hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
now it does say this in the introduction when you join this site but I've been questioning if some even read that now.

I've noticed SO many people asking for help with basic things. things that could easily be found with the slightest amount of research. I'm aware people don't have access to the search bar right away, but you always have the resource compilation, it's right on the top pinned.
I'll even link it here:
I understand your tired, but it doesn't take much, even before the search function you can always look up on the "thread titles" search function:
"painless methods"
"easy methods"
Or literally whatever you want.

Choosing and exicuting a good method takes wok and planning. If you don't you're setting yourself up for failure. Not every method is as easy as it seems. Just do research. I've read the resource compilation up and down left and right, it's one of the most useful sources on here.
For heavens sake it probably has the answers of what you came here for.

So just please stop asking the same questions over and over again. Don't be lazy, do your research.

I understand how much you all want freedom, and I want you to get it. I'm saying this for your sake too. A stranger who took 30 seconds to answer your question isn't the holy grail. Only you can decide what will work best for you after doing proper research.

much love to you all <3

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Olisop21., ShornSoloists, Slow_Farewell and 35 others
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Those are the sorts of posts that make me worry more and more minors are slipping through the net than ever before. There was someone yesterday requesting painstakingly precise instructions on how to tie a knot to a door handle. Any other methods were off the table because (surprise, surprise) they had no money and lived with their parents. Suicide is something I've been researching for nearly 2 decades. I can't imagine making such a serious decision but not being able to dedicate any money or intellect towards it. That is unless you happened to be a child with little to spare. Makes me worried for the future of the forum.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Lost in a Dream, Slow_Farewell and 21 others
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
Those are the sorts of posts that make me worry more and more minors are slipping through the net than ever before. There was someone yesterday requesting painstakingly precise instructions on how to tie a knot to a door handle. Any other methods were off the table because (surprise, surprise) they had no money and lived with their parents. Suicide is something I've been researching for nearly 2 decades. I can't imagine making such a serious decision but not being able to dedicate any money or intellect towards it. That is unless you happened to be a child with little to spare. Makes me worried for the future of the forum.
I've noticed it too. An uptick in members who just seem young, talk about having no money or living with their family. I get people can live with their family and not be a minor, but makes me worry still.

Also the self harm threads lately just give me teenager vibes.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Lost in a Dream, BrainShower and 13 others
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
yes it's basically sad at this point seeing how many potential kids are here. It's so hard to do anything about it because there's truly no way to say if they're kids or not unless they admit it themselves.
honestly I attribute it not only to the worsening world which makes more and more people want to ctb, but also just the increase in media coverage, they don't realize that they make the situation worse.
If people found this site naturally, there wouldn't be so many people asking about stupid stuff because they were already doing research.
I've noticed it too. An uptick in members who just seem young, talk about having no money or living with their family. I get people can live with their family and not be a minor, but makes me worry still.

Also the self harm threads lately just give me teenager vibes.
yes this too, even though I self-harmed after I was an adult, it's just the types of questions they ask.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash’Girl, psp3000, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
yes it's basically sad at this point seeing how many potential kids are here. It's so hard to do anything about it because there's truly no way to say if they're kids or not unless they admit it themselves.
honestly I attribute it not only to the worsening world which makes more and more people want to ctb, but also just the increase in media coverage, they don't realize that they make the situation worse.
If people found this site naturally, there wouldn't be so many people asking about stupid stuff because they were already doing research.

yes this too, even though I self-harmed after I was an adult, it's just the types of questions they ask.
Yeah, for sure. I think that infamous video on YouTube has a lot to do with it. Which is ironic considering the content and message of said video.

Reactions: dizzdesi, k1w1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
For everyone who thinks they've spotted a minor, please report. We try our very best, but don't see everything.
It would be very much appreciated!

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Lost in a Dream, BrainShower and 15 others
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
now it does say this in the introduction when you join this site but I've been questioning if some even read that now.

I've noticed SO many people asking for help with basic things. things that could easily be found with the slightest amount of research. I'm aware people don't have access to the search bar right away, but you always have the resource compilation, it's right on the top pinned.
I'll even link it here:
I understand your tired, but it doesn't take much, even before the search function you can always look up on the "thread titles" search function:
"painless methods"
"easy methods"
Or literally whatever you want.

Choosing and exicuting a good method takes wok and planning. If you don't you're setting yourself up for failure. Not every method is as easy as it seems. Just do research. I've read the resource compilation up and down left and right, it's one of the most useful sources on here.
For heavens sake it probably has the answers of what you came here for.

So just please stop asking the same questions over and over again. Don't be lazy, do your research.

