Status
Not open for further replies.
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
It seems as if we can only last around about 3 days without water. We lose around 2.5% of water a day and the serious effects of dehydration seem to occur at around about 8%. From what I've read, electrolyte imbalance and the general unpleasantness that comes along with dehydration would start to become a debilitating issue at around about 2 days of dehydration. It would seem then that the easy road would be to dehydrate/fast for 2 days prior to ingestion of your drug of choice -- mephedrone or MDMA. I'm uncertain as to the onset of the severe symptoms of dehydration, so it seems that 2 is the safest option rather than waiting until mid-3. It's of my opinion that the benefits of extreme dehydration are minimal, but still worth doing. To this end, 2 seems optimal.

Poor skin turgor is a good indication of dehydration. One can test this by pinching the back of your hand. The more dehydrated you are, the less "tenting" the skin does. It takes longer to return to its original state.

Antimetics seems like a good decision for the inevitable ingestion of fuel prior to immolation. I don't see why Metoclopramide wouldn't work, similar to the SN method. Potential issues with this may be the physical swallowing and absorbing of the drug in a state of extreme dehydration. More research required.

Research into fuels might be worthwhile rather than the standard petrol. Some may be more pleasant to ingest for maximum fuel intake prior to combustion. Some may burn harder.

Jan Zajíc seems to have doused himself in 5 cans of flammable liquids. I have also read that he was fully clothed. This solves the question as to whether or not it is best to go clothed or naked. I think the idea would be to have as much flammable fuels on your body as possible, without adding to burn time. I believe it would be a mistake to pack as much fuel-soaked clothes onto your person as possible. Instead, simple attire, perhaps 2 layers, soaked as much as possible would be ideal. The Guardian reported that Jan Zajíc covered his entire body with a flammable parquet polish. I think this is a good idea, despite my inability to find this mentioned anywhere else.

I think over-preparation would be key to limit suffering. Perhaps a several minutes of methodically washing oneself in fuel and having an abundance of fuel is key. Weather would be important. Where I come from it storms often. Furthermore I had planned on going in a storm. A potential solution to clothing losing fuel to the elements would be to carry a container full of fuel with clothes already soaking inside. These will then be quickly put on seconds prior to combustion before the wind and rain does its work.

This is my current research which is ongoing.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sensei, dropdeadfred, Spyware and 4 others
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
i respect your commitment. I had considered this course but found it impractical due to my own circumstances.
A point of curiousity, a point of concern and a question on method.

Will you be tying this to an expression of will/magic towards anything ?
Will you be mindful of not catching others up in the blaze ?
What about a pyre in conjuction with the approach ?

I mean this sincerely as i still find myself drawn to the idea.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I don't have a god or something of that ilk. I suppose it's just an expression to myself. I have a belief, but it is a belief of myself and something loosely spiritual. It seems appropriate.

Yes. My priority is to never harm anyone in life and death. I had imagined myself doing this on a cliff during a storm in the middle of nowhere, so there is no risk to any other soul.

I'm extremely claustrophobic, so I don't enjoy the idea of being confined at the end. I'm not convinced as to the benefits of a pyre because I expect when you're ablaze you will not want to be sat still. You would break free and run rendering the pyre ineffective.

I should say that I don't have a date for this -- this is just public research for my own knowledge and other brave souls. Once upon a time I humoured the idea of hanging or jumping, but this seems like my way. This seems like the best expression I can do. If there is something more, this is how I would get there. I have a strength and it is largely invisible to people. I am treated as a joke. This method is a cure for that, among other things.

Reactions: yetme, Frew and dropdeadfred
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Please don't.
This death is inhumane.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: bov, TerminallyAlive, LastFlowers and 6 others
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Yes. My priority is to never harm anyone in life and death. I had imagined myself doing this on a cliff during a storm in the middle of nowhere, so there is no risk to any other soul.

This is a beautiful image. Thank you.

• Wow
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and dropdeadfred
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
This is a beautiful image. Thank you.
That's my thinking too. I don't know how to articulate that to other people but I'm very happy you understand. It is a romantic image. A violent tribute to a chaotic existence

• Hugs
Reactions: Frew, dropdeadfred and Deleted member 23374
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Please don't.
This death is inhumane.
I think this shows some measure of a good heart. That being said, some of us require pain as part of our effort/ritual.
This is a final sacred moment for many, it has to be our own way.

