Apr 17, 2023
Will I look fabulous? 🫠

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: CyVir, Praestat_Mori, Foreverix and 1 other person
A

AbsurdCapybara

Jul 16, 2023
A little off topic but sometimes I go through phases where I look at gore and I don't know why. It's hurtful to look at images and video and stories of people dying in grisly ways be it on accident or by homicide or suicide. It just feels bad. Yet I consume it. Just to feel something maybe? To make sure at my absolute lowest I still feel empathy for people who have met a violent and/or lonely demise? Preparation for how I want to ctb? I don't really know. I don't feel desensitized by the material it doesn't matter how many times I've see Funky Town, it's always painful and sad and I want to die too. But not like that. lol My post is pointless but I have seen the aftermath of lots of jumpers and well, I don't have the guts to go out that way. I mean I do have the guts, but not the figurative mental kind.

• Yay!
Reactions: CyVir, Foreverix, anhedonicNfoggy and 2 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
A little off topic but sometimes I go through phases where I look at gore and I don't know why. It's hurtful to look at images and video and stories of people dying in grisly ways be it on accident or by homicide or suicide. It just feels bad. Yet I consume it. Just to feel something maybe? To make sure at my absolute lowest I still feel empathy for people who have met a violent and/or lonely demise? Preparation for how I want to ctb? I don't really know. I don't feel desensitized by the material it doesn't matter how many times I've see Funky Town, it's always painful and sad and I want to die too. But not like that. lol My post is pointless but I have seen the aftermath of lots of jumpers and well, I don't have the guts to go out that way. I mean I do have the guts, but not the figurative mental kind.
I think if you jump in water you only get damaged internally. If you jump on ground, then it's grisly

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
It depends how you land and from how high. At my lowest points I often ended up scrolling through gore websites and fantacise of looking pretty when dead. It helps me cope and not ctb impulsively but that's not the case. So the bodies of jumpers look rather messy; it's not only a scary way to go but also hard to make look yourself beautiful when dead.

Reactions: CyVir
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
Depends on height, ground and luck how gruesome it ends up. Most of the time it will look rather horrible. don't think anyone will ever again pull it off like Evelyn McHale aka "The most beautiful suicide" (not graphic but still warning for dead body), the vast majority look like throwing a watermelon on the ground instead.

I think if you jump in water you only get damaged internally. If you jump on ground, then it's grisly
not really, if it's high and cold enough the water surface is basically like concrete and you will look just as mangled. let alone if you're not found shortly after, decomposing submerged in water happens a lot quicker making your skin peel off just within days. not a pretty sight

• Informative
Reactions: Foreverix
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I don't know how jumper's bodies look after they hit, but I will personally experience it. I don't care what I look like after. From what I can tell from my planned spot is I will most likely hit so hard on a protrusion that I will be ripped in half or decapitated.

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Will I look fabulous? 🫠
I think we have different definitions of fabulous. 😄

From the few videos I've watched of jumpers hitting concrete, there are a few things that happen. Assuming the jump is from heigh enough (~8 stories minimum), their shoes fly off from the impact absorption and their clothes can rip. When their head hits the ground it looks like a melon breaking. The torso lacerates, and if it's from a great height, can bust open as well. The 9/11 jumpers jumped from heights close to 1000 ft, they mostly exploded (there are some photographs out there of remains before the towers fell).

I think it's safe to say, you probably won't look like yourself anymore. And anyone who witnesses it will be deeply traumatized. I know I can't unsee the images and videos I've watched.

@Morgengrauen Thanks for sharing the Evelyn McHale info! That's one of the most beautiful photographs I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyVir and Morgengrauen
A

alterationitfinds

Sep 21, 2023
even in water it's not gonna be pretty, as soon as you hit the water it's like hitting concrete, youre dead before you register you're near the water level. you'd be like a bag really, completely blown up from water absorption and all your broken bones would amount to you literally looking like a michelin man version of yourself with bruises and compound fractures. not good. police regularly deal with bodies like that and wouldn't bat an eye, it's more an unlucky member of the public seeing you like that that id be worrying about

also, if you're going to jump (water or ground) always take ID with you like a drivers license, saves either your poor family or some unfortunate emergency worker having to identify you days later in the morgue

Last edited:
Reactions: CyVir
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't know how jumper's bodies look after they hit, but I will personally experience it. I don't care what I look like after. From what I can tell from my planned spot is I will most likely hit so hard on a protrusion that I will be ripped in half or decapitated.
Horrifying image but not one we'd have to see, strangely. We never have to see our dead body. That's comforting.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow