• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

sickofeagles

Dec 13, 2021
I actually brought this about a year or two ago. It's quite flimsy, so I had to duck tape over everything with strong tape. And when I say everything, I mean everything. You don't want anything to come apart whilst in use. My SI was very high with this, not sure why. However, I did succumb to it, and was drifting away within seconds or minutes, can't remember which. I was falling into unconsciousness. I had the same feeling you get when you're being put under anesthesia. But I ended up pulling it off at the last minute, because my SI was too high. My final conclusion is that, I can see this being a viable option but only if everything stays in place, including your mask. I literally had to duck tape it just to make sure it would stay in place. I looked a right state when I looked in the mirror 😂😂. But I can see this being a peaceful exit if done right.
What is SI?

Reactions: r2d2020
G

GloomySpark

Mar 16, 2023
Hi everyone! Is there any updates on the DeBreather, and/or results from those who were skilled enough to build their own?

G

GloomySpark

Mar 16, 2023
I bought the DeBreather too and after studying it decided to make my own. Mine has a much larger soda lime volume, no valve(s), super minimal breathing tubing, and a 12 volt micro pump that circulates a portion of the CO2 stripped air from after the soda lime canister right back up to the mask through an oxygen connector that is sold to feed oxygen into breathing tubes. This makes for basically zero dead space in the system and ensures O2 drops right away and there's barely any O2 or CO2 after just a few breaths. For the currently-sold ReBreather, IMHO the combination of too much breathing tube volume, who knows Chinese soda lime quality, and other factors led me not to use the device. I guess anyone who bought one could add on a pump or make other changes. IDK .... in the end it's whatever risk everyone feels they can bear. The basic body and filtering came from homemade DeBreather posts of previous members who appear to now be gone due to success or self banning ... who knows. I feel good about my design and will soon know for sure.
Hi TheBroken,
Just wondering what were the results of your homemade DeBreather?

Reactions: r2d2020
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
Hi TheBroken,
Just wondering what were the results of your homemade DeBreather?
It's done - was easier than I thought and I was able to delete the need for an air pump. It's now stored and ready. have to get family member through one more medical treatment and then will use this summer. To be honest, I am really looking forward to the relief.

G

GloomySpark

Mar 16, 2023
It's done - was easier than I thought and I was able to delete the need for an air pump. It's now stored and ready. have to get family member through one more medical treatment and then will use this summer. To be honest, I am really looking forward to the relief.
That's very clever! Have you tested it and confident that it will work?
I'm thinking about it myself but still doing some research. Is there a volume of air that needs to be circulated in order to provide adequate measures and time?
You sound like a kind person, and deserve to feel peace in contrast to the suffering that you are experiencing.

• Love
Reactions: TheBroken
r2d2020

r2d2020

Feb 11, 2020
I built a version a while back when it was popular on the site. As far as I can tell my design was good, I used quality components, had a perfect fitting mask, did lots of testing for leaks with none found and had good, pure soda lime from a reputable source. It's not the most complicated thing to make, however it's also not something you can make with bailing wire and duct tape!

My last attempt with the device seemed like it was going to work and my last measurement of SPo2 was 70%, although most finger tip devices aren't very accurate under 80%. I did eventually pass out, then sometime later I woke up with a fast heartbeat and a bit of a headache with no signs of Cyanosis (blue skin) I'm not sure why it failed, but my SI is really strong so maybe it was that. I've been hypoxic several times before but it takes a lot to get me there. I decided to abandon this method so I destroyed the device. I am now in possession of SN and with probably use it to CTB , still not that thrilled about poisoning myself though.

G

GloomySpark

Mar 16, 2023
I built a version a while back when it was popular on the site. As far as I can tell my design was good, I used quality components, had a perfect fitting mask, did lots of testing for leaks with none found and had good, pure soda lime from a reputable source. It's not the most complicated thing to make, however it's also not something you can make with bailing wire and duct tape!

My last attempt with the device seemed like it was going to work and my last measurement of SPo2 was 70%, although most finger tip devices aren't very accurate under 80%. I did eventually pass out, then sometime later I woke up with a fast heartbeat and a bit of a headache with no signs of Cyanosis (blue skin) I'm not sure why it failed, but my SI is really strong so maybe it was that. I've been hypoxic several times before but it takes a lot to get me there. I decided to abandon this method so I destroyed the device. I am now in possession of SN and with probably use it to CTB , still not that thrilled about poisoning myself though.
Thank you for sharing r2d2020! That must have felt devastating, especially with all your efforts in getting it ready to be used.
Were you conscious all the way down to 70%, and how were you feeling up until that point? They say that anything below 80% starts to affect the brain (which is a scary thought), do you have any lingering effects from your experience?
Yes there are some very terrifying ways to leave this world, I just wish it could be as easy as pressing an off switch.

r2d2020

r2d2020

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you for sharing r2d2020! That must have felt devastating, especially with all your efforts in getting it ready to be used.
Were you conscious all the way down to 70%, and how were you feeling up until that point? They say that anything below 80% starts to affect the brain (which is a scary thought), do you have any lingering effects from your experience?
Yes there are some very terrifying ways to leave this world, I just wish it could be as easy as pressing an off switch.
No problem. Regarding the oxygen levels, you may have missed this "last measurement of SPo2 was 70%, although most finger tip devices aren't very accurate under 80%." so I may not have been that low. I haven't noticed any major changes, but who knows about lasting damage. Agreed about an having an on/off switch, although only if there was a safety!

