P

Papadragon

Aug 23, 2018
Wrapped the rope around me, with the knot on the left side, didn't even have to tie it to anything, just tightened it around me, my vision became splotchy, and I almost fell asleep. But I knew I'd die so I took it off since I'm not doing it right this second. But when I felt myself going out, I didn't see flashbacks of my life, nor did I feel shame or hate or negativity. I felt curiosity, and this sense of adventure about what's outside this bubble of a world we live in. And I think this may be true for all of us, that our experiences and depression and lack of finding meaning and value in anything, make us give up on existing here, but behind the pain, there is a curiosity and sense of adventure that comes from being let down and wanting more, and maybe, just maybe, death is the doorway to something incredible, and life is pushing us in that direction.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, frank630, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 7 others
UglyAndSuicidal

UglyAndSuicidal

Aug 19, 2018
Dude well said. I like to think that when we die it's something so beautiful we'll barely be able to comprehend the experience.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RoloTomasi, Anarchy and 2 others
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Wrapped the rope around me, with the knot on the left side, didn't even have to tie it to anything, just tightened it around me, my vision became splotchy, and I almost fell asleep. But I knew I'd die so I took it off since I'm not doing it right this second. But when I felt myself going out, I didn't see flashbacks of my life, nor did I feel shame or hate or negativity. I felt curiosity, and this sense of adventure about what's outside this bubble of a world we live in. And I think this may be true for all of us, that our experiences and depression and lack of finding meaning and value in anything, make us give up on existing here, but behind the pain, there is a curiosity and sense of adventure that comes from being let down and wanting more, and maybe, just maybe, death is the doorway to something incredible, and life is pushing us in that direction.
I hope you are right I'm not afraid of dying it's the time between tightening the rope and death that scares me. All I get is dizzy and blurry vision I cant make myself go farther than that. Survival instinct kicks in.

Reactions: RoloTomasi, ninaevol and lv-gras
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

Excellent post.

I don't believe in an afterlife but I am hoping the transition is an "adventure" of sorts and that my brain will go into overdrive as it is deprived of oxygen, and perhaps produce some cool hallucinations and a euphoria similar to a (good) LSD trip. So in this way it will be the ultimate adventure as I transition into what I believe is oblivion.

There is some scant scientific evidence that DMT is produced by the pineal gland, and for sure exists in spinal fluid. Also some evidence this chemical is released (for lack of a better word) into the brain as it dies. Trippy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, ScaredOfLife, lv-gras and 4 others