• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I'm scared of going to a therapist. My mom has been asking me about it, but I made no progress and kept lying to her. I'm still at square 0 and will never get out of it. I wanted to ask if my symptoms are somehow indicative of those two disorders.
I most often feel like my behavior is controlled from somewhere other than myself. It feels like an algorithm has predetermined every action I take. During certain episodes, it feels like a hopeless struggle of escaping things, but I'm predetermined to never be able to escape it. It's useless. I can't escape anything, so I usually feel like I have no choice but to stop everything I'm doing and just wait for hours at times for it to be over. There's a short story written by Jorge Luis Borges, in which everything in a country is decided by a lottery. Every single last thing that happens is decided by it and after some time, it became less common knowledge and just a myth. To me, it feels almost like I'm controlled by such a lottery, but it's impossible to acknowledge it as real. As such, I am stuck in a hopeless existence, where I have no free will and can't change it. Any time these episodes happen, I become a different person almost. I become completely unpleasant and hateful to everyone around me. I go on this stupid forum and just start talking about hateful shit, because I lose all control over myself. I feel like I stop having any control and like I want to change course, but I simply can't anymore.
Aside of that, I have never-ending obsessions surrounding my sexual orientation. I'm bisexual and completely hate myself for it. To me, it is like an original sin. Every day my self-hatred comes up and it has completely destroyed my self-image. I can't think of anything other than that, when I think of myself. It's also the only thing I think of with other people. If I see someone with this orientation, I obsessively hate them for it. These obsessions translate into compulsively trying to suppress all of this. I either try to prove to myself my own orientation, since people doubt its existence. Or I suppress any thoughts pertaining to it, since I feel disgusting for them. Or I compulsively rant on any forum I was able to find about how much I hate myself. These compulsions are worst during depersonalization-esque episodes and the obsessions have entirely taken over my life.
I wanna know if these symptoms indicate conclusively whether I have these disorders.

• Hugs
Reactions: w41k3r15320 and vak
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
First, in my opinion every human being is naturally bi-sexual. Our society pushes us to be heterosexual. (christianity). So most of us might supress the love for the same sex, or homosexuals for the other sex. That's maybe a bold thing to say and I don't want to offend anyone.

Depersonalisation.... well, that's my second name. I am in this state for most part of the day. It is simply horrible to watch myself from the outside and yet I am incapable of changing it.
Do you know what causes your depersonalisations?

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

Feb 2, 2024
First, in my opinion every human being is naturally bi-sexual. Our society pushes us to be heterosexual. (christianity). So most of us might supress the love for the same sex, or homosexuals for the other sex. That's maybe a bold thing to say and I don't want to offend anyone.
I got a warning last time I went mask off, so I'll just add this: Everyone in the LGT-community seems to agree how homophobic bisexuals are. I'm not allowed to say I agree, but looking at your comment, I certainly won't disagree with their statement either.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I got a warning last time I went mask off, so I'll just add this: Everyone in the LGT-community seems to agree how homophobic bisexuals are. I'm not allowed to say I agree, but looking at your comment, I certainly won't disagree with their statement either.
Warning from whom?
LGT-Community here?
Generalisation is never the right thing.
That is my personal opinion and if anyone feels offendend.... well, I cant say more than I don't intend to hurt anyone.
Freedom of speech ;)

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

Feb 2, 2024
Warning from whom?
LGT-Community here?
Generalisation is never the right thing.
That is my personal opinion and if anyone feels offendend.... well, I cant say more than I don't intend to hurt anyone.
Freedom of speech ;)
Warning from the mods. Real nice, that YOU can enjoy freedom of speech. You know as well as I do, that everyone wants both of us gone. Real great of you to hone in on gaslighting me into believing how beautiful my subhuman orientation is, while not answering my fucking question.

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I wanna know if these symptoms indicate conclusively whether I have these disorders.
You may have me on ignore after our last interaction and I know you don't like to read lol. So to keep this as short as possible, if you want to know, then go to a psychotherapist. People on a forum are not equipped to diagnose you but it's very obvious that you are going through something profoundly pathological and painful. Your mom is begging you to go for a reason.

While others can hold empathy for you and your struggles, it really is not okay for you to lash out at others for what you compulsively perceive as a subhuman trait. It's even less okay for you to do it to yourself. It must be difficult when you have no control over it.

Why are you afraid to see a therapist?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Warning from the mods. Real nice, that YOU can enjoy freedom of speech. You know as well as I do, that everyone wants both of us gone. Real great of you to hone in on gaslighting me into believing how beautiful my subhuman orientation is, while not answering my fucking question.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

Feb 2, 2024
You may have me on ignore after our last interaction and I know you don't like to read lol. So to keep this as short as possible, if you want to know, then go to a psychotherapist. People on a forum are not equipped to diagnose you but it's very obvious that you are going through something profoundly pathological and painful. Your mom is begging you to go for a reason.

While others can hold empathy for you and your struggles, it really is not okay for you to lash out at others for what you compulsively perceive as a subhuman trait. It's even less okay for you to do it to yourself. It must be difficult when you have no control over it.

Why are you afraid to see a therapist?
Why are you even answering the question, if it's only to bring up this fucking conversation again? "Oh, I could answer your question, but let's talk about the one time you hurt my feelings."

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Why are you even answering the question, if it's only to bring up this fucking conversation again?
You poor thing lol.

Question: Should I go to therapy? Do I have OCD or depersonalization disorder?
The answer that you don't want to read:
… go to a psychotherapist. People on a forum are not equipped to diagnose you but it's very obvious that you are going through something profoundly pathological.
Please listen to your mother, at least, and contact a therapist if you want to get your answers. I don't know why you're scared but it just might be what's best for you.