Reactions: ready 2 go, depressedsally, TerminallyAlive and 2 others
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
People will always treat lonewolves as a joke. Don't take it personally it's just the logic from a group perspective, group animal, which only has one true goal which is the survival of the organism.

Reactions: Frew
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Self Immolation has vast spiritual/mythological connotations. I think of Heracles, Brünhilde in Wagner's masterpiece, buddhist monks in protest...

Reactions: Frew and dropdeadfred
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
All I can say is don't be so fucking stupid.

You're either in some form of delusional state, or you haven't slept and/or have been taking some copious amounts of mind bending drugs and are not thinking straight.

It is not some noble way to die where you'll sit there and not flinch and will have the world in awe at the amazing power you had and might have bestowed upon the world, you'll die in extreme agony and people will think what a fucking loon to do that.

Go and get some help before doing something as irrational and insane as setting yourself on fire.

I feel particularly inspired to say this to you since your post comes after my post a few days ago about a woman setting herself on fire in a petrol station, and I don't want to feel I've influenced you to do something so utterly barbaric to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Smellanie, Stepheng7287, virtualoctopus and 4 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
All I can say is don't be so fucking stupid.

You're either in some form of delusional state, or you haven't slept and/or have been taking some copious amounts of mind bending drugs and are not thinking straight.

It is not some noble way to die where you'll sit there and not flinch and will have the world in awe at the amazing power you had and might have bestowed upon the world, you'll die in extreme agony and people will think what a fucking loon to do that.

Go and get some help before doing something as irrational and insane as setting yourself on fire.

I feel particularly inspired to say this to you since your post comes after my post a few days ago about a woman setting herself on fire in a petrol station, and I don't want to feel I've influenced you to do something so utterly barbaric to yourself.
I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with your post. I value your opinion and I understand why you feel the way you do.

Reactions: dropdeadfred
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Strange no one had mentioned self immolation here for eons until I posted it a few days go, then there have been a few mentions of it.

Lunacy is all I can say.

Reactions: Smellanie, Stepheng7287 and woxihuanni
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Strange no one had mentioned self immolation here for eons until I posted it a few days go, then there have been a few mentions of it.

Lunacy is all I can say.
Correlation is not causation. It may just be a coincidence. I don't think you need to blame yourself about Nomad's desires.

• Love
Reactions: StateOfMind, Lupgevif, dropdeadfred and 2 others
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
It's certainly not gonna make you look bigger in people's eyes if you even care about that.
Speaking of which... who cares what people think? Really?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lupgevif, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Surgeon
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Nomad was only recently posting about how just being was enough and now he's talking about setting himself on fire.

Forgive me for being concerned, but it sounds to me like a fantasy that will result in excruciating suffering if he goes through with it.

Perhaps the Buddhists spend years training their minds to ignore pain, they can supposedly survive up the Himolayas in freezing cold temperatures that would kill anyone else, they can perhaps control their heart rate and have complete control over their bodies that others cannot, or maybe even they take a load of mind bending drugs that stop them from feeling pain.

Who knows, but glorifying that kind of death and desiring to emulate it will result in nothing but pain and suffering, of that I am sure, whatever method the Buddhists use - you aint got it mate.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Stepheng7287 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Surgeon

Surgeon

anam cara
Mar 2, 2020
The idea is romantic as a show of mind over matter i get it i think
Absolute brutal way to go though.

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
The idea is romantic as a show of mind over matter i get it i think
Absolute brutal way to go though.
It's worse than jumping in front of a train.

Whatever, it's up to the OP what he wants to do.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Stepheng7287
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
It's worse than jumping in front of a train.

Whatever, it's up to the OP what he wants to do.
Train is not that bad.
Instant death.
Problem is SI.

Reactions: Deleted member 23374 and Umbrellaterm
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i admire your convictions but i promise you if you set yourself on fire there will be pain...

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I could die peacefully and painlessly or make myself suffer immensely.

I know, I'll choose immense pain.

Yes, that doesn't suggest you want to punish yourself or someone else rather than simply cease to exist.

Some of you need to grow up or simply find somewhere else to get your kicks, because you're taking the limited energy that people who DO really want to die with your stupid, vacuous and pointless posts about stupid shit that you're never, ever going to do.

