• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Honestly, I don't see this site getting any worse.
It's probably different, but is it worse?

There are definitely more people here.
More people = more threads and thoughts.
Not every person may like every thread, that's normal.
Simply put, more people means a greater chance that something you won't like may appear.

Another thing is that you don't have to talk about CTB methods all the time.
Anyone can write about almost anything.
This website is undergoing a natural evolution.
Nothing more.

Not everyone on this site likes it.
This is a simple difference of worldviews.

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I can't be sure, I have only been here for a year. But personally, I don't feel much has changed since I first found this site, and I sure don't feel like the site has gotten worse. But that's only my point of view.

Reactions: xinino
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Speaking as someone who's been on here for years (though I took a hiatus for the latter half of 2022 and most of 2023), I genuinely don't believe the site has declined or even changed much at all. Some of the people here have changed but the topics and such are mostly the same. We're still having all the same threads about the afterlife, people begging for SN sources, incel discourse, antinatalism, etc.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
maybe it will be different but this site won't close... I guess.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I have a mixed opinion on this. Negatively: it certainly seems as though there is a rise in tribalism and a lack of nuance within this community, so users labeling each other unfairly, and trying to make other users appear as something or someone who they are not. Though disregarding this criticism the community (overall) seems mostly the same as it has always been, so perhaps the negatives that I have mentioned were always here, but they are just more noticeable due to a larger population; there was certainly "drama" 2 years ago.

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

As Useful As A Chocolate Teapot 🫖
Apr 6, 2024
You can search it in her profile- Here's something from the most powerful user on this site, the administrator rainandsadness;

"And I wouldn't use this forum anymore if I didn't have to visit it to do admin stuff. Okay. This forum died for me back in 2021. That's a matter of fact. I'm keeping it alive for others, not for myself."

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think it's changed all that much. Maybe a little. I think there are still plenty of serious, relevant threads. If you don't like some of the topics being posted on the forum, just don't interact with them.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I would say so, having been here off and on for years (long before I joined, 2019 maybe?) but not by much. The topics remain largely the same, cyclicial with each new batch of members, yet I feel like some of the depth, articulation, and even shitposty humor has been lost; but maybe this is just my bias, since a lot of members I was familiar with have disappeared by now.

I feel like it's nothing site specific, but rather how 'chronically online' people have become, and the audience now reflects that; it honestly pisses me off to see this 'culture/speak' seep into everything, including this place, but then again, I'm also just crazy. Considering I'm still hanging around a suicide forum after multiple years. Past its peak, imo, but something keeps me crawling back like the pitiful creature I am.

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
I'm pretty new here, and I won't pretend as if I'm not. I disagree that this site is declining or anything since it's very much still pro-choice, but I think it's understandable if some older users here don't like that the site might be changing due to increased popularity. It happens all the time with a lot of websites that get widespread coverage like that.

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
What is being criticized is the same as a small business becoming a large one or a village becoming a city. Fewer benchmarks, more excesses, some active people have left, etc....

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
In my perspective, the type of people who make up the userbase here has radically changed. There are more trolls than ever and people that are just here to try and recreate the same tiresome dynamics seen on social media websites.

As a result the site is nothing like it once was. I guess it has to do with all the publicity this site has received, it has attracted those who are only here to troll and try and cause mayhem and infighting like they do on social media websites. There are more people who are just here to use this place as a knockoff reddit, Twitter, or whatever place to personally attack others and try and stir up controversy over certain topics or shitpost memes in lieu of an actual discussion or intellectual reply.

The site is so much more pro life now it's hard to believe it was ever accused of being something like "pro death". I miss the userbase that embraced antinatalism, promortialism and general "pessimism", the sense of solidarity and philosophical discussion was great. The users seemed more serious and there were more disccussion, even if there was disagreement, it felt more evenhanded and empathetic. I miss when you could be assured the people that came to this site where overwhelmingly here because they had done some deep diving to try and find suicide methods, had trod off the beaten path in life, or were fundamentally different, through beliefs or mindset or experiences or otherwise. Now it simply feels like there are an overwhelming amount of normies here who maintain the mindsets of prolifers. There are many more who point and laugh at those with unpopular beliefs or mental health issues while expecting sympathy for their own issues.

That's not to say that there were never drama or arguments or bullying users, but the overall feeling of the sites userbase has certainly changed and feels far more hostile and less willing to agree to disagree, move on and ignore content that isn't relevant to them or that they disagree with and so on.

To me, the current SS is disappointing and sad to even look at.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It changes all the time as new members join and regular members leave or take a break. It's just the nature of it. We're all going to have preferences on who and what we relate to the most. Sometimes it only takes one new member to join who makes posts we find really engaging or- a member we really liked to go absent for it to change for us personally.

I think overall though, the publicity that things like that Tantacrul video gave the site brought in a massive influx of young members. (Ironic seeing as he was supposed to be trying to 'save' young people in particular.) So, it definitely changed after that. People turning up more out of curiosity too. Again, all of that is going to affect our individual experience differently depending on what we relate to.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees