D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Hello.

I wanted to rent a room in a hotel and drink SN but here where I live (Israel) I heard that "Do Not Disturb" door signs are not respected in every hotel.

Maybe if I took SN at 22:00 it would work since it would give me 9-10 hours without being disturbed until cleaning staff enters my room next time?

I thought about renting AirBnB but I don't know... What if owner decides to check on me? Maybe taking SN at 22:00 is a way to go because it's unlikely owner will come at that time?

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Hi, Put the "do not disturb sign", tell the babe at the reception that's it;s crucial. You could also block the door with some furniture from inside.

Reactions: FriendofDeath
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
The perk of renting a house is that it ensures that no neighbor will hear/report the noise you'll make after ingesting SN. And it's extremely unlikely that the owner will come at night to check on you.

Reactions: Mr.Nobody, Meditation guide, ebt88 and 3 others
F

FadingAway

Jun 22, 2020
Don't do it in an AirBnB. They're not equipped for such a situation whereas most large hotel chains are

Reactions: FriendofDeath, LivedTooLong, Mm80 and 1 other person
LostandTired

LostandTired

Jul 24, 2020
Also some AirBnB put up stealth security cameras from what I've heard.

Reactions: FriendofDeath and Meditation guide
A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Hello.

I wanted to rent a room in a hotel and drink SN but here where I live (Israel) I heard that "Do Not Disturb" door signs are not respected in every hotel.

Maybe if I took SN at 22:00 it would work since it would give me 9-10 hours without being disturbed until cleaning staff enters my room next time?

I thought about renting AirBnB but I don't know... What if owner decides to check on me? Maybe taking SN at 22:00 is a way to go because it's unlikely owner will come at that time?
Book the hotel room for 2 nights and put the do not disturb up and you shouldn't be bothered at all

Reactions: Anthagonos, Belit667 and Mitokondrium
M

Mitokondrium

Jun 9, 2020
As said before, book it for multiple days and put out the sign. We do it when we work from hotels with expensive equipment and no one ever came in.

Reactions: Belit667
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
As said before, book it for multiple days and put out the sign. We do it when we work from hotels with expensive equipment and no one ever came in.

In my country it's different when it comes to "Do Not Disturb" signs.
Not every hotel respects it.

M

Mitokondrium

Jun 9, 2020
In my country it's different when it comes to "Do Not Disturb" signs.
Not every hotel respects it.
Oh well thats bad. Well, reading the forum for a while now you will find a drawback to anything all the time. How about a place which can be rented out specifically for sex?

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I would call them and say before I book my stay I heard some hotels do not respect the do not disturb sign because if I am woken up I won't be able to get back to sleep so I will need all my telephone calls blocked as well, is that possible. I would follow Stan's guide and CTB at midnight as you will have plenty of time.

Might be a good idea to read through trip adviser first to see if anyone encountered them problems in that hotel.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: FriendofDeath, diyCTB, Fragile and 1 other person
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
If you're concerned about privacy do it in an AirBnB. Book for two days, sort by "whole house/apartment" instead of renting out a portion of the place. You get the whole place to yourself this way.

If you're concerned about the camera issue with AirBnB's, consider doing it in a bathroom or closet and be sure to leave a note on the door. The owners are not equipped to deal with post-mortem people so they'll probably call the cops or something.

Be considerate if you take this method. Hotels can afford to take the fall of a suicide (happens all the time) but AirBnB's are just ordinary people renting out their space for extra money. Leave a substantial tip behind and an apology. This is somebody's home, not some big shitty corporation's building.

Reactions: diyCTB
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Also some AirBnB put up stealth security cameras from what I've heard.
Where did you read that? I was planning on that. hmm, that puts a monkey wrench into things.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Regardless of whether or not they respect the no disturb sign, I think it's still extremely unlikely that they'll bother you in sleeping hours.

Especially on expensive hotel rooms, which I recommend you look into, since hotel chains are usually prepared to deal with this kind of situation both because they can give whoever finds your body the help that they need and they usually have a protocol when someone dies in one of their rooms.

Reactions: FriendofDeath
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Where did you read that? I was planning on that. hmm, that puts a monkey wrench into things.

Only the pervy ones, lol mind you if it becomes popular CTB in AirBnB's I can see it being reported to the media faster like they did when people were renting the property then holding parties and wrecking them, so I think they will come up with some kind of contingency plan like a recent doctors note confirming you are safe to stay there.

Cheers

Geo

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've seen a few posts on reddit about people finding cameras in their air bnbs and posts about how to find these cameras.
What happens if you decide to ctb in the bathroom and the pervy owner wants to spy on you taking a shower but instead he sees that you're going to ctb? Try and rescue you and admit there's a hidden camera or just let you die. Is it karma that they end up traumatised because they wanted to be a creep lol

Reactions: Lorntroubles and FriendofDeath
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Hotel room is a better option IMO. U will not be disturbed till breakfast time at least so u will have ample time on ur hand. AirBnB is someone's home hence it may be traumatic for them ... So for their sake its better to avoid AirBnB.

Reactions: Anthagonos, diyCTB and Deleted member 18655
BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
My fisher boy, Ru ok? Im worried, u know that u can talk to me right?

Reactions: diyCTB
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Regardless of whether or not they respect the no disturb sign, I think it's still extremely unlikely that they'll bother you in sleeping hours.

Especially on expensive hotel rooms, which I recommend you look into, since hotel chains are usually prepared to deal with this kind of situation both because they can give whoever finds your body the help that they need and they usually have a protocol when someone dies in one of their rooms.

Is it better to stay in 3-star private hotel or in a 5-star hotel that belongs to a hotel chain? After I checked, the private hotel is like 3 times cheaper but are these types of hotels prepared to deal with suicide situations like expensive hotels?

Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
I would like to choose the hotel room. As some said here, rent 2 days the room and use the "not disturb".