• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

brownbear

brownbear

Aug 27, 2023
I think going by train can be successful and relatively painless (if done correctly and safely).
My main ethical concern is how it affects others.

For one the train driver will surely be impacted, maybe ending up getting traumatized or feeling guilty etc.
Maybe it can be arranged so, that the driver wont even notice (?).
Also the train will have to hold, as the rail might have to be blocked to inspect the place and deal with the body. Meaning passengers and following trains will be affected.

I need other opinions on if this method is justified, considering the people that will be affected.

If one is in unbearable pain, is it okay to ctb with the possibility that it might traumatize others?

D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
I think going by train can be successful and relatively painless (if done correctly and safely).
My main ethical concern is how it affects others.

For one the train driver will surely be impacted, maybe ending up getting traumatized or feeling guilty etc.
Maybe it can be arranged so, that the driver wont even notice (?).
Also the train will have to hold, as the rail might have to be blocked to inspect the place and deal with the body. Meaning passengers and following trains will be affected.

I need other opinions on if this method is justified, considering the people that will be affected.

If one is in unbearable pain, is it okay to ctb with the possibility that it might traumatize others?
This question has two answers:

1. No, it's not acceptable. It's totally unfair to move your suffering onto another individual (the driver) who may get PTSD from your actions.

2. Yes, it's acceptable. Society needlessly restricts viable suicide methods (e.g. SN), leaving the suicidal with no choice but to opt for violent methods like being hit by a train. It's not the responsibility of the suicidal person to avoid harm, that's the responsibility of the government who should make accessible methods available.

Take your pick over which of these two views you take.

E

everyonesaniki

Jan 27, 2024
The driver will notice, it's a hard thing for them to deal with which is why I decided against this method myself, my late uncle was a freight train driver and he had to deal with depression after someone jumped under the train.

In the end it's your decision, nobody can force you what you can or cannot do. I decided to take the SN option as it seems to be relatively easy to do for an EU citizen.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't think it's OK to traumatise or inconvenience others.

Despite what people say, there are lots of ways to die quickly and peacefully without doing so.

Why go out as the person who ruined someone else's life?

People too often forget the issue we really face is our SI not the method.

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I understand the concern of traumatising a train driver and it's a concern I share, as this is most likely going to be my method now as well (too physically disabled for most methods and my SN was confiscated last year). Inflicting any trauma or psychological harm is the very last thing I want to cause.

That said, I think it's worth remembering that most suicide methods will, unfortunately, traumatise someone.

Being found blue and lifeless from SN will impact someone. Finding my mangled body at the bottom of Beachy Head will impact someone. No matter what method we choose, the aftermath has the potential to inflict trauma on another human being and while we can try to mitigate this, it's almost impossible to ensure it won't happen unless we can access a voluntary euthanasia clinic, a very peaceful method that leaves a serene body behind (even then, finding a dead body can leave a very lasting impact regardless and there are other variables such as how soon it is found too) or make sure our bodies are never discovered.

We have no way of knowing for sure who will find us, what condition we will be discovered in and how it will affect the person who finds us with absolute certainty.

It's horrible but it's sadly the reality. Personally I never judge people's choice to die by suicide and don't judge the method either, because at the end of the day the overwhelming majority of people who ctb don't want to hurt others, but are suffering so immensely that they need to go. And if we choose to go, we can only do what is personally accessible and realistically possible for us. The only way to avoid traumatising anyone at all ever is to not die, and sadly that is simply not always an option.

I certainly can't afford to stick around indefinitely to avoid hurting other people, as much as I wish I could prevent all possible harm. But the methods available to me are extremely limited in my situation.

Last edited:
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I've read an article about people who CTB by train in the UK. Besides the usual "don't do it we love" stuff they did interview drivers and also the people who have to clean the train afterwards. Not saying do/don't just another bit of info.

• Love
Reactions: brownbear
inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Rules for people who use the term CTB

1) NEVER involve innocents in your death.
2) Leave a warning note to anyone who might wander into your place/space of death.

Simple.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find it insensitive and cruel when people complain about suffering people using the train method to ctb as we exist in a society where we are denied the option of a guaranteed, peaceful way to cease existing.

If access to methods like Nembutal were avaliable to everybody I bet there really wouldn't be many train suicides at all. It's truly hellish how humans make it so we have to struggle so much to die on our own terms, people should be complaing about pro-lifers instead who want to force people to suffer rather than people who had the courage to free themselves from this existence that was so cruelly imposed in the first place. I admire those who chose to ctb this way, they were very courageous as that method sounds terrifying to me.

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
If you're gonna do it by train, do it when the train is going at it's full speed and away from the stops to be less likely noticed by others.

• Love
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I had a friend once whose uncle's job was to organise the cleanup of the bodies of train victims and then alert their families. he said it was the worst and most heartbreaking part of the job and a large reason why he eventually quit.. he was forever traumatised by seeing all the people who got hit. what im trying to say is that its not only the train driver you traumatise with this method. A lot of other people are involved with the cleanup + damage control of such a public act that it affects many. Lots of better ways to go.....

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Always wish i could get a gore cleanup job, i think I'd struggle on the psychological test if such a thing exists.

Hey either way you get your freedom, you have to ask yourself if you really give a shit about randoms seeing your pulp splatter everywhere, eyeballs and brain on the track.

In a way maybe its a psychological lobotomy for some normies, wake em up from the long slumber 😘