• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
You can be depressed but "don't bring other people down"

The same people that are like "you can talk to me any time" are also the ones like "OMG stop I have to cut your negativity out of my life, you're toxic!"

Depressed people are just "exhausting to deal with." I guess.

And normies wonder why anyone commits suicide, omg why didn't they tell someone :ohhhh:

(I know not all desires to CTB are caused by "depression" / mental illness, it's also about the general "pessimistic" outlook that seems to cause "normal people" grave offense for some reason.)

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, I've noticed this irony in normies and NPCs in this society. It's basically like lack of self-awareness laced with intellectual dishonesty. They also don't see to care about their contradictory viewpoints. It makes me very frustrated and angry seeing such irrationality in normies but I try not to think about it too much nowadays.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Normies are just better at lying to themselves. This world is a nightmare and they would be depressed too it they were honest with themselves. That's why they say they are there for you but then react in that manner when you take them up on it. That's why it's best to vent here heh.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Normies are just better at lying to themselves. This world is a nightmare and they would be depressed too it they were honest with themselves. That's why they say they are there for you but then react in that manner when you take them up on it. That's why it's best to vent here heh.
Yeah. I don't know how anyone can delude themself into being an "optimist". The world is objectively fucked up and evil, with more suffering than good things. But if you dare not to be a smiling beacon of sunshine regurgitating "it gets better :smiling:" you're "trying to make people miserable."

I just ran across a post on social media that caused me to make this thread, I was so pissed, lol. It was a post made by the type of person that considers themselves a supporter of the mentally ill. Yet the second someone depressed brings you down, it's off to the looney bin and "go get help." People are so fucking fake.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Lmao at normies and NPCs. I love it. But for real, I know my depression and other issues are a huge inconvenience and a burden to others. It really bothers me. And even if you try to get help from the appropriate people (therapists, counselors, doctors, etc) they often don't care to listen to you, either. They see you as a bother, a chore, a liability.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Lmao at normies and NPCs. I love it. But for real, I know my depression and other issues are a huge inconvenience and a burden to others. It really bothers me. And even if you try to get help from the appropriate people (therapists, counselors, doctors, etc) they often don't care to listen to you, either. They see you as a bother, a chore, a liability.
You're right. Their response usually includes "coping strategies" or "go for a nice walk". Where, of a fucking cliff?

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
You can be depressed but "don't bring other people down"

The same people that are like "you can talk to me any time" are also the ones like "OMG stop I have to cut your negativity out of my life, you're toxic!"

Depressed people are just "exhausting to deal with." I guess.

And normies wonder why anyone commits suicide, omg why didn't they tell someone :ohhhh:

(I know not all desires to CTB are caused by "depression" / mental illness, it's also about the general "pessimistic" outlook that seems to cause "normal people" grave offense for some reason.)
Perfectly stated! You just gave the best description. Nailed it!

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I would not have a problem with normies if they just shut up and didn't act so shocked and bothered when they learn about the suicide of someone they knew had problems and potentially asked for their help. it's all "it's shocking, I had no idea, he / she / they were doing fine." Or they change a bit the narrative and insert "I suspected there were some problems but (I couldn't be bothered to check) I didn't know the situation was so bad, it must have been a sudden decision."

No, normies, you've been told and asked for help...

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
True statements.
I don't know why so many people think you can just "move on" or that time will help or talking to "someone" aka a therapist will help. Just smiling more does not cure depression.
Dude. Seriously. Guess what someone said to me the other day? I mean this is one of the GREAT ones. They said "Stop feeling sorry for yourself."
You're right. Their response usually includes "coping strategies" or "go for a nice walk". Where, of a fucking cliff?
lol!
I would not have a problem with normies if they just shut up and didn't act so shocked and bothered when they learn about the suicide of someone they knew had problems and potentially asked for their help. it's all "it's shocking, I had no idea, he / she / they were doing fine." Or they change a bit the narrative and insert "I suspected there were some problems but (I couldn't be bothered to check) I didn't know the situation was so bad, it must have been a sudden decision."

you are speaking my exact thoughts. when we die no one should be shocked. they were told and asked for help and they ditched us/abandoned/shunned us, talked about us behind our backs, spread lies, etc.. but they will put on quite a show when it happens. you know they will.

Last edited:
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I think what you said is true. However, it doesn't matter that normies don't want to listen to my problems, because I've given up on getting better. My end goal is just to have a content suicide. Nothing anyone could or would do would fix my fucked mind or this fucked universe.