I understand how much you all want freedom, and I want you to get it. I'm saying this for your sake too. A stranger who took 30 seconds to answer your question isn't the holy grail. Only you can decide what will work best for you after doing proper research.

much love to you all <3
i am new and have done a moderate amount of research could i pm u i have questions?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and hi-okbye
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I agree 100%

Reactions: hi-okbye
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The original post should be pinned at the top of suicide discussion in my opinion, it would probably make new members less confused who are looking for method information and mean that the same basic questions are less likely to be asked over and over again.

• Love
Reactions: http-410 and Adûnâi
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i am new and have done a moderate amount of research could i pm u i have questions?
sure!
The original post should be pinned at the top of suicide discussion in my opinion, it would probably make new members less confused who are looking for method information and mean that the same basic questions are less likely to be asked over and over again.
which one?

Last edited:
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
Awe, f this place! I researched my stuff. Too DEATH the Sept, before last when they rejected my application…) so it took until whenever I was finally able to join in. Order to try again Later

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
This is the case, unfortunately. I'm less worried about the future of the forum because of access by minors, to be honest, and more that minors are actually thinking about these things. No one should have to deal with that, let alone people so young, nor should they feel they have to make a decision so quickly. :(

Reactions: BrainShower, edu0z, Aim and 1 other person
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Awe, f this place! I researched my stuff. Too DEATH the Sept, before last when they rejected my application…) so it took until whenever I was finally able to join in. Order to try again Later
I'm sorry it took so long to get in, but I'm glad you did your research!
This is the case, unfortunately. I'm less worried about the future of the forum because of access by minors, to be honest, and more that minors are actually thinking about these things. No one should have to deal with that, let alone people so young, nor should they feel they have to make a decision so quickly. :(
exactly! it just really saddens me to see that kind of stuff. I wish they didnt have to feel like that :(

Reactions: BrainShower and ropearoundatree
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
The amount of times I've seen people with less than 50 messages say "Just failed my attempt, trying partial hanging how painful is it? I've done my research" Is concerning. Anyone who has done their research will know a general idea of what they are in for, and partial in particular is able to be both painful and painless. There is a very real lack of actual researching going on and more so a "tell me what to do and how to do it" mentality that screams child.

I suppose not being completely sure of things and openly asking is the right thing to do, but I feel uneasy giving advice to people without the willpower to do their own research on the basics of their methods.
Assuming you are referencing what Ibthink you are (the intro to lurkers and the method overview thread) I don't think many people notice or even care. I don't agree with how that is handled, yet I feel a majority of those who come on here don't read it. I suppose that's their own problem though.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, Ash’Girl, hi-okbye and 1 other person
Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Yes you can find information on your own, but there are some things that are too specific that you may need to ask someone, and honesty just help them if you can.

none of us want to be here. We all want the same thing. Taking the time out of your day to give someone some advice or insight can make a huge difference.

For example, I have learned so much from people helping me, along with me doing my own research as well. The closer to death the better because that's ultimately the end goal.

• Love
Reactions: raindrop9, beelzebul, hi-okbye and 5 others
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
For everyone who thinks they've spotted a minor, please report. We try our very best, but don't see everything.
Has there been any discussion on age verification? If so what is the consensus?

It's one thing to ban minors who disclose their age, but most youth will just lie. Minors who disclose are as desperate and motivated as many of us; they will learn to just make a new account and then not disclose.

So, it's another thing to actually be proactive by putting safeguards in place.

I haven't been around long enough to make an informed judgment, which is why I ask. But at face value it seems to me it should be a thing.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower, ForeverBroken, hi-okbye and 1 other person
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
What the fuck...? I understand if the age demographic shifts given that mental illness rates are higher in younger generations, and hope at some point the moderators step in. They say that they can't hide the site because of too many requests coming in for verification when they do, but I do think the 12 year olds ctbing from info on this site is a pretty big deal that should be attempted to work around instead of leaving it be.
Yeah, for sure. I think that infamous video on YouTube has a lot to do with it. Which is ironic considering the content and message of said video.
It's absurd that he hasn't taken it down yet even though it's really clear that he didn't properly censor his video and is doing something counterproductive to his goals... so idiotic.
The amount of times I've seen people with less than 50 messages say "Just failed my attempt, trying partial hanging how painful is it? I've done my research" Is concerning. Anyone who has done their research will know a general idea of what they are in for, and partial in particular is able to be both painful and painless. There is a very real lack of actual researching going on and more so a "tell me what to do and how to do it" mentality that screams child.

I suppose not being completely sure of things and openly asking is the right thing to do, but I feel uneasy giving advice to people without the willpower to do their own research on the basics of their methods.
This is probably not going to be a well-received opinion I straight up think that people who don't do their own research don't deserve to be helped in ctbing. It reads as impulsive and uninformed, which automatically makes it a bad decision. Something that shouldn't be enabled. Some questions are a Google search away too (not the 999th person asking if their overdose on totally harmless drugs is going to work), and it's annoying that the forum is being used like a search engine when it's not.
I haven't been around long enough to make an informed judgment, which is why I ask. But at face value it seems to me it should be a thing.
RainAndSadness said that it was turned on once, but then it was too much work for mods because requests got flooded.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower, edu0z, Ash’Girl and 4 others
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
I straight up think that people who don't do their own research don't deserve to be helped in ctbing. It reads as impulsive and uninformed, which automatically makes it a bad decision. Something that shouldn't be enabled. Some questions are a Google search away too (not the 999th person asking if their overdose on totally harmless drugs is going to work), and it's annoying that the forum is being used like a search engine when it's not.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. Hard research dissuades impulsivity and encourages informed decisions, something children are heavily susceptible to the opposite of. The more available we make information and methods (basically spoon feeding them when they can't even be arsed to look up a thread), we become responsible for their deaths. I also worry that people are "testing" us, seeing how easy it is to get advice, and then vilifying us for it elsewhere, or to themselves. I try and make sure the information I provide is very general but I'm sure I fuck up at points.

Reactions: BrainShower, edu0z, bebebeep and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Has there been any discussion on age verification? If so what is the consensus?
Realistically a real age verification via ID card / passport / Credit Card is a big threat to the anonymity here. It is used for KYC in financial related accounts. I don't see any other real option to veryify whether a user is real and 18+ or not.

• Informative
Reactions: BrainShower, dizzdesi, Ash’Girl and 2 others
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
It is not hard, look at the profile picture used, the grammar, context, & as pointed out so accurately above, the utter lack of resources to deal with simple problems.
I see kids answering questions by kids.
I rue that idiot's video as the membership swelled following it's publication.

Reactions: FlyAwayHoney, hi-okbye and Celerity
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm aware people don't have access to the search bar right away
Is there a search function on this forum at all? This setup (shared by the incels forum, too) seems to lack it completely? When I wanted to search the incels forum, I just used <site:santioned-suicide.net> (or its equivalent) in Google.

Those are the sorts of posts that make me worry more and more minors are slipping through the net than ever before.
Children seem to be numerous on Web 3.0 overall, probably due to the proliferation of phones.

There was someone yesterday requesting painstakingly precise instructions on how to tie a knot to a door handle. Any other methods were off the table because (surprise, surprise) they had no money and lived with their parents.
Joke's on you, but that describes me succinctly although I'm fucking 27. Although to be fair, I live separately, my mom only comes to me to cook. So yeah, I'm suicidal because I'm clueless and inadequate for life.

Reactions: LeperGnome
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Joke's on you, but that describes me succinctly although I'm fucking 27. Although to be fair, I live separately, my mom only comes to me to cook. So yeah, I'm suicidal because I'm clueless and inadequate for life.
Allow me to offer a different example. Would you also be so "clueless and inadequate for life" that you wouldn't know wether a child's BB gun could kill you or not? I understand that failure to launch is a reason to CTB. But there is a clear distinction between that and being a child living with their parents not having access to their own money, privacy and relevant life knowledge or common sense that I didn't think I needed to spell out.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
There is a very real lack of actual researching going on and more so a "tell me what to do and how to do it" mentality that screams child.
I straight up think that people who don't do their own research don't deserve to be helped in ctbing. It reads as impulsive and uninformed, which automatically makes it a bad decision.
Gatekeeping, yay! You know that I already feel suicidal every time I do my research on AI services - which everyone seems to know, and I don't? That I already feel suicidal and inadequate when I see a stream of anime gifs in Discord chats - because I will never have the slightest idea how or why people save and then pick them just in time for the appropriate context?

And here, people are gatekeeping suicide methods! Which cannot be googled. And although this forum has the resources, they are utterly useless for my country because I live in the fucking Ukraine.

Again, I sympathise with that kind of people who wouldn't be suicidal if they could commit suicide - because then they would have the skills necessary for life as well.

But there is a clear distinction between that and being a child living with their parents not having access to their own money, privacy and relevant life knowledge or common sense that I didn't think I needed to spell out.
I have no life knowledge, zilch, nada. I have never talked to anyone aside from my mom or teachers (in voice). I'm not a child, but I fit this definition so hard, it hurts. But then again, I'm barely ever asking here for suicide methods anyway.

See how I'm not using your cringe language like "CTB"? No offense, I hope people won't get offended for me using normal English (as much as my Ukrainian cultured brain can do it or care to do anyway).

• Hmph!
Reactions: Unicr0n
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Gatekeeping, yay! You know that I already feel suicidal every time I do my research on AI services - which everyone seems to know, and I don't? That I already feel suicidal and inadequate when I see a stream of anime gifs in Discord chats - because I will never have the slightest idea how or why people save and then pick them just in time for the appropriate context?

And here, people are gatekeeping suicide methods! Which cannot be googled. And although this forum has the resources, they are utterly useless for my country because I live in the fucking Ukraine.

Again, I sympathise with that kind of people who wouldn't be suicidal if they could commit suicide - because then they would have the skills necessary for life as well.

I have no life knowledge, zilch, nada. I have never talked to anyone aside from my mom or teachers (in voice). I'm not a child, but I fit this definition so hard, it hurts. But then again, I'm barely ever asking here for suicide methods anyway.

See how I'm not using your cringe language like "CTB"? No offense, I hope people won't get offended for me using normal English (as much as my Ukrainian cultured brain can do it or care to do anyway).
No life knowledge but enough to exert intellectual superiority? How quaint. All I'm hearing is "wahhh wahhh, why can't everything be handed to me on a silver platter?!". Grow the fuck up, dude. You've been here for 3 years, if you haven't figured it out yet, no one can help you.

Reactions: Unicr0n, k1w1, Abyssal and 1 other person
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
No life knowledge but enough to exert intellectual superiority? How quaint. All I'm hearing is "wahhh wahhh, why can't everything be handed to me on a silver platter?!". Grow the fuck up, dude. You've been here for 3 years, if you haven't figured it out yet, no one can help you.
Yikerinos. The fact that I was barely active in the online communities I had joined only speaks to my aloofness - and cluelessness.

Again, gatekeeping is disgusting. Yes, silver platter - I never asked to be born, the least I can expect is my mom cooking for me, etc. I do my research when it's easily available - such as on Wikipedia, or via a Google search.

Meanwhile, the suicide theory is as difficult to access as the views of incels, or maybe the Juche Korean intranet. It's an in-group. And I hate in-groups.

I'm forever a noob, eternally retarded. I still cannot walk in a straight line IRL, always wary of people, of cars, of the ice on the ground, of stray dogs. So again, I totally sympathise if any other people like myself exist (maybe they don't, and I'm just moaning about the previous me).

Nobody can help me? That could well be the case. Considering I'm Ukrainian, I could just volunteer for the army, and pray that I'm sent to the front lines, without being raped in the rear. But again, I would have to sleep for a month with disgusting sweaty males in the barracks or whatever they inhabit. And I still could merely have my feet removed instead of a nade to the face.

• Hmph!
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
I never asked to be born, the least I can expect is my mom cooking for me, etc.
Good to know this is how you regard women.

Also, I don't know why you keep reiterating that you are Ukrainian. How is that relevant?

• Yay!
Reactions: Unicr0n, k1w1, Talvikki and 3 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Good to know this is how you regard women.
I don't consider my mom a woman, that would be weird. Also, she bears the main offense of giving birth to me, so it's only fair.

• Hmph!
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes you can find information on your own, but there are some things that are too specific that you may need to ask someone, and honesty just help them if you can.
I don't think the OP is referring to people asking very specific questions but rather to the people (usually brand new members) who ask the same basic general questions like how do I ctb with SN, what methods are there etc, things where the answer is read the suicide resource compilation because that holds the information. The OP's thread is aimed at new members who are likely confused by the site and if the forum is filled with basic questions like that it means people's threads who are looking for something very specific just get buried and are less likely to receive an answer.
which one?
I just meant to say that what you wrote in your original post in my opinion should be put at the top of the suicide discussion as a sticky thread as it may make new members less confused with the site and reduce basic questions being asked. I've seen so many new members ask about methods unaware of the resource compilation until someone mentions it. This thread title might grab people's attention.

• Love
Reactions: http-410, hi-okbye and Adûnâi
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
It is not hard, look at the profile picture used, the grammar, context, & as pointed out so accurately above, the utter lack of resources to deal with simple problems.
I see kids answering questions by kids.
I rue that idiot's video as the membership swelled following it's publication.
:) unfortunately there's more work involved then you might think.
That's why we ask, if you suspect someone to be a minor , please report.

That way we all can try to keep the community as safe as possible

Reactions: k1w1, BrainShower, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
:) unfortunately there's more work involved then you might think.
That's why we ask, if you suspect someone to be a minor , please report.

That way we all can try to keep the community as safe as possible
Hi, user @spookycuddles just admitted to being a minor

Reactions: hi-okbye, Celerity, Abyssal and 1 other person