A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I often deal with customers almost face to face. Thankfully, only almost.
Still, among my duties is being the backend guy for customer support. The shit you see there...
Customer orders a shoe. Specifically, a size 9 shoe. I go and dig out a size 9 shoe, deliver it to customer support frontend, and that's where the story should end.
The problem comes on the next day when the customer calls and complains they got a size 10 shoe. In this particar case it's literally impossible - you can get size 10 from the manufacturer. While, yes, we "stock" size 10, it has already been distributed between other customers. Still, the customer bitches and moans.
This particular customer, a male, ordered female shoes. Transparent uggs. Until yesterday I didn't even know they exist. The smell is horrendous.
On its own, the chance of accidentally unearthing a wrong size for the request is not unreasonable - 1/5.
The sizes are 5 to 9. The 10 size, however, makes it smaller since it's a custom job. Having already separated the size 10 and putting it in a corner for size 10 customers makes it microscopic - I would need to go to the other side of the warehouse to pick that up. I check the "old" papers: size 9 order. I check the file: size 9 left the warehouse. I check the invoice: still size 9. I check the physical stock vs the computerized stock: everything matches, ergo, size 9 was sent to the customer.

The customer is always right in this industry, however, even when it's glaringly not the case. Management won't budge: the absurdly, infinitely small chance has been fulfilled. Schrodinger's shoes apparently exist, and he's a size 10 (yesterday) in women's uggs.
I, the pitiful slave, am wrong. The customer is always right. Oftentimes the only thing I want to do more than ctb is to kill the customer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Deleted member 1465 and Viro_Major
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Working in retail would be fine if it wasn't for the bloody customers.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, freefrommybody, Matthias_k and 1 other person