• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I would not do this however didn't think a volcano would be a huge spot for ctb. Found out about mount mihara in Japan on one of the list sites. Apparently like several people a week would jump starting back in the 1920s.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Everything about that sounds unpleasant. First I have to travel, then I have to climb a big ass mountain, then I have to stand over this really hot edge, then I have to jump off the edge and hope I hit the lava instead of just bounce off the hot rocks. Also the air coming out of a volcano is pretty noxious and hard to breathe.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Everything about that sounds unpleasant. First I have to travel, then I have to climb a big ass mountain, then I have to stand over this really hot edge, then I have to jump off the edge and hope I hit the lava instead of just bounce off the hot rocks. Also the air coming out of a volcano is pretty noxious and hard to breathe.
Shows how shit living is for people who jumped.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
would it hurt?

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Lol very creative idea, but a bit too extreme. Unless its my deep fantasy or something, at that point it'll probably just motivate me to instead look at whats wrong with my life, and how I'd end up THAT different than the average person in society LOL. As stressful or as sad CTB is, I can imagine myself as I make that long trip to the volcano, half way through the journey I may end up laughing due to the idea being pretty out of the box lol. I'd be like, if I can do this, I can literally do anything, and maybe I'll go chase my dreams and instead just give life another shot haha

Last edited:
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
it depends how you land in it I suppose... I doubt many have the guts for this method :(
seems more bsed than drinking some salt and going nigh nigh forever
I am even leaning towards possibly slashing arms despite having SN as it feelsl ike it is a way to say fuck you life as an artistic statement.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
would it hurt?
Briefly
Lol very creative idea, but a bit too extreme. Unless its my deep fantasy or something, at that point it'll probably just motivate me to instead look at whats wrong with my life, and how I'd end up THAT different than the average person in society LOL. As stressful or as sad CTB is, I can imagine myself as I make that long trip to the volcano, half way through the journey I may end up laughing due to the idea being pretty out of the box lol. I'd be like, if I can do this, I can literally do anything, and maybe I'll go chase my dreams and instead just give life another shot haha
It could be life changing.

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
As stressful or as sad CTB is, I can imagine myself as I make that long trip to the volcano, half way through the journey I may end up laughing due to the idea being pretty out of the box lol. I'd be like, if I can do this, I can literally do anything, and maybe I'll go chase my dreams and instead just give life another shot haha
Fabulous point. I can absolutely see this happening. Like, if I'm determined enough to achieve THIS goal, how can I fail at anything else?! Alternate universe #1.

Reactions: Ghost2211
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Lava rock is different. I've read stories of survivors say that it's like a solid rock crushing and burning you simultaneously.

The most likely scenario is you'd succumb to the highly toxic gas before getting anywhere near anything hot enough to provide an "instant" or "painless" death. Needless to say this is not a viable method.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Yah, lava is molten rock.
It'd be like belly flopping onto concrete.
You'd break half your bones, then catch on fire and burn and suffocate to death, if the fall didn't kill you. You don't sink in lava, like in the movies. You stay on top and burn like a pig at a barbeque.

Leaving-Soon

Leaving-Soon

Nov 9, 2020
I set myself on fire once (accidentally, when I was 12 - a home lab experiment went wrong) and can confirm it hurts like a shit. The positive side of it is that my pain tolerance has increased quite a bit after that :-)

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
One tradition has it the philosopher Empedocles (c. 494 – c. 434 BC), jumped into the volcano on Mount Etna.

Matthew Arnold wrote a very silly poem about his suicide.

Found out about mount mihara in Japan on one of the list sites. Apparently like several people a week would jump starting back in the 1920s.

IIRC there was a rock overhang where you could actually jump straight into the lava from, from a considerable height, but that this broke in later eruptions. May not be very accessible these days.

Reactions: Sakura94
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I did consider this when I was younger because of the notion that the heat would eviscerate any sense of mind/consciousnes as you plunged though I doubt you could get the angle correct.. Idk, it would take a bit of planning.

Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
This sounds like way too much work. I'm way too lazy and poor to do alladat. Like I'm sure I'd just take a swig of SN before I even hit the middle of the mountain just cuz I'd be tired.

I live for the dramatics of it tho.

There was an old Liveleaks video of a guy jumping into a steel smelter. Dude evaporated in a huge explosion of steam. I'd imagine it was pretty quick...

I strangely want to see this...... Hmmm.... *Google*

SheJumped

SheJumped

Student
May 14, 2019
Interesting method, just doesn't seem painless.

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
This would definitely take some serious commitment. I can't think of anything worse for me personally I'm such a wuss.

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Yah, lava is molten rock.
It'd be like belly flopping onto concrete.
You'd break half your bones, then catch on fire and burn and suffocate to death, if the fall didn't kill you. You don't sink in lava, like in the movies. You stay on top and burn like a pig at a barbeque.

Yeah, apparently lava is extremely viscous. On the bright side, think of how much money you'd save on funeral costs by pre-cremating yourself.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
CTB by volcano reminds me of the ending in "Terminator 2", where T-800 commits suicide by lowering himself into molten steel. (Well, the word "suicide" is debatable, since he wasn't even human, although he took on a father-like mentor role to John Connor.) If it weren't for the physical pain I'd feel until the molten steel reached my head, it's not a bad way to CTB. It happened slowly in the movie, but depending on the viscosity of molten steel in real life, it could be as fast as jumping into a swimming pool. Not to mention, it's a way to honor a movie classic. (Well, "T3" and onwards turned to crap, but the first two were great.) Skynet is also a good parallel for the shitty world we live in.

Last edited:
Reactions: yive and Ghost2211
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
from what ive read, volcanic suicide was very popular for the japanese because it cremates, and it's very instaneous. The downside is if you land on a slanted piece of rock and the miss the lava below. Because of this, it lost favor.

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
from what ive read, volcanic suicide was very popular for the japanese because it cremates, and it's very instaneous. The downside is if you land on a slanted piece of rock and the miss the lava below. Because of this, it lost favor.
Million-dollar idea: Volcano proof diving platforms. "Don't hit the rocks, use a lava diving box!" Gotta corner the market before SN is impossible to get.

Reactions: Panna
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Ouch that sounds like a really uncomfortable and painful feeling. Not to mention if you have people who care about you, there's no body.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Ouch that sounds like a really uncomfortable and painful feeling. Not to mention if you have people who care about you, there's no body.
Honestly, it's better than traumatizing grandma with a half headless corpse