• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
I think I've landed on this as my method if I ever choose to die, but there is limited information on real cases of suicide by hypothermia. What is the success rate assuming you don't change your mind halfway through?

Any other tips for higher success besides fasting, sleep deprivation, and alcohol?

Reactions: murmur
S

StandardOtter

Apr 17, 2023
I'd be really worried that a hypothermia suicide would be very hard to complete succesfully and result in permanent damage if you don't.

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Apr 26, 2023
I'd be really worried that a hypothermia suicide would be very hard to complete succesfully and result in permanent damage if you don't.
You don't need freezing temperatures to die. You can still drop your core temp enough to shut down your organs without getting frostbite. Especially if you're in cold water

Reactions: Gonnerr and Hanno
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
The key to hypothermia success is alcohol and nothing else, alcohol gives false feeling of warmth and dilate blood vessels which speed up the process by loosing body heat quickly .

Reactions: Oobaar and murmur
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I think I've landed on this as my method if I ever choose to die, but there is limited information on real cases of suicide by hypothermia. What is the success rate assuming you don't change your mind halfway through?

Any other tips for higher success besides fasting, sleep deprivation, and alcohol?
Lots of people have died of hypothermia, so plenty is known about it, even though it doesn't seem to be widely used as a method of suicide.

It's the way I will go when my time comes. I have known that since I was a teenager. I spent a lot of time in the oudoors when I was younger, and I would just head off into the wilds, alone, in cold weather,, and not come back If the temperature is well below freezing, the one thing you must avoid is failing to die and waking up with frostbite. However, you can die - and die quite quickly - at temperatures a little above freezing, especially if it is wet, and even more so if it is wet and windy, and of course there is then no possibility of frostbite. You need to do it somewhere you won't be found until you are well and truly dead. (I will try to ensure that I am never found at all.) So although it might be possible to do it in your own neighborhood, that may not be a good choice. (People have died, accidentally, of hypothermia outside their own front door.) It needs to be planned properly, but I don't think it's particularly difficult. It's a peaceful way to go. Obviously you feel cold for a while, but as your body temperature falls further, you eventually feel nice and warm and comfortable. And then there is nothing,

Alcohol interferes with the body's temperature regulation, and can make hypothermia happen faster. I won't be using it. Seems to me that if I can't ctb without alcohol, then I probably shouldn't be doing it at all. But you may feel differently. Tranquilisers are another possibility (though I don't plan on using them either).

Sleep deprivation is irrelevant, you don't need it, and it might interfere with your ability to manage the situation.

Fasting will, in theory, make you more vulnerable to the cold, but I think the effect would be small unless you have fasted for a long time. (In my case, fasting would be counter-productive, as I will need enough strength to get well out into the wilderness.)

As for changing your mind halfway through, I won't be able to, because I will have gone too far out in the wilds to be able to return. But if you are somewhere closer to "civilization" you will probably be able to to reverse things while you are still at the stage of simply feeling a bit cold. When it gets much beyond that, you won't. The boundary between between able to reverse things and being unable is probably very fuzzy, and inability to function effectively will creep up on you stealthily, so if you are in any doubt about wanting to ctb, don't want too long before changing your mind.

Hope that helps.

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
Lots of people have died of hypothermia, so plenty is known about it, even though it doesn't seem to be widely used as a method of suicide.

It's the way I will go when my time comes. I have known that since I was a teenager. I spent a lot of time in the oudoors when I was younger, and I would just head off into the wilds, alone, in cold weather,, and not come back If the temperature is well below freezing, the one thing you must avoid is failing to die and waking up with frostbite. However, you can die - and die quite quickly - at temperatures a little above freezing, especially if it is wet, and even more so if it is wet and windy, and of course there is then no possibility of frostbite. You need to do it somewhere you won't be found until you are well and truly dead. (I will try to ensure that I am never found at all.) So although it might be possible to do it in your own neighborhood, that may not be a good choice. (People have died, accidentally, of hypothermia outside their own front door.) It needs to be planned properly, but I don't think it's particularly difficult. It's a peaceful way to go. Obviously you feel cold for a while, but as your body temperature falls further, you eventually feel nice and warm and comfortable. And then there is nothing,

Alcohol interferes with the body's temperature regulation, and can make hypothermia happen faster. I won't be using it. Seems to me that if I can't ctb without alcohol, then I probably shouldn't be doing it at all. But you may feel differently. Tranquilisers are another possibility (though I don't plan on using them either).