G

GloomySpark

Mar 16, 2023
No problem. Regarding the oxygen levels, you may have missed this "last measurement of SPo2 was 70%, although most finger tip devices aren't very accurate under 80%." so I may not have been that low. I haven't noticed any major changes, but who knows about lasting damage. Agreed about an having an on/off switch, although only if there was a safety!
Understood the reading may have been erroneous, but still curious as to how the experience felt for you up to the point of losing consciousness?
Glad to hear that there have not been any noticeable impacts.

G

G50

Jun 28, 2023
I was wondering if the reported failures of rebreather/debreather method could be due to wearing the face mask without having shaved, so that there is stubble, or even worse, wearing the face mask on top of a beard.

In the case of N95 face masks being used to protect against COVID, it is well-known that these can fail to provide protection against the virus if the person wearing them has unshaven stubble. The stubble creates a gap between the face and the mask where air can get in, which can allow the virus in.

In the context of using a debreather as an exit method, stubble might conceivably also allow sufficient oxygen in, thus leading to failure.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I was wondering if the reported failures of rebreather/debreather method could be due to wearing the face mask without having shaved, so that there is stubble, or even worse, wearing the face mask on top of a beard.

In the case of N95 face masks being used to protect against COVID, it is well-known that these can fail to provide protection against the virus if the person wearing them has unshaven stubble. The stubble creates a gap between the face and the mask where air can get in, which can allow the virus in.

In the context of using a debreather as an exit method, stubble might conceivably also allow sufficient oxygen in, thus leading to failure.
Ive set on this being my method so ill be able to see if it works. I'll announce when I try and if I don't follow up you can assume it works.

Reactions: G50
W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
The updated version, the R2D Rebreather III, is mentioned in the latest Exit International newsletter stating that they have put it back in the PPeH. It uses small cartridges of inert gas. That's all I know. If anyone has access to the June PPeH essentials edition I'd love to hear what it says about it.

G

G50

Jun 28, 2023
I was thinking that perhaps using a plastic bag over the head, and sealed around the neck with an elasticated string, might be a more reliable way to ensure oxygen does not enter, compared to a wearing a mask.

I've just been reading an article: The Debreather: A Report on Euthanasia and Suicide Assistance Using Adapted Scuba Technology, published in 2010. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links, but you can Google for this document.

On page 300, it says:
Table 1 summarizes the nine reports, comprising eight deaths and one failed attempt. The mean time to death was 25.12 min (range 10 to 48 min). Large doses of flunitrazepam (which is not legally available in the United States or Canada) or other sleep medications were reported in all but one case.

In five cases the client was asleep prior to application of the debreather mask. In three cases no information was given about the client being asleep, and in one case the client put on the mask prior to falling asleep.

In the single failure, a pre-existing medical condition allegedly caused sudden vomiting before a large dose of flunitrazepam could induce sleep (see Table 1, Case 6). The semi-conscious client underwent four successive attempts with the debreather, but each time resisted against the facemask at approximately 5–7% oxygen

Note that table 1 on page 301, which details the 9 cases who used this debreather method, reports difficulties with mask seal in several cases.

So this method seems successful, but there are mask seal issues.

Also, it seems several people who used this debreather method went to sleep first using a benzodiazepine (flunitrazepam) or other sleep medications, and then once asleep the debreather mask was donned. Presumably that requires the assistance of someone (which I think is illegal).

In the Peaceful Pill Handbook 2022, it says nothing about needing to be asleep first when using the debreather method:
The R2D DeBreather

The DeBreather is a device that uses recirculated air to produce a low oxygen, low carbon dioxide environment to provide the user with a hypoxic peaceful death.

The idea of using a closed gas source to bring about hypoxic death was conceived by John Hofsess, and Gordon Smith and initially discussed with Philip Nitschke at the first NuTech gathering in Victoria, BC in 1998.

In the years that followed, the Smith-Hofsess DeBreather was used by over ten people to end their lives. However, there were problems associated with maintaining a good air-seal between the user and the apparatus. This led to the abandonment of the DeBreather in 2002. A record of these early events was published in the peer-reviewed journal, Death Studies in 2010 by Canadian researcher, Russell Ogden. The article was titled: 'The debreather: A report on euthanasia and suicide assistance using adapted scuba technology'.

In 2017, US inventor, Richard Avocet, announced that he had solved the former problem associated with the air-seal. This new model 'R2D ReBreather' was unveiled at the 2017 NuTech conference inToronto, where itwas acknowledged for its development.

As R2D units began to be sold around the world, Exit expected that we would soon receive eyewitness reports of the "success- ful' use of this new Debreather. However, this did not occur.

In early 2022, with still no confirmed reports of successful use, the decision was made to remove the Debreather Chapter from the eHandbook. The Debreather may be included in the future, but not until there are validated eyewitness reports of its successful use.