Aliali1992

Aliali1992

We only live once..i hope
Jan 3, 2020
I live in a shared appartment...if i had N i would think to do it here just lock the door and the guys will think i am out somewhere for 2-3days...but with SN it is crucial not to be found and you may be making sounds.

Reactions: mrbrooks and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Why do people CTB in hotels? It seems like the most common place, especially for the SN method.

I considered renting a hotel in Paris, spending the weekend there and if I couldn't find one enjoyable thing about a weekend in Paris I'd go back to the hotel and do it.

Is it because hotels seem more de-tatched? Maybe because we're guaranteed to be found?

Presumably because there are family or flatmates at home who would make it difficult to either begin the attempt unnoticed, or discover and save them prematurely. Or discover them dead and be traumatised by the experience.

Additionally, a hotel means they will generally be found the next day rather than laying undiscovered for a long period if they live alone.

Also, using a hotel means there are less bad memories or associations than there would be with friends or family being reminded of the attempt at home.

One negative of a hotel is that there is a risk of hotel staff discovering the body, which I and many other users consider an unfair trauma to place upon them. This can often be avoided by placing a sign on an inner room door advising that a suicide has occurred, not to enter and to instead call police. For relatively fast methods, it could also be achieved with a delayed e-mail or text message to police.

I think a hotel is good place to do it. At home I would be dead for ages before being found and it would be my close family to discover my body. That said I would prefer to do it at home as I can have the company of my dog in my last moments.

iu
Just make sure if you are taking any kind of poison, especially SN, that any pets such as your dog are securely locked out of the room. Pets, dogs especially, are known for eating vomit, and if you vomit up your poison there may well be enough contained within to injure or kill your pet.

Last edited:
Reactions: stationarymillennial, Red, mrbrooks and 1 other person