In some ways, I find normies to be exhausting too. Even if I don't talk to them, I've got to worry about bringing the mood down if I just sit and do nothing. There's an expectation to have this energy and fool around, laughing and joking. I can't open up and cut lose, because a lot of what's in my mind might be unacceptable.

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah, I've noticed this irony in normies and NPCs in this society. It's basically like lack of self-awareness laced with intellectual dishonesty. They also don't see to care about their contradictory viewpoints. It makes me very frustrated and angry seeing such irrationality in normies but I try not to think about it too much nowadays.
Oh I def agree with this. they love to believe they care for the mentally ill for some feel good points. When they actually have to tho they buckle. I'm sure there are those who do wish well but they seem to be a minority compared to this group.

I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
Yep, I was about to start a similar thread, even if in a less cynical tone. I agree with BitterlyAlive and see it from this perspective: I know I'm a huge inconvenience and a burden to others. Why should I blame it on others? I even wanted to ask, if you feel bad or guilty for your mood and negativity? I often feel this way. To deal with it all the time, meaning get along with friends, relatives is on top of my depression so to say.

But I think, what you're trying to say is that there's a lot of hypocrisy going on. Yes, maybe. At the same time I can understand. I can understand why these, what you call them, "normies" don't want me to be around with them with my negativity and pessimistic thoughts. Can I be mad about it? I don't think so

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Dude. Seriously. Guess what someone said to me the other day? I mean this is one of the GREAT ones. They said "Stop feeling sorry for yourself."

lol!
I have to feel sorry for myself, no one else will. :/

Normies think if we're not literally in the act of CTBing or looking outwardly unhappy we're "doing fine," lol.

I think what you said is true. However, it doesn't matter that normies don't want to listen to my problems, because I've given up on getting better. My end goal is just to have a content suicide. Nothing anyone could or would do would fix my fucked mind or this fucked universe.

In some ways, I find normies to be exhausting too. Even if I don't talk to them, I've got to worry about bringing the mood down if I just sit and do nothing. There's an expectation to have this energy and fool around, laughing and joking. I can't open up and cut lose, because a lot of what's in my mind might be unacceptable.
I feel the same way. I have a problem with living in this world, regardless of what may be going on in my mind, that no amount of talking or chemicals can "fix."

They are exhausting, it's why I try to limit my contact with others as much as possible, but it's still impossible to completely avoid them. That's part of why I like SS. No bullshit in that regard.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I have to feel sorry for myself, no one else will. :/

Normies think if we're not literally in the act of CTBing or looking outwardly unhappy we're "doing fine," lol.

I feel the same way. I have a problem with living in this world, regardless of what may be going on in my mind, that no amount of talking or chemicals can "fix."

They are exhausting, it's why I try to limit my contact with others as much as possible, but it's still impossible to completely avoid them. That's part of why I like SS. No bullshit in that regard.
hahah

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
I feel like a massive burden to my entire family because I have crying spells and outbursts all the time and they're all sick of it. If I'm not crying I'm silently suffering and thinking of ctb. You're 100% dead on about this. People just don't want to be a part of it. In some way I don't blame them because I don't even want to be around myself. Also why should they help if it's a helpless situation. Bleh

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
So true, I have thought this for quite awhile as well. They can cope if your problem is temporary, but god forbid you continue to vocalise your suffering lest it become inconvenient for the normies.

I know that there is only so much someone can take even if they have the patience of a Saint, but this happens even if you confide in multiple people to try and ease the burden.

It really does feel like talking to NPCs, like they have pre-programmed dialogue options and can't formulate a response that strays from their existing life script.

For a lot of people I think they see the less fortunate and the damned as entities that are out of sight, out of mind. Because they can't fathom their happy lives turning out like ours, they chose to distance themselves from those who are in misery and need support more than ever. Or, they use us as examples of, "See, my life isn't that bad, at least I'm not like this person!"

Like you, I simply can't stand the hypocrisy. They pretend to be champions of mental health and activism, but the moment you tell them that pills and therapists didn't work it's like a memory leak in their programming. They cannot compute. They cannot fathom someone not getting better and immediately start casting the blame on the individual rather than his circumstances.

Their half-baked posts dripping with a fake, venemous saccharinity make me so angry too. Only you can help yourself, they say, while denying those "toxic, negative suicidal people" basic kindness and empathy that would genuinely help some of us. It's a mindset, they say. You choose to be unhappy, they say. Well, I suppose you just didn't want to be helped/didn't accept the help, they say.

Maybe they should learn to be quiet instead of making false promises and further ostracizing those who are hurting. They could easily end up in our position due to random events in life outside of anyone's control, so I don't see what they get out of sneering at those who are suffering.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
what is an NPC?

Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I don't blame people for acting like this, honestly. If they feel I'm going to drag them down, it's fine to get rid of me. I don't want them to make themselves worse by associating with someone who's become a failure. You can't get anywhere in life without stepping on a few people.
what is an NPC?
A NPC on here would basically be someone who follows a script when comes to dealing with problems like ours. They give the same reasons a why you should live, or post the suicide hotline with a supportive message, but don't really attempt to help personally you at all.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I don't blame people for acting like this, honestly. If they feel I'm going to drag them down, it's fine to get rid of me. I don't want them to make themselves worse by associating with someone who's become a failure. You can't get anywhere in life without stepping on a few people.

A NPC on here would basically be someone who follows a script when comes to dealing with problems like ours. They give the same reasons a why you should live, or post the suicide hotline with a supportive message, but don't really attempt to help personally you at all.
thanks for hte explanation!

Merlay

Merlay

you need to die if you want to go to heaven
Oct 24, 2020
I told someone that hope is running out, but they responded with "keep on hoping and praying", "keep your hopes higher", "Let's be optimistic in this matter." And they're all the same people who told me, "you can always talk to me." "just tell me if you want someone to listen, all ears for u." But they just keep on talking and talking and the way I see it, they don't really hear me. People see different view. They don't understand because they can't. I understand why they can't understand. They all keep telling me, "Have a positive outlook in life!!!" "Be positive!!!" Bitch, I've been there. I have a bright and positive outlook in life before but it is just so hard to retain it. They said, "go for a walk." I did that. But the more I walk away, the more I see how harsh this reality is.

I guess, it's hard for them to see how imperfect this world is. If there's happiness, there should be sadness because without the latter, we'll never know how to be happy. If there's joy, there should be sorrow because without sorrow, how will we ever know that what we feel is "joy"? How will you know if you're brave and strong if you've never been afraid?

They limit their views in what makes them feel good about themselves or brings satisfaction to their desires. They say, "You can always talk to me." "Please, reach out to us." But when you started to spill out everything, they'll turn their backs on you. They won't even look at you. Why? Because you are the reality. And they are afraid because they can't change reality.

The problem is, they're not aware about that.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Very true, I just start dating someone called "normie" he's a great guy but he can see that I "have something". I'm gonna tell him this week that I suffer from depression and anxiety. Let's see if he sticks around. I have a feeling he will. But.... I'll let you know.

I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
Oh great. I can't imagine dating someone for quite a while now. She will know right away that something isn't right. Actually my life status is too desolate for anything relation wise right now.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
It becomes irritating to them when you're still not "cured" with their lip service it seems. Becoming someone's emotional support is exhausting but why it is that It's always us that takes the blame. Are we just too weak to live in this world or just being dramatic babies that can't get their shit together? Obviously its not the case, but on how people treat us, it feels that way.

Victim blaming is just so prominent, its making me feel like it's all my fault.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I have grown to accept that normal people are not so normal after all, when they have their own mental disorders which follows a collective pattern, "Ignorance for the Masses". They may not acknowledge what they say, or understand the words they're saying. They have no recollection if the previous sayings have hurt others in the past or been used before. They are all empty words, with no action, no meaning, no thought process, and we're supposed to eat that up and be cured.

Suicide Awareness is lacking because they tell people to ask, listen, and be there for a suicidal person, but they don't teach people how to listen properly. Listening is a soft skill that most people lack because it doesn't fit their narrative at the time. "Why do I have to listen to my friend talk about sad shit? This is really bringing me down." They don't want to face the harsh realities of life when they have a multitude of distractions that can preoccupy their mind. Keep them from believing that the world around them is hard. They succeed in life under the false pretense that if they suck up to the overlords in charge, they'll go somewhere in life. Us depressed people do not receive help, we live day in and day out in the dark world of negativity and hopelessness so that normies don't have to. When shit gets tough for normies, we're there to help them, and hopefully help them whenever we become normal again.

Yes, even formerly depressed persons become normal again, and they become part of the ignorant mass of people. Instead they become worse than normal people because they now believe that their vice or cure at the time will help others. "Smoke some weed man, that helped me a ton!", "I started exercising and lifting weights!", or "If you do X or Y, you'll be fine!". I'm sure they mean well, but so do most of the normies that do.

I've noticed that the suicide awareness posters are getting more statistical over the years, with more information tacked on to them that are almost as close as to what we experienced, but I think humanity as a whole are too selfish and indulgent of their own desires to even care about the ones who are in trouble. Compassion, empathy, kindness are things that we force ourselves to do to care for the common man, it doesn't come out as an innate ability. Humanity is one big bystander effect.

Rambling done.