Some of us are trying to find the strength and fortitude to check out permanently, we don't need thread after thread asking more and more stupid questions about SN and can I do this, should I do that, or more and more stupid threads about setting yourself on fire, jumping in front of trains, or leaping out of aeroplanes - either do it or don't and report back, but stop asking "how can I step in front of a train" "How can I jump off a bridge" "Do you think I can jump off a building" "Do you think I can be decapitated by a meteorite".

Do it, don't do it, just STOP wasting everyone elses time with your stupid childish shit.
I appreciate some of the offensive shit you post lol
What is your method?

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020

Yes, that doesn't suggest you want to punish yourself or someone else rather than simply cease to exist.

Some of you need to grow up or simply find somewhere else to get your kicks, because you're taking the limited energy that people who DO really want to die with your stupid, vacuous and pointless posts about stupid shit that you're never, ever going to do.

Some of us are trying to find the strength and fortitude to check out permanently, we don't need thread after thread asking more and more stupid questions about SN and can I do this, should I do that, or more and more stupid threads about setting yourself on fire, jumping in front of trains, or leaping out of aeroplanes - either do it or don't and report back, but stop asking "how can I step in front of a train" "How can I jump off a bridge" "Do you think I can jump off a building" "Do you think I can be decapitated by a meteorite".

Do it, don't do it, just STOP wasting everyone elses time with your stupid childish shit.
I hope the irony of your words doesn't escape you brother. I will also remind you that just because you don't understand something, it doesn't make it wrong or incorrect. We all walk our own path. I understand why you feel the way you do about this, but I promise you that I am not trying to invalidate your choices. I didn't know you existed until you made yourself known.

This is part of my process and it helps me to reach clarity, like many here. If it were as simple as "just doing it", then this place wouldn't exist. There would be no need for public discourse at all. I'm sure you understand that. I know you don't trust the conviction of extremes because it would seem for you death should be a sorry affair. I assure you that my conviction is sound and my perspective on death, it would seem, is counter to yours. The difference is that I am not thrusting my opinion down your throat. I am simply utilizing the tools here to achieve my goals.

Reactions: ready 2 go, Lupgevif, dropdeadfred and 1 other person
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
My method is listening to you droning on and on about stupid shit and dying of desperation and exasperation.
lol if it works I'm glad to be of service to you sir.
So if I continue posting and you die, would that be considered manslaughter?

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
lol if it works I'm glad to be of service to you sir.
So if I continue posting and you die, would that be considered manslaughter?
God please stop posting, if I have to listen to any more of your drivel I fear I may go mad.

Reactions: Barracuda91 and SmellyRat
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
There is no more humane death than dying by the very method you decide. Dying in almost any method is painful. Y'all care too much about how you will feel while you're still alive, but if death if the end goal, why does the pain immediately before it even matters? You're afraid of pain, that's absolutely ok, don't project it onto others though, let them decide their owm methods; specially in this case, since Nomad has stated he has got no intention of harming anyone else.

Feel free to leave this forum. You clearly haven't understood the point of it. This forum was not made only for you, people have the right to ask anything. If you're pissy about reading the same thread titles over and over, I'll repeat it: leave.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ready 2 go, x~Sophia~x and dropdeadfred
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Oh okay oh mighty wise master, I'll just ignore the stupid shit people post and say it's okay and accept it as verbatim just because they posted it.
You lost your shit over not being able to convince someone to give up on their method. On a suicide forum. That splatters the word "pro-choice" all over it. Read the room.

C

Churaak

Oct 2, 2020
I was thinking about self-immolation too, I would most likely scream like a little girl unless the pain would be so overwhelming I wouldn't be able to utter a word. I want a peaceful ending as possible though, cause I lived my life in chaos. I'm killing myself for myself, not for others.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and dropdeadfred
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Right, so in that case "brother" why don't you walk out of your house right now, go to a petrol station, pump gas all over yourself and then light a match.

Ah yes, let me guess - you need to do "more research" into "fasting" and "water retention".

Well let me tell you right now, you could drink 99 gallons of water immediately before, and if you dowse yourself in petrol then set yourself on fire - it won't make a jot of difference.