Sleep deprivation is irrelevant, you don't need it, and it might interfere with your ability to manage the situation.

Fasting will, in theory, make you more vulnerable to the cold, but I think the effect would be small unless you have fasted for a long time. (In my case, fasting would be counter-productive, as I will need enough strength to get well out into the wilderness.)

As for changing your mind halfway through, I won't be able to, because I will have gone too far out in the wilds to be able to return. But if you are somewhere closer to "civilization" you will probably be able to to reverse things while you are still at the stage of simply feeling a bit cold. When it gets much beyond that, you won't. The boundary between between able to reverse things and being unable is probably very fuzzy, and inability to function effectively will creep up on you stealthily, so if you are in any doubt about wanting to ctb, don't want too long before changing your mind.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info
Do you think a failed hypothermia attempt at 0C temperature can cause brain damage?

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Thank you for the info
Do you think a failed hypothermia attempt at 0C temperature can cause brain damage?

Brain damage is before coma and death so long way to go but can you do that method, these are some extreme way to ctb

Op have his answer in his question which says there is limited information about this in terms of suicide because most of them don't do this, if the information is limited how can you get information on success rate, on how to execute it and so on

All the op methods are extreme like fasting, sleep deprivation and alcohol these are all crazy if you ask me

Hypothermia is mostly accidental and no one near to help you, I don't think suicide works like that because si will kick in and you gonna abort!

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
Brain damage is before coma and death so long way to go but can you do that method, these are some extreme way to ctb

Op have his answer in his question which says there is limited information about this in terms of suicide because most of them don't do this, if the information is limited how can you get information on success rate, on how to execute it and so on

All the op methods are extreme like fasting, sleep deprivation and alcohol these are all crazy if you ask me

Hypothermia is mostly accidental and no one near to help you, I don't think suicide works like that because si will kick in and you gonna abort!
You don't know of extreme methods. Extreme means extreme pain so methods like self-immolation, drowning, etc. Hypothermia is nowhere that painful. So it's not as extreme as you think, it's less reliable but as far as pain goes it's around SN level

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
You don't know of extreme methods. Extreme means extreme pain so methods like self-immolation, drowning, etc. Hypothermia is nowhere that painful. So it's not as extreme as you think, it's less reliable but as far as pain goes it's around SN level
You are kidding right, comparing all these method to sn, did you read the sn failed attempts report very few experienced headache, stomach pain but most of them said they don't know what happened, unconscious, feel like running at high heart rate and everyone said they will try SN again after their failed attempts so obviously it is not painful and aftermath is not bad because no one got brain damage or any long term damages to their body from their failed attempts which is a big plus for sn method, SS have a lot of resources about sn which can help people to do ctb

People don't have much resources about hypothermia, what's aftermath if someone save you from hypothermia you never know who is gonna show up and save you from the attempt and a lot of other unanswered questions!

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
You are kidding right, comparing all these method to sn, did you read the sn failed attempts report very few experienced headache, stomach pain but most of them said they don't know what happened, unconscious, feel like running at high heart rate and everyone said they will try SN again after their failed attempts so obviously it is not painful and aftermath is not bad because no one got brain damage or any long term damages to their body from their failed attempts which is a big plus for sn method, SS have a lot of resources about sn which can help people to do ctb

People don't have much resources about hypothermia, what's aftermath if someone save you from hypothermia you never know who is gonna show up and save you from the attempt and a lot of other unanswered questions!
I have had a failed attempt with SN 3 years ago. I have been on this website since 2019. I know exactly how SN feels, what are the consequences of failure, etc. I failed because I got found. I don't want to commit a second attempt with SN again because I hate the taste, I won't be able to bear it yet again. Hypothermia feels right to me
I agree that there's is less info on hypothermia but we do have a bit of it available

Reactions: DeadHead
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I have had a failed attempt with SN 3 years ago. I have been on this website since 2019. I know exactly how SN feels, what are the consequences of failure, etc. I failed because I got found. I don't want to commit a second attempt with SN again because I hate the taste, I won't be able to bear it yet again. Hypothermia feels right to me
I agree that there's is less info on hypothermia but we do have a bit of it available
You not gonna try sn again just because of its taste ?

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
You not gonna try sn again just because of its taste ?
No because I live with my parents. I'm going to be found again if I do a second attempt at home
Also I think that SN is too complicated and that the Stans guide is not 100% reliable. Well it is in fact not 100% correct as Stan himself mentioned. I failed in my 1st attempt because of it. Stans guide adviced not to take antiemetic if you already take antidepressants such as quetiapine. I was taking quetiapine at that time so I skipped the antiemetic. And so I vomited. Still fainted but the remains of SN in my stomach weren't enough to kill me quickly so I got found.

Last edited:
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
No because I live with my parents. I'm going to be found again if I do a second attempt at home
Also I think that SN is too complicated and that the Stans guide is not 100% reliable. Well it is in fact not 100% correct as Stan himself mentioned. I failed in my 1st attempt because of it. Stans guide adviced not to take antiemetic if you already take antidepressants such as quetiapine. I was taking quetiapine at that time so I skipped the antiemetic. And so I vomited. Still fainted but the remains of SN in my stomach weren't enough to kill me quickly so I got found

I can't understand it is confusing, what was reason for the failure

You were found, you vomit or not enough sn in your system so my question is let's say if you were not found it would have killed you nor not ?

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
I can't understand it is confusing, what was reason for the failure
2 reasons
Vomiting due to not taking the antiemetic + I shouldn't have attempted while sharing an apartment with my parents in the first place
You were found, you vomit or not enough sn in your system so my question is let's say if you were not found it would have killed you nor not ?
I don't guarantee it but I think I would've died if not found:
1) I lost consciousness after vomiting. Which means there was still a considerable amount of SN inside
2) When they found me my skin was blue. Which means the poisoning was in the process when they found me

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
2 reasons
Vomiting due to not taking the antiemetic + I shouldn't have attempted while sharing an apartment with my parents in the first place

I don't guarantee it but I think I would've died if not found:
1) I lost consciousness after vomiting. Which means there was still a considerable amount of SN inside
2) When they found me my skin was blue. Which means the poisoning was in the process when they found me
Can I pm you ?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Thank you for the info
Yes, it could, but probably only if someone resuscitates you after you have entered a deep state of hypothermina (i.e. are close to death). In that case, your brain will not have received enough oxygen for a while. Much would depend on the rate at which they warmed you up. So if you are going to do this, do it somewhere there is no possibility of your body being found until you are well and truly dead. Mild hypothermia, on the other hand, won't do you any long term harm, provided it is not accompanied by frostbite.

bluville

bluville

Nov 30, 2022
Idk but I really don't think this method is worth even considering, best case scenario is a slow painful death and worse case is you come back from it permanently disabled

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Idk but I really don't think this method is worth even considering, best case scenario is a slow painful death and worse case is you come back from it permanently disabled

its probably not that painful if you take plenty of alcohol + sedatives. People have died accidentally this way.

T

Teetering

May 9, 2023
I'm not sure this is entirely true. I experienced mild hypothermia from being out in the cold whilst drunk when it was wet and windy during a MH crisis (I was found pretty quickly) and my experience was that I felt really content and I felt warm, which was the weird bit! I felt warm and content 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was shivering a lot but it wasn't unpleasant or painful. I understand shivering stops once you enter moderate hypothermia.

I think it's only worth considering if you know you won't get found for the length of time it would take.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
G

got1992thumbs

May 14, 2023
Supposedly the end is pretty euphoric with this method. It is something I consider because I live in the Rockies and could easily find somewhere isolated.

C

cherry7

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
You don't need freezing temperatures to die. You can still drop your core temp enough to shut down your organs without getting frostbite. Especially if you're in cold water
Can you say more about how to do that?

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Apr 26, 2023
Can you say more about how to do that?
Sorry for the late response, I've been away lately. Not much to say. Cold air exposure is more likely to cause frostbite because air doesn't conduct heat very well and therefore has to be very cold to induce severe hypothermia. Water is a good thermal conductor and can sap heat from your body much more efficiently. This table estimates how long it takes to die based on the water temp.

As far as how to do it, just find a body of cold water and hop in. Bathtubs won't work because they're so small your body can just heat them up before you die. Also, ensure your final resting spot is in the shallows where you can breathe without treading water. Otherwise, fatigue and loss of motor control will cause you to drown before hypothermia kills you.

Reactions: cherry7