silligant

silligant

Oct 5, 2023
Besides the usual advice of "don't cut, it's unreliable and painful", what advice is there for death via cutting? Ex; where to do so and what sort of cuts to make, how long it'd take, any drugs to take? I'd appreciate it a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: dizzdesi
zel

zel

Curiosity killed the cat, eh?
Oct 17, 2023
Lots and lots of blood thinners - anything that impairs the body's ability to form clots, really. (This is why warm water is stereotypical for this method, as it makes forming clots more difficult.)

Other than that, just don't take anything which would severely drop your blood pressure to such a degree that it would make bleeding out very long. (Note that the ultimate goal IS hemorrhagic shock however, which would necessitate hypoperfusion secondary to hypovolemia).

Make sure to hit a major artery. I would not recommend the brachial artery. Maybe femoral if you can get to it, or the carotid. Make sure you can find the pulse via palpation first to ensure you're in the right spot. Maybe some painkillers would help in stifling the pain such that you can get deep enough.
Honestly though, this is all quite macabre. Do what you will, but I wouldn't want to go out like this...

p.s. depending on your efficacy, death can result in a matter of a couple minutes. and with respect to drugs: aspirin, warfarin, heparin, etc. are all common thrombolytics. I don't know how effective they'd be in something like this, though. Oh, and alcohol too!

• Love
Reactions: silligant, EvisceratedJester and dizzdesi
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
If you cut vertically rather than horizontally along your forearm, you're more likely to hit a blood vessel.

• Love
Reactions: silligant
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
To be successful, you would have to sever an artery. They are generally pretty well protected by bone, cartridge and connective tissue. It's exceptionally painful too so brace yourself.
A vein doesn't flow fast enough.
I once saw a guy die from cutting his own throat. It's a lot harder than it sounds. He drowned in his own blood.

• Love
Reactions: silligant