IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
I am unable to source SN and I wish to die at home, so methods like jumping are out. Overdoses have a high failure rate and I don't want to try hanging as I have a phobia of things being tied round my neck.

I wondered whether stopping all food and fluids would be a viable method. I know it will be difficult and painful, but I feel out of other options at the moment. I live alone and work from home, so I don't think anyone would realise until it was too late. Are there any drugs I could take to ease the process? I have some OTC sleeping pills but I'd need water to take them. Can I overcome thirst by rinsing my mouth with water without swallowing? Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I think it can be done, but it's tough and (very) difficult.

Depending on your personal health situation it could be agonizing too.

In the end, it's unpredictable.

I myself did a 5 day soft dry fast a time ago. Both for health reasons and also to see whether this could be a viable method for me.
Eating and drinking was not allowed, but skin contact with water was, otherwise I wouldn't be able to shower or even wash my hands.
It was especially tough the first 2-4 days, but after that I got used to it.

It became apparent that I wasn't going to die anytime soon.

The only reason I quit the fast was because I had some leftover food that I didn't want spoiled and also grocery discounts were about to start.

My health since then has declined more. I haven't fasted for months, because it would cause me too much suffering in my current state.

Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori and IsThisEverything
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Dehydration and starvation have 100 percent mortality - slow and painful methods but you do not have to be afraid of failed suicide attempt.

Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
You'll be going into a war, not a mere battle, with your SI.

Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori, Flameboyant and 3 others
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
Thanks for the replies. I know it's going to be hard to avoid my SI. Is there anything I could do to ease this? I've gone several days without food before but not water.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Your SI will kick in hard espeically when you have the ability to just drink water from the water tap. "hunger-strikers" usually find the power to starve for weeks and months. You can only survive without water for about 3 days (maybe 4 days) but it's really painful imo.

Reactions: Kit1
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Thanks for the replies. I know it's going to be hard to avoid my SI. Is there anything I could do to ease this? I've gone several days without food before but not water.

The only way would be to practice fasting often, and for longer periods of time.

But this is not something you can just "build up" in the matters of a few weeks or even months.
It took me at least 2 years to get to the point of where I am. 2 years of dieting, changing my lifestyle and practicing fasting whenever I could.

After completing a fast, you WILL need to replenish your nutrients properly, and the only way this can be done is by following a proper diet.
Things like giving in to cravings, and eating unhealthy high sugary food for a few times, is already more than enough to set you back and ruin your diet (and fasting) regimen.

This is actually much more complicated than I initially made it sound like, but that's because I already have a few years of experience doing this.

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I have tried this and lasted for more than one week - and tried this several times. Mine is due to a phobia against food and drink after particular challenges and thought I would try and end my life doing this. Unfortunately I live with family and this was not doable anyway. Extremely painful and will be incredibly slow.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownWorld2023
H

Hanger2000

One living creature in a endless suffering world
Oct 17, 2023
I've heard people said that dehydration makes a more peaceful death. I plan to combine various methods, dehydration, exposed myself to the sun for a day, cutting myself little by little then when I am all fucked up I will stab myself in the throat or chest or I can start with my left arm and die by loss of blood slowly but I will be to fucked up to even feel a thing. If you read the Bible this is how Jesus die by loss of blood and being exposed for long hours to the sun. I think this is a peaceful way to CTB.