Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
What has happened since?

Nothing, had a 3 min call with some mental health women, who has told me to call docs on Monday and ask to be self referred to the mental health team to allow me to then access help, other then that nothing. Just like it never happened

It hit the local paper, but thankfully as we know a guy from the paper, the article didn't give much info

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Wisdom3_1-9, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Nothing, had a 3 min call with some mental health women, who has told me to call docs on Monday and ask to be self referred to the mental health team to allow me to then access help, other then that nothing. Just like it never happened

It hit the local paper, but thankfully as we know a guy from the paper, the article didn't give much info
I would ask for a link to the article, but I respect that you understandably want to keep your location private and the article may give it away.

Mental health services are useless unfortunately.

Reactions: checkouttime and Huntfish34
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I would ask for a link to the article, but I respect that you understandably want to keep your location private and the article may give it away.

Mental health services are useless unfortunately.

PM me :)

Reactions: Huntfish34
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Your police sound kinder then what I would expect I would experience. I'm afraid I would not have been allowed to go home. I am happy to hear you are home again and hope you are feeling better about things

the UK have an amazing police force but a messed up mental health system.

Reactions: Brink, Caspers and Huntfish34
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
speaking from experience, the UK mental health system runs the gamut from terrible to non-existent, and most UK police subscribe to the "pro-life" school of thought, often enforced with whatever means they feel like. Most doctors (or at least, the ones in my area) fall into the pro-life group too, and despite trying multiple times to explain, just don't get it. I spent the best part of two weeks explaining to my doctor that, while I might not use it, I wanted to keep my chosen escape method (SN) handy because it makes me feel better to have it. He just didn't understand. My advice, the support here on this forum is far better than the NHS in the UK when it comes to mental health and suicide. And on the plus side, members here won't judge you if you do decide to move on.

Reactions: elfgyoza, Blueman and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Yikes.... You've been through a lot lately to say the Fckn Least!. Glad you are back home and doing better . ( For the time being ). Be safe ,. ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I understand your feeling of safeness near bridges. Having the control to live or die, it's comforting. Can I ask, how did they find you?

Reactions: Huntfish34
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Hello. Glad you're home, wasn't your time.

A couple thoughts, if I may. You said the water was 100 feet below the bridge. While anything is possible, 100 feet into water is not likely to kill you unless you have particularly brittle bones. The Golden Gate Bridge is 220 feet to the water, and most are successful. However, it's not just the plunge. The water and currents at the Gate are vicious depending on the time of day; even if a jumper survives, he will likely be injured and unable to swim and cope with the currents before the Coast Guard arrives, leading to drowning. Sharks are common in the area so he could get gobbled up. You mentioned swans below you so I assume the water below you was placid, say a lake, not swirling ocean waters.

Bull sharks aswell i bet, love a bit of human they do,fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that!!!!

Reactions: Huntfish34 and KleinerWolf
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Heck yeah they do ,. The bulls are no joke at all. ! Just a bit less common than the great white / tiger, we all usually see on the news.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and checkouttime
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
Heck yeah they do ,. The bulls are no joke at all. ! Just a bit less common than the great white / tiger, we all usually see on the news.

Yep, it's great whites here in SF. There are at least a few sightings every year among surfers.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: checkouttime and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Ah yeah,. I've forgotten about that. I remember hearing about fatalities ( some survivors ) on the news awhile back.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I understand your feeling of safeness near bridges. Having the control to live or die, it's comforting. Can I ask, how did they find you?

I'm not sure, I was sat for ages with cars flying past, I was wearing clothing similar color to the bridge so wouldn't have easily been seen, but I have since discovered there's a path down to one side of the bridge, so not sure if someone spotted me and called it in, I don't know, I did ask the police how they found me but they refused to answer,

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Huntfish34
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

They have now found that baby bull shark are found in rivers in alot of places, they grow up there before they eventually go to the sea! I watch alot of documentaries on wildlife and fish!!!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, fox21132113 and Huntfish34
Passerby

Passerby

Been a guest viewer on here for years
Jul 7, 2020

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT IN THE UK!!!!!

Reactions: BipolarGuy
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
I'm still here, swans in the water below like white feathers in the darkness so beautiful

Police pissing me off seriously so

Well 2 officers I think
They are still talking they won't shut the fuxk up I've told her to shut up
Now I need a pee damn it
you need a pee? Harsh. Tell them to shut up to let you think.if you need to talk im here

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Ahh no way,. That's pretty awesome. Heck yeah,. As do I ! Love to watch Discovery and Animal Planet whenever I possibly can!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and checkouttime
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
the UK have an amazing police force but a messed up mental health system.

