw it somewhere people can't find it

Reactions: psp3000 and Rocinante
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I feel like I can already guess what could be there in social media.. been exploring to many kind of content.
I didn't really think of that once I stopped using it but I feel the same way

everything / various forms of knowledge and information both useful and useless are easily accessible which is a bit overwhelming

or you're constantly being reminded of how bad and meaningless a lot of things are with the advancements in technology and constant changes of the internet

I am not sure how to explain it but going on the internet especially those places feels like a chore sometimes

the constant advertisements and terrible algorithms and things that you just do not want to see

it reminds me of an image I saw making fun of how we have everything yet nothing with the click of a button to the point where any normal interaction or things you typically have to put effort into is/are completely meaningless

I do not know how to explain what I'm trying to say so sorry if this doesn't make any sense + sorry for the long reply

Reactions: sserafim and Unhumanly.
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
If it weren't for isolation I would be suffering much more. It always helped me cope if my life was rough outside.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and psp3000
ChantDuCygne

ChantDuCygne

Aug 23, 2023
I just recently deleted discord. I never was very active on social media either. I didn't feel a need to look at anything online before we moved to a village where I didn't know anyone. I started talking on discord more and more. So much has happened there. It was my new life. My new existence. But I have always felt worthless, and therefore, I lost more and more people there. My self esteem went down with every new loss and it hasn't stoped decreasing yet. I want to give up, but… I don't belong anywhere. I will probably crawl back to discord in two days, because I'm simply that hopeless.

• Aww..
Reactions: psp3000
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
not sure if this belongs in recovery or suicide discussion but it is open to both

did you disappear socially and online before starting recovery ?

or disappear socially and online deciding to CTB or CTB in the future ?

I found that isolation is helpful for both somewhat it depends on the person I think

I never liked social media in the first place and I didn't really have any social media accounts I find social media to be very annoying in general and I didn't get the purpose of it and found it to be negative for myself

I stopped contacting people long before being aware and accepting and knowing I was somewhat suicidal or wanted to seek recovery

edit: also was your disappearance voluntary or involuntary socially I feel like for many people here disappearing or being othered or isolated in a social sense was involuntary
I've disappeared socially for like a year now. I've disappeared online too. I stopped replying or talking to my friends and I haven't seen any of them in person for over a year. Now I have no friends. I'm only on sasu now, my other social media is dead. My followers probably think I died or something, which is my end goal anyways. I think I disappeared due to depression and wanting to ctb, even though I didn't know it at the time. I enjoy isolation though, I like being alone. I think my disappearance was voluntary. I'm pretty introverted by nature and I've become a hermit/recluse, but I honestly prefer being alone and in isolation over social interaction. I hate the fact that I'm going to have to participate in society and talk to/interact with people to live in this world.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I've either deleted my accounts, or put them on hybernation. It was really liberating. It always made me feel shit anyway.