• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
So I know cynides in cherry's ,andI have a way to bread the cherry seed.

My question is; is the cyanide I'm the hard part or the seed itself on the inside?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
archiemex

archiemex

Feb 14, 2023
Its inside the hard outer shell. The cyanide is only released when the pit is crushed or chewed, so if you just swallow it whole nothing will happen.

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
The cyanide is inside the hard outer shell. The cyanide is only released when the pit is crushed or chewed, do if you just swallow it whole nothing will happen.
So I have to crack it open and swallow the shell?

Or did I read it wrong and I'm stupid?

• Hugs
archiemex

archiemex

Feb 14, 2023
That's ALOT easier. still gotta break it with a tool I have (not meant 4 that but works) and chew seed, and not the hard crap.
yeah lol the inside is a lot softer and apparently pretty tasty. just make sure you eat enough to CTB, if you don't you'll just feel really sick. Lastly, its important to be 100% sure you actually want to CTB. I wish you well.

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
yeah lol the inside is a lot softer and apparently pretty tasty. just make sure you eat enough to CTB, if you don't you'll just feel really sick. Lastly, its important to be 100% sure you actually want to CTB. I wish you well.
Thanks. And I cracked one open, took a small bite (like 1/6) and spat out immediatly as it tasted bad.

Anyways 1 more question; for someone of 110~ lb how many seeds with it take

Reactions: meatclown
releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
Here's something from Quora…

Various plant seeds or pits contain amygdalin, which releases cyanide when metabolized. The amounts are small, so that in general, toxicity is not seen except in cases where a combination of factors seriously exacerbates the problem. Basically, you need
...a pit or seed from some fruit of a plant in the family Rosaceae, generally from Prunus genus (yes, this does include cherries, as well as plums, peaches, apricots, and almonds)
...of a variety that has an unusually high amygdalin content, which is to say, a bitter rather than sweet variety, such as for example bitter almonds or bitter apricot pits
...eaten in quantity, generally in the form of just the pits
Under such conditions, you can ingest enough amygdalin to kill you. However, while (some) cherry pits do apparently contain amygdalin at the same concentrations as bitter apricot kernels[1], the amount you would have to eat is considerably more than two pits. The LD50 for bitter almonds (which are also similar to cherry and apricot kernels, with ~5% amygdalin content) in rats is estimated to be a little more than 3 grams per Kg of body weight.
If we extrapolate to humans, we might expect to see significant mortality in adults once we started to get in to the range of hundreds of grams of pits consumed. Two cherry pits weigh about a gram, together. And not only that, but unless you grind them up, any amygdalin will be released slowly enough to seriously mitigate the toxicity. I think you would need to grind up several hundred cherry pits and then eat the paste before it would have a significant chance of killing you.
References:

• Informative
Reactions: SamTam33 and JJJ
archiemex

archiemex

Feb 14, 2023
Thanks. And I cracked one open, took a small bite (like 1/6) and spat out immediatly as it tasted bad.

Anyways 1 more question; for someone of 110~ lb how many seeds with it take
lol sorry it tasted bad but google says 20-30 is a good amount to ctb but you can always eat more than that if youre unsure.

releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
lol sorry it tasted bad but google says 20-30 is a good amount to ctb but you can always eat more than that if youre unsure.
According to what I just posted, which seems well researched and comprehensive, you would quite likely need several hundreds of pits that are ground into a paste.

Last edited:
Reactions: archiemex
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
Alright. And maybe it will taste better when I try to ctb.

Thanks for the help.