So fuck off and stop talking bollocks.
It is my life and my choice brother. I am a man of conviction so when I do things I do them right. If you were the same, you would not be here bartering words with me about my method. You would be conducting yours. I know you see the flaw in your argument, but I also understand that this isn't about debate.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I can say that my death has to mean something to me where my life has not. This method to me is beautiful and romantic, albeit yes, painful. As a person, I have an affinity to nature, pagan symbolism and abstract spiritualism, if that helps you understand. But like I said before, this doesn't seem to be about understanding and more an expression of your ire. I'm happy to be that for you if it brings you peace. We're all ashes and dust brother, yourself included.

You are absolutely correct in saying that the actions I take before lighting the match matter little when I am dead, but it is about ritual. Life is full of ritual. It helps with the process.

I want to die screaming brother. I want my end to be a violent tribute to an otherwise chaotic existence. I understand that you don't care for my flowery language. You seem like a packet of fags and a copy of the daily mail sort of bloke, but this is my way. To me, your way is a sorry one. Weak.

• Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, ovaltinee99, ready 2 go and 3 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Don't be so stupid.

I'm totally pro choice, but there's the choice of going peacefully, the choice of deluding yourself into a painful death, and the choice of jumping into a meat grinder to turn yourself into sausages.

I wouldn't suggest anyone should choose the sausage grinder when they can drink a drink and leave with little if any pain.
I wouldn't either. But if they refuse to listen to me after telling them how painful and stupid it is, how getting all high and mighty would help? Do you really think you are o, the so wise emissary of suicide who knows the best method for anyone? Get a grip, you can only choose your own death, you're wasting time trying to convince someone who showed they can't be convinced, and energy, getting so pissy over such pointless endeavor.
I'm saying the OP is a total fantasist who is sucking the life and energy off people who DO want to ctb with his silly nonsense.

And you trying to say we should just go along with it.

You're as bad as he is.
Your initial input was valid. OP understood it. That's it, that's all you can do. Don't worry, he's not inspired by the article you posted about the woman setting herself on fire, you have no say on how others kill themselves (you're not that special), and the blame won't fall over you.

Last edited:
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
So go do it then. You don't need to fast or dehydrate, it's your outside not your inside that will be burning. So go do it.

Why the need to romanticise over it and witter on and on about it here?

I'm not seeing my death as romantic, it's horrific, I don't want to do it but have little choice.

So excuse me if listening to idiot 1 claiming that setting yourself on fire after dousing yourself in accelerant is beautiful and romantic, and idiot 2 trying to goad him into doing it doesn't really press my buttons.

Why don't you idiot 2 go and join idiot 1 and you can set each other on fire. Make sure there's a live feed though, I want to see your strength and magnificence as you horrifically burn to death.
Why have you not drunk your peaceful drink yet? It's so easy, won't hurt a little bit, so what is stopping you?

Why write about it here? Because it's a safe space for people to discuss suicide. Do you really think people are so dumb to read this thread and think "oh, sounds smart, I'm gonna do the same"? You are clearly underestimating people. You even thought you somehow influenced Nomad. You clearly think you are the light of knowledge among a crowd of suicidal sheep. People here can think for themselves. You are not wise, you are not the hero of those who wish for a peaceful death, you are pretentious and clearly got controlling issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: ready 2 go and x~Sophia~x
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
So go do it then. You don't need to fast or dehydrate, it's your outside not your inside that will be burning. So go do it.

Why the need to romanticise over it and witter on and on about it here?

I'm not seeing my death as romantic, it's horrific, I don't want to do it but have little choice.

So excuse me if listening to idiot 1 claiming that setting yourself on fire after dousing yourself in accelerant is beautiful and romantic, and idiot 2 trying to goad him into doing it doesn't really press my buttons.

Why don't you idiot 2 go and join idiot 1 and you can set each other on fire. Make sure there's a live feed though, I want to see your strength and magnificence as you horrifically burn to death.
That's a good question. Why indeed. Why are there half the questions there are on here? Why does the SN guide exist? Why are all the resources here and how did they come to be? It's because people have shared their information and thought processes. How do you think the printing presses came to be that print your daily mail copies? Information upon information. This is how society works.

Can I ask what your method is brother? And why you haven't committed yet? I assume it's because you're not ready yet.

Reactions: Lupgevif
Status
Not open for further replies.