Chloe

Chloe

Jun 24, 2018
I am 15 sexual abuse from my neighbor.Starting i was 9 years old.Now 6 years of sexual abuse.Police have not helped me,my parents not help me.How do others deal with suicidal thoughts due to sexual abuse ? Some people even seem to find sexual abuse funny sometimes im not sure why.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, Kdawg2018, Tiburcio and 2 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Everyone has a way of coping with things. Some people ignore it others laugh at it..it's different for everyone.

I don't think this is the right website for you. Try r/SuicideWatch, r/adultsurvivors and r/Depression on reddit.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, BaconCheeseburger and Chloe
N

ningaman151

Experienced
Jul 28, 2018
Don't let the abuser win. Fight for yourself at all costs.

Reactions: Chloe, Dead_Inside, Thalassa and 3 others
I

Iscrewupeverything

May 26, 2018
I hate men.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Kdawg2018 and Volatile
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Why haven't your parents done anything?

Reactions: Kdawg2018 and Dead_Inside
F

Firefly1

Aug 30, 2018
I am 15 sexual abuse from my neighbor.Starting i was 9 years old.Now 6 years of sexual abuse.Police have not helped me,my parents not help me.How do others deal with suicidal thoughts due to sexual abuse ? Some people even seem to find sexual abuse funny sometimes im not sure why.
Commiting suicide is only a way to make sure that the abuser wins and finds someone else to make his prey. Im sure you are hurt but I do think you should keep fighting and maybe try to talk to someone else who can help you other than your parents...maybe some teacher or a friend

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains and 7 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I'm so sorry :( I know how this feels

Reactions: Going Home, Kdawg2018, lv-gras and 1 other person
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018

Hello friend. Nobody here can justify why the system has failed you. I have not experienced sexual abuse, but you are not alone in your pain. People who find sexual abuse funny are not welcome here. If you see a user making light of your traumatic sexual experiences, report them. Tell us about them, and we will report them too.

You are among a forum of users who are all too used to pain.

To try and answer your question...how do others deal with abuse? We plan to deal with it by KTB.

We will always be here to offer you any support we can after any abuse you experience...and we will also be here when you decide that enough is enough.

I don't have a magic sentence that can explain why life is so horrible for you, but I can offer my assistance when you feel it's your time to leave.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains, QueSeraSera and 6 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Why the hell are men always sexually abusing:

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and Kdawg2018
I

Iscrewupeverything

May 26, 2018
Commiting suicide is only a way to make sure that the abuser wins and finds someone else to make his prey.

This is silly. If it ruins her life, death is a far better option as opposed to a life of suffering, hardship, and confusion.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, overkill and Ben
I

Iscrewupeverything

May 26, 2018
Anyone finding sexual abuse to be funny needs to quickly remove themselves from this forum

What? I literally have never found sexual harassment and rape humorous in my life.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains, QueSeraSera and 1 other person
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I'm seriously concerned about your parents sweetie

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, exhausted, Kdawg2018 and 5 others
N

ningaman151

Experienced
Jul 28, 2018
This is silly. If it ruins her life, death is a far better option as opposed to a life of suffering, hardship, and confusion.
Or she could seek justice and defeat the abuser. This would lead to a sense of strength and victory.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Iwant2sleepforever, Chloe and 5 others
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
Chloe, why haven't the police helped you? What have they said?

I've read your other posts and you said that your neighbor is blackmailing you. What is he saying to blackmail you?

I can guess your country from your posts and I'm sure that you can be helped if we had more information about the situation, since you live in a first world country that does not tolerate sexual abuse of minors. If you are not getting help from your local police for some reason, please call other police and tell them the whole story. You most certainly do not have to put up with sexual abuse in the country you are in. If you keep reporting him, someone will listen and he will get arrested and you will be safe from him. If you don't feel comfortable calling the police, look up nonprofit organizations in your country that help victims of sexual abuse and call one and ask them to help you.

Edit: You could also call your local Department of Social Services. If you don't know how to reach them, find a number for your city government and call it and tell them you need to speak to a Social Worker and you need the number of the department that they work at. If you don't feel comfortable talking on the phone (I'm saying that because I know that a lot of young people don't feel comfortable talking on the phone) than send emails instead. Or you could even write a regular letter. The important thing is for you to report your abuser right now to someone who will listen. If you don't get a response (but I can't imagine why you wouldn't) then keep emailing or writing to people until you do. Or alternatively, as someone suggested, tell one of your teachers what is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains, QueSeraSera and 5 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Reactions: Kdawg2018, QueSeraSera, Iwant2sleepforever and 3 others
I

Iscrewupeverything

May 26, 2018
sexual abuse does serious damage to people. I'm just so shocked her parents aren't doing anything.

Embrace Antinatalism.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, overkill and Ben
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
sexual abuse does serious damage to people. I'm just so shocked her parents aren't doing anything.
Yes, I thought child protective services would break this kind of thing up and seize her from her parents. I'm sad to say, I'm not surprised by the cops reaction either.

Reactions: QueSeraSera, Chloe, Ben and 1 other person
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Everyone has a way of coping with things. Some people ignore it others laugh at it..it's different for everyone.

I don't think this is the right website for you. Try r/SuicideWatch, r/adultsurvivors and r/Depression on reddit.

Uhhh false

Reactions: lv-gras
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
Yes, I thought child protective services would break this kind of thing up and seize her from her parents. I'm sad to say, I'm not surprised by the cops reaction either.

Actually, we don't know what the situation is with her parents. She has stated that the neighbor is the abuser. If the abuse has continued because her parents don't believe her for some reason, she won't be removed from her home solely because of parental disbelief. What will happen once the report reaches the right person is that the neighbor will be arrested. As to her parents, we don't have enough information about them to draw any conclusions.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, BaconCheeseburger, akosineenee and 1 other person
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
My heart goes out to you @Chloe. I was a victim of rape and sexual assault when I was young. This is a difficult topic for me to talk about; and even harder to hear that you're going through this right now. There's nothing more emotionally wounding. It isn't a laughing matter. It's difficult to come forward because you feel ashamed and isolated. You feel dehumanized and powerless from your attacker; no matter how much you want to defend yourself and you hate/torture yourself for it. @Thalassa mentioned your neighbor is blackmailing you. I know you fear the consequences--the fear that no one is going to believe you. Do not blame yourself. It is not your fault. None of this is your fault. Please seek help.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted, Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains and 5 others
Regisphilbin_savant

Regisphilbin_savant

Student
Sep 12, 2018
I hope you get help as this type of abuse ruins so many aspects of a persons life.the feelingsvof being helpless the destruction of that young ladies self-esteem will only compound as time goes on.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, RottingFlowerBrains, QueSeraSera and 1 other person
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
Actually, we don't know what the situation is with her parents. She has stated that the neighbor is the abuser. If the abuse has continued because her parents don't believe her for some reason, she won't be removed from her home solely because of parental disbelief. What will happen once the report reaches the right person is that the neighbor will be arrested. As to her parents, we don't have enough information about them to draw any conclusions.
I'm not saying they would seize her on the grounds that they don't believe her. More like, it's worrying that her parents will not help her or act on it. That negligence is putting their child in harms way. It would be good to know if they are familiar with the neighbor and are enabling them to engage.

I just want OP to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kdawg2018, QueSeraSera, lv-gras and 2 others
akosineenee

akosineenee

Invisible idiot
Aug 22, 2018
No one is going to blame you for not reporting this sooner either. It's never too late.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Kdawg2018, lv-gras and 3 others