• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What is your dating experience?

• I'm a guy and have a partner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a girl and have a partner

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Not dating now but I've done it before

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Never dated anyone but I want to

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Never dated anyone and I don't want to

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
drwt

drwt

Dec 1, 2020
Curious about people's experiences here.
Feel free to discuss anything you want.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've never even been on a real date before. I've hung out with some female friends 1-on-1 but I don't consider those dates because I wasn't interested in them romantically and don't think they were either. I'm almost 27 and I have no idea what I'd even have to do on an actual date which in turn makes it very unlikely for anyone to even want to date me...

Reactions: Skathon
Puffinz

Puffinz

Dec 7, 2020
Been on a couple real dates before but they never ended well. I have no self confidence and a lot of social anxiety so the whole time I was just trying to think of how I'm supposed to act instead of just acting like myself. I just ended up manufacturing the most boring, plain persona just so that I wouldn't weird them out.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Never really dated anyone and don't want to or plan to. In my head the idealized version of dating someone sounds nice but I know in reality it would be different and I also kind of suck as a person and I don't have anything positive to offer to someone else so it's for the good of other ppl I I just stay alone lol but it's fine, I like being alone and I don't feel lonely often. I have a lot of hobbies so I do that and I keep myself distracted when I'm alone

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Been on many many dates before, not all of them led to a second date though.
During the age of 18 to 24 it's been some form of obsession of mine to see if the other person might like me back and was potentially willing to go out with me again. Some of them did.
In the beginning I was anxious and unsure about myself but what really helped me was to do it over and over again.
I got my fair share of people ghosting me or not getting back as well but in the end it didn't bother me one bit.
I was in 4 longterm relationships too.
They all were okay but in the end I'm alone and came to terms with it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I did have a relationship for a good 5 years, only after breaking up did I notice it wasn't really healthy. My own mental problems caused me to become easily taken advantaged of, that person made me feel liked I need him and I'd be nothing without his presence.

I don't think i'll ever try again, cause of my mental state. I'd rather just have friends now.

• Hugs
Reactions: clownangel
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
I don't think I've been on many formal "dates" before (maybe one I can think of) but have dated & had plenty of relationships - a lot being long term. I can only think of one or two that weren't abusive, which is awful but somehow it hasn't put me off the idea entirely. I feel like I just don't have the energy for it most of the time, though. I get worried because a lot of my friends are starting to get married & buy houses with their partners and I'm still just winging it.

I'm almost 27 and I have no idea what I'd even have to do on an actual date
Almost 27 too, and I have no clue. I don't think it's as scary as it seems in theory, at least! I had a girl joke that I owed her a date recently and I flat out told her I had no idea how I'd even start planning that sort of thing. I think if you're honest about being clueless & doing your best when you're interested in someone most people are fine with that and can find the doofiness a little endearing aha.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've been to a few dates last year, but it was mainly people I've met on apps. When we met in real life 90% of the time there was no chemistry at all. I miss old fashion type of romance, where you actually meet some through work and an outside experience without being online through an app. I'm too broken anyway to be dating right now. I need to love myself first before I try and meet someone again.

Last edited: