N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
I've made multiple threads in the past about my SN schedule but I had a few final questions that people can maybe help me with.

For context, I'll be doing it almost exactly how plato did. AE/paracetamol, no benzo and SN/50ml water mixture.

I started the AE already (about to take the 3rd 10mg domperidone) and will sleep soon before waking up to the final day. Plan to eat final meal and then fast until it's time. I just did a test run with water just to get a feel and 50ml seems very doable. Kind of crazy that such a small amount will kill you.

I had 2 main questions:
  • I just checked my 500g SN (still pharma sealed in plastic container) but you can tell it's kind of clumpy. Not moist or anything but by moving it around you can visibly see big chunks but also a lot of loose SN at the bottom. Should I just use the more loose bits to dissolve into water? I purchased it a few months back as I didn't intend on waiting this long but it's fine. Product life on the sealed stuff is well beyond tomorrow so I'm not worried. That's what multiple mixtures will be for.

• I remember reading somewhere that it is better to lie on right side as SN absorption into the body will be increased this way, but I cannot find which mega thread this was in or the actual facts. While just doing a test run I kind of naturally lay on my back but I feel like that will more likely induce a vomiting/nausea feeling compared to lying on your side. I would like to be comfortable but I've come to terms that it likely won't be very pleasant so I'm going for efficiency over comfort. Any thoughts of body positioning after taking the SN mixture?

Thanks

EgoBrained

EgoBrained

print('Hello, world!')
Sep 25, 2024
About the clumped SN concerns, they have been addressed in this post:
Some people are worried that clumping lowers it's efficacy, this is not the case. Here is a picture of pure sodium nitrite [3] and as you can see there is clumping. Small compounds will slowly stick together over time, it is natural and usually has nothing to do with it's efficacy.

Sodium nitrite crystals

• Love
Reactions: EmptyCurtainCall
N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
About the clumped SN concerns, they have been addressed in this post:
Thanks so much! I guess I'll still probably just use the loose sediment since it's easier but this is great to know. Do you have any thoughts on the body positioning thing I mentioned?

N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
I found this https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC3554820

"CONCLUSION: Gastric emptying of water occurs more quickly when a subject lies on the right side compared with sitting."
View attachment 152915
You're a legend! How could I not find this haha…. Very interesting stuff! Especially in the sub 15min time frame.

By the 10min mark it has emptied around 50% (50% retention) on the right side compared to only 25-30% (70-75% retention) while sitting. That is actually much more than I would have thought.

Safe to say I'll be taking my SN tomorrow and lying on my right side to try and speed it up.

Reactions: LostSoul1965
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Do you have any thoughts on the body positioning thing I mentioned?
It is interesting as folks have suggested laying on the right side. I however, personally, disagree and think the left side would actually be more effective but this is just conjecture meaning I have no proof of left vs right side for SN Protocol would actually make any difference.

My argument: Lying on the left side could actually facilitate gastric emptying because it allows the stomach to drain more easily into the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). The pylorus (the exit of the stomach) is positioned in a way that can aid the flow of stomach contents when in this position. In contrast, while lying on the right side does not prevent gastric emptying, but it may not be as efficient as lying on the left side. The anatomical layout can lead to slower movement of food into the small intestine when on the right side.

I found this https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC3554820

"CONCLUSION: Gastric emptying of water occurs more quickly when a subject lies on the right side compared with sitting."
View attachment 152915

As for the study cited above my comment a moment ago, from @EgoBrained (and also discussed on another post): that study found that gastric emptying of water was significantly faster in the right recumbent position than when seated. This supports the notion that body position can influence the rate at which fluids leave the stomach. However, note the study itself says, "evidence supporting this hypothesis is weak." While that discussion mentions that the right position is more effective than sitting, it does not directly compare it to laying on the left, which I argue would aid gastric emptying due to the anatomical layout.

Do I think laying on the left or right side is going to make all that much of a difference though? No, not really. It's all just a bunch of educated guess (emphasis on guesses as there are certainly studies that could support either argument for which position). I simply would find it very hard to believe anyone is going to fail based on if they chose left or right side or just laying down on their back or slightly propped up with a wedge pillow. Laying down is suggested moreso because the person is going to pass out or fall otherwsie so it is 'safest' to just be laying down already than causing extra noise or painful injury before losing consciousness. That's my 2 cents (for whatever it is or isn't worth).

With whatever you decide, I wish you nothing but the best of luck and hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sweetcreep