A couple of years ago I knew a lady who suffered from PTSD and various other mental health issues brought on by trauma. The mental health services in the UK had essentially 'given up' on her and she had been issued with a court order preventing her from 'loitering on a bridge' or 'being next to a river or canal'. If she stopped on a bridge to tie her shoelaces she could be arrested; likewise, when I first chatted with her, she had just been arrested for sitting next to a river. Amazing how the police (at the behest of the local mental health team) had found a way to criminalise a suicide attempt. I honestly despair at the decline of the mental health services here.

I'm glad to hear that you made it home safely User'; I recognise that whatever issues took you to the bridge last night haven't magically disappeared, but you had some doubts and I personally believe that a decision as final as this shouldn't ever be made on impulse. I'll also toss my hat into the ring and say that if ever it might help to just chat about anything or everything, you can drop me a message or tag me somewhere and I'll be listening.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
you need a pee? Harsh. Tell them to shut up to let you think.if you need to talk im here

this was actually posted sat night, but yea I ended up peeing in the dark with police around me :pfff: :pfff: I loudly declared all dignity had left me and did anyone have a tissue!!! and yes some kind gentlemen gave me a tissue!!

A couple of years ago I knew a lady who suffered from PTSD and various other mental health issues brought on by trauma. The mental health services in the UK had essentially 'given up' on her and she had been issued with a court order preventing her from 'loitering on a bridge' or 'being next to a river or canal'. If she stopped on a bridge to tie her shoelaces she could be arrested; likewise, when I first chatted with her, she had just been arrested for sitting next to a river. Amazing how the police (at the behest of the local mental health team) had found a way to criminalise a suicide attempt. I honestly despair at the decline of the mental health services here.

I'm glad to hear that you made it home safely User'; I recognise that whatever issues took you to the bridge last night haven't magically disappeared, but you had some doubts and I personally believe that a decision as final as this shouldn't ever be made on impulse. I'll also toss my hat into the ring and say that if ever it might help to just chat about anything or everything, you can drop me a message or tag me somewhere and I'll be listening.

holy shit, I must admit my biggest fear was being arrested! Luckily the main 2 bridges near me are both mainly main roads, so I have no chance of just happening to be near one!

and thank you for the offer, thing's aint great and I feel this is the start of a decline in my mental health, I can't explain it and wish I could,

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
holy shit, I must admit my biggest fear was being arrested! Luckily the main 2 bridges near me are both mainly main roads, so I have no chance of just happening to be near one!

and thank you for the offer, thing's aint great and I feel this is the start of a decline in my mental health, I can't explain it and wish I could,

This was a couple of years ago, I referred her to a friend I had at the time who was a human rights aficionado and could tell you far more about those laws than I could, long story short those orders were declared unlawful and although I may be wrong, I don't think they're used anymore. You wouldn't be arrested for just going on a bridge or near a river - it was only because of the court order in that specific case, hopefully I haven't made you panic over that!

I'm sorry that things aren't great though, you sound like you're at the top of the mountain right now, gripping onto a ledge and beginning to lose the feeling in your last remaining fingers. I wish that I had some prophetic advice or magic technique I could recommend to you that would make a difference, but it turns out that I'm hanging on by my fingertips as well. Still, the offer always stands, even if you just need an outlet for a stream of random thoughts, like if you stand on a lego brick barefoot and you just need someone to scream "if I ever see another &*%@! lego brick I'm going to flip!" - well, you get the idea...

I'll keep an eye out for you on here anyway and of course, my fingers are firmly crossed that your life gets a bit less shit soon (also that I win the lottery).

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I'm not sure, I was sat for ages with cars flying past, I was wearing clothing similar color to the bridge so wouldn't have easily been seen, but I have since discovered there's a path down to one side of the bridge, so not sure if someone spotted me and called it in, I don't know, I did ask the police how they found me but they refused to answer,
I bet it was someone passing by. I'm glad you are at home instead of the hospital :) hugs

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
You have me thinking... I'd actually like to sit in a place just like that. I think it would be great to gain some clarity, and maybe even stare death in the face for a while. I feel like it would do a lot for helping me overcome my SI.

Reactions: fox21132113 and Blueman