toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
im in another forum site centered around recovery, i joined well before i settled on the decision to CTB and its got a ton of useful info about aftercare of cuts/burns/etc that i think you guys could find useful, since relapsing can be so discouraging i was wondering if anyone would be interested in me sharing their advice.

i dont want to link/associate the forum/site to this because they are so heavily recovery based, and i feel like itd seriously cross a lot of boundaries for the users to be associated with a largely pro-choice forum (theyre very VERY recovery focused, heavily moderated to prevent any sort of discouragement even if accidental), so im not comfortable with exposing them to us/us to them, if that makes any sense!!! so i figured i could just cross post some of the most helpful info to anyone here that may need/want it. along with that we get a lot of negative press, i dont want that to spread out to their forum (even if theyre way more pro-life than we are, a lot of prolife journalists just paint us all with the same brush)

sorry if this breaks any rules, i just figured some people might appreciate the info but im hesitant to just infodump a fuck ton of aftercare tips in here incase its invasive or something, since im not personally in recovery? let me know :)

Reactions: LavenderButterfly, Laivirt and PublicDiary0606
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
If there are also tips for very old cuts...

• Love
Reactions: toro and PublicDiary0606
PublicDiary0606

PublicDiary0606

"Noone can hear you scream when you're drowning"
Feb 13, 2023
I'm not so sure about it being invasive but it'll certainly help people here who is trying to stop their SH problem/addiction/habit. People like me I suppose. I have scars all over my body. Cuts and burns. On my arms, thigh, chest. Sometimes when I look at them theres a small sense of pride, but it's preventing me from going outside because its very visible. If theres any tips on making it less visible, please do share. Even if it is about treating fresh wounds after the cut.

• Love
Reactions: Laivirt, Regen and toro
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
OK!! people seem interested and some have reached out to ask for a link themselves, im happy to share the site in PM under the conditions that we dont associate them with us/tell them where youre coming from, i dont wanna be That Guy gatekeeping a recovery group so yes i will share the link if you ask in PM :p

im still gonna cross post useful info for the sake of those who dont wanna join a whole seperate forum, or who dont feel comfortable seeking the original post out on the site themselves, ill try and get it all done soon but it may wait til the weekend once im finished with work! they do also talk about creams/methods to heal scars up enough to where they arent too noticeable, so ill share that info too :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Laivirt, boxtobs, Secluded2803 and 3 others
boxtobs

boxtobs

unfortunate geometry (Toby)
Jan 23, 2023
Ah, I'm late but I'd be very interested to read/be PMed, especially if there's info for burns and cuts when the damage is in joints/areas where reopening and agitation (and scarring) are inevitable.
(Also unrelated but greatly appreciate the caution and care with boundary checking.)

• Love
Reactions: Laivirt and toro
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
OK!! people seem interested and some have reached out to ask for a link themselves, im happy to share the site in PM under the conditions that we dont associate them with us/tell them where youre coming from, i dont wanna be That Guy gatekeeping a recovery group so yes i will share the link if you ask in PM :p

im still gonna cross post useful info for the sake of those who dont wanna join a whole seperate forum, or who dont feel comfortable seeking the original post out on the site themselves, ill try and get it all done soon but it may wait til the weekend once im finished with work! they do also talk about creams/methods to heal scars up enough to where they arent too noticeable, so ill share that info too :)
reddit sub? made

Reactions: Laivirt