L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
It seems that only default style shows the new layout .. if you have light, dark or incognito light or dark chosen as the style, you will still see the messed up format.
you can change it in settings

This is what I'm seeing now in default style

View attachment 37371

Reactions: 262653 and sadghost
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
On incognito dark the banners turns to an autoparts logo ....
xD

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
oh i suck with emojies, i like xD because most of the time i'm a little bit Joker nutz. So it's basically the laughing face.

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
new style looks a little weird. square avis are better and this shit is burning my eyes. but everything other than xenforo is broken.

Reactions: Skathon, _Minsk and GoodPersonEffed
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
The number of posts and reaction score is gone in a general post. You can only see those now when you click on someone's profile. GOOD

• Love
Reactions: omoidarui, GoodPersonEffed and pete_x
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
new style looks a little weird. square avis are better and this shit is burning my eyes. but everything other than xenforo is broken.

I really miss the gray background. It's so much more calming, all these bright colors are a bit of an assault on my eyes. And colors can affect, generate, and alter emotions, while gray is neutral.

The number of posts and reaction score is gone in a general post. You can only see those now when you click on someone's profile. GOOD

I didn't notice that until you commented. I agree -- GOOD. I hope they don't add them back!

xD

Welding supply would be so much more apropos. XD

They should change it to that just to honor @fightingsioux for all his contributions regarding inert gas methods!

What does xD mean?

The closest emoji to XD is :haha: . There's just no space between the eyes.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653, autumnal and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
the name colors should go too, it has that skeevy social media sheeple feel to it

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
xD

That's always been a feature of incognito mode, that's the point of it.

Reactions: Skathon and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
wait so does the banner randomize ? that would make more sense maybe, better a user setting turn off the banner. is there one ?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
why's that?

React scores and number of posts are a distraction from the discussions. The forum isn't a social media popularity contest, but react scores and post counts dredge up that kind of extraneous stuff which has no bearing on what the forum is about.

Even discussing why one is or isn't bothered by it has nothing to do with what the forum is about, but there have been a lot of discussions and debates about the topic. I've even gotten emotionally caught up in how much I don't want to be viewed in certain ways based on how long I've been a member or how much I post, because that kind of thing happens -- that is, people being perceived in certain ways based on numbers and longevity. I'm responsible for my own feelings, but having that kind of stuff in my face means I have to keep working on those feelings when I'm trying to focus on other, more important shit. I'm not here for fluff or for power, and numbers often end up for many being perceived as being about one or the other, whether consciously or subconsciously.

Now I feel relaxed that such info isn't right there with my name or anyone else's, whether they're new or have been here for a minute, or whether they post a lot or a little, and maybe the forum can finally move on from this subject. I feel like now we're all on more equal footing, just peers seeking the same or similar goals -- information, support, and acceptance.

Those numbers sometimes, for some, lead to suspicion of members seeking power, or they can even be used to gain power if that's what someone's into, and on rare occasion, they have been into it for various reasons, hence the suspicion. That kind of shit drives me nuts, and I get distracted with worrying that I'll be viewed as suspicious based on what a very small number of others have done in the past, and I in fact have been suspected, and rode it out. This is the last place that kind of crap belongs, the power and the popularity fluff. So now, with the numbers being gone, I feel instantly calmer, and I think it's possible that the overall tone of the forum may experience some positive shifts, such as less battles that have nothing to do with the reasons for why we're all ostensibly here, and I just feel like repeating what those are -- information, support, and acceptance.

I hope that sufficiently answered your two-word question. :pfff:

If you are utterly unaffected by and/or unaware of any of this, I hope that maybe you can accept that others are affected by it, and even if you don't get it, at least get that it sucks for them just as other things you are affected by suck for you. I hope that didn't sound rude or defensive, I didn't quite know how to say it right. I just know some people don't get that it's an issue or why it is. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Arrow, Brink and pete_x
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
Wait if someone can see this help is it BROKEN for everyone or just me this is the first thread I've gotten to type in
I can't see whether I replied lmao

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Wait if someone can see this help is it BROKEN for everyone or just me this is the first thread I've gotten to type in
I can't see whether I replied lmao

Yup, I can see it! Go to the bottom left of the screen and change the style/mode to default style or UI.X.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
React scores and number of posts are a distraction from the discussions. The forum isn't a social media popularity contest, but react scores and post counts dredge up that kind of extraneous stuff which has no bearing on what the forum is about.

Even discussing why one is or isn't bothered by it has nothing to do with what the forum is about, but there have been a lot of discussions and debates about the topic. I've even gotten emotionally caught up in how much I don't want to be viewed in certain ways based on how long I've been a member or how much I post, because that kind of thing happens -- that is, people being perceived in certain ways based on numbers and longevity. I'm responsible for my own feelings, but having that kind of stuff in my face means I have to keep working on those feelings when I'm trying to focus on other, more important shit. I'm not here for fluff or for power, and numbers often end up for many being perceived as being about one or the other, whether consciously or subconsciously.

Now I feel relaxed that such info isn't right there with my name or anyone else's, whether they're new or have been here for a minute, or whether they post a lot or a little, and maybe the forum can finally move on from this subject. I feel like now we're all on more equal footing, just peers seeking the same or similar goals -- information, support, and acceptance.

Those numbers sometimes, for some, lead to suspicion of members seeking power, or they can even be used to gain power if that's what someone's into, and on rare occasion, they have been into it for various reasons, hence the suspicion. That kind of shit drives me nuts, and I get distracted with worrying that I'll be viewed as suspicious based on what a very small number of others have done in the past, and I in fact have been suspected, and rode it out. This is the last place that kind of crap belongs, the power and the popularity fluff. So now, with the numbers being gone, I feel instantly calmer, and I think it's possible that the overall tone of the forum may experience some positive shifts, such as less battles that have nothing to do with the reasons for why we're all ostensibly here, and I just feel like repeating what those are -- information, support, and acceptance.

I hope that sufficiently answered your two-word question. :pfff:

If you are utterly unaffected by and/or unaware of any of this, I hope that maybe you can accept that others are affected by it, and even if you don't get it, at least get that it sucks for them just as other things you are affected by suck for you. I hope that didn't sound rude or defensive, I didn't quite know how to say it right. I just know some people don't get that it's an issue or why it is. :heart:
And they're back

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I don't see an option to change to default style.
I just want dark mode back.
It's all white now, like a hospital waiting room, and it's damaging my calm.

decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
yep, and ignore feature for users is fucked for me which DEFINITELY ruins my calm and makes the web site almost unusable for me now :( i really dont need to see that shit while im in a suicidal crisis

Reactions: Good4Nothing
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Ya it was in settings and now it's gone.
it was also at the bottom left and it's gone also. That sucks that you didn't get to change it . I'm sure they're working on it still

• Aww..
Reactions: Iwanttooffmyself and Good4Nothing
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
oh shit i forgot i checked "show ignored users" jesus christ i feel foolish haha
i feel like im one of those people who call tech support and rebooting their computer fixes the problem

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
oh shit i forgot i checked "show ignored users" jesus christ i feel foolish haha
i feel like im one of those people who call tech support and rebooting their computer fixes the problem

Tech support: "Is it turned on?"

Me: "Of course it's turned - Oh, godDAMMIT!!!"

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and GoodPersonEffed