• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

Noir3231

Feb 23, 2024
This might seem super insensitive, but I don't understand how people can attempt to CTB via things like slitting your wrists, taking 15-20 pills of Tylenol, or suffocating yourself manually. I have met a few people like that in a psychiatric ward, and I feel like they must have been doing it for attention. There is no way a person with any intelligence can actually try those methods, thinking it's a viable way to CTB, unless they are just doing it for attention. Thoughts?

D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
This might seem super insensitive, but I don't understand how people can attempt to CTB via things like slitting your wrists, taking 15-20 pills of Tylenol, or suffocating yourself manually. I have met a few people like that in a psychiatric ward, and I feel like they must have been doing it for attention. There is no way a person with any intelligence can actually try those methods, thinking it's a viable way to CTB, unless they are just doing it for attention. Thoughts?
I'm not sure it's attention seeking, I think more desperation; there aren't many good methods.

Reactions: Noir3231
N

Noir3231

Feb 23, 2024
I'm not sure it's attention seeking, I think more desperation; there aren't many good methods.
Maybe, but it still doesn't make sense. All of those methods have insanely low success rates and incredibly high rates of long-term permanent damage. Why would you not think it out if you are doing something so incredibly final? I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but my first attempt was pretty planned out, and I don't understand how someone could try something like that without any previous planning.

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
depending on location, the easy methods are not easily available and some people just arent educated on the topic

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
One could use those methods for attention or extreme SH if they already know it won't kill them. But some people genuinely have no idea what really kills. Most get their "inspiration" from movies. The things that I used to think were sound suicide methods make me smile now.

Reactions: greg ! :3
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Sometimes it is as you write.
People still want someone to notice the problem and help them.
They are unable to verbally seek help, so they use such methods.
They don't necessarily do it consciously, they may do it subconsciously.
However, this is a simplification.

Sometimes it's just desperation.
They feel they have to do it at this moment and use the method they have at hand.
Not everyone is able to prepare things for a different method.
Some people feel extremely negative emotions and are unable to cope with them.
I don't think they should be blamed entirely.

There are also cases of self-harm and masochism

Mental illnesses make us like to make illogical and unreasonable decisions.

I understand the behavior of such people because I am one of them.
I was lucky to find a place like this and I can prepare better.
Of course, it could also end badly in my case.

N

Noir3231

Feb 23, 2024
One could use those methods for attention or extreme SH if they already know it won't kill them. But some people genuinely have no idea what really kills. Most get their "inspiration" from movies. The things that I used to think were sound suicide methods make me smile now.
This makes sense,
Sometimes it is as you write.
People still want someone to notice the problem and help them.
They are unable to verbally seek help, so they use such methods.
They don't necessarily do it consciously, they may do it subconsciously.
However, this is a simplification.

Sometimes it's just desperation.
They feel they have to do it at this moment and use the method they have at hand.
Not everyone is able to prepare things for a different method.
Some people feel extremely negative emotions and are unable to cope with them.
I don't think they should be blamed entirely.

There are also cases of self-harm and masochism

Mental illnesses make us like to make illogical and unreasonable decisions.

I understand the behavior of such people because I am one of them.
I was lucky to find a place like this and I can prepare better.
Of course, it could also end badly in my case.
Yeah, this also makes a lot of sense; if something happens super at the moment, then being able to think critically would be difficult. I had the grace of being able to premeditate, so I had no long-term damage when I did attempt.

Reactions: rozeske
A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
i also don't understand the pills part. idk why anyone would think a handful of tylenol would get the job done? it's reasonable to at least consider it is for attention in some cases.

A former bf's mom did kill herself with a mix of rx drugs and alcohol so it does happen with some pills though.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Because people are desperate and after all there isn't the option of an accessible, guaranteed peaceful way to exit. It's disgusting and hellish how many are trapped in this existence with no way out, the problem is this anti-suicide society where people are denied the option to reliably die in peace. I believe many attempt methods like slitting wrists as they lack the knowledge that it's unreliable and they just want a way out of this existence.