Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
It's weird to think that, not so long ago, one could buy SN in Walmart in the US.

This leads me to wonder - what countries can you still purchase SN over the counter?

I'm thinking mainly parts of Eastern Europe here. I think I saw someone here from Serbia who purchased it from a local store. As I'm in the UK, Europe would be preferable to a long haul flight. That said, feel free to list any country you know of, as any information may be useful to others.

Reactions: neutralmilk, losing hope and betternever2havbeen
ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
Post-Soviet countries, maybe some parts of Europe (Poland). Speaking from my experience I didn't exactly go to the store and bought it there. I just placed an order, they confirmed it (no questions asked) and the next day I went to the post office and picked it up. Again, no questions asked. Was pretty cheap too, like 4$ for 100g SN in total including delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope, betternever2havbeen and Old Friend
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
What country was that and how long ago?

Poland would be great as it's easy to get to from here but I think I've seen forum members from there struggling to find a source.

D

Deleted member 65988

Where I'm from. Sn can be bought and even delivered to a private residence.

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
My response won't be useful unfortunately but I thought of mentioning it anyway. I'm from Eastern Europe and sadly you can't buy it that easily here, the only sources I've found only sell to schools or licensed businesses and so on, whatever you wanna call them. I really thought that it wouldn't be this hard to find in a third world country like mine but alas.

Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁 and Deleted member 65988
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
It's weird to think that, not so long ago, one could buy SN in Walmart in the US.

This leads me to wonder - what countries can you still purchase SN over the counter?

I'm thinking mainly parts of Eastern Europe here. I think I saw someone here from Serbia who purchased it from a local store. As I'm in the UK, Europe would be preferable to a long haul flight. That said, feel free to list any country you know of, as any information may be useful to others.
This is actually insanely strange to think about. When did it become so hard to get?

Reactions: ApathyToLife
D

Deleted member 65988

This is actually insanely strange to think about. When did it become so hard to get?
Since they became aware people are taking it to ctb so more countries are becoming reluctant to sell sn without restrictions or need for a legitimate business license.

D

Deleted member 65988

Off course, but when was that?
Over the course of the last few years with what happened with the sn deaths related to Amazon and the fact some chemical companies have been threatened and harassed by family members of people who've ctb with sn. IC sn blew it open since it's been distributed worldwide so with all that in mind, free access to sn has been pulled. I also think some companies really don't want to end up in trouble so it's best to just protect themselves by not selling sn over the counter without restriction. It's been rather gradual and the fact there are websites that share information on how to ctb with sn like this one. Any company that still wants to keep its legitimacy will not sell a chemical that's known to be used for suicide negligently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Hahah! What? Did they threaten and start blaming the companies for people choosing to take their own lifes.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sep 24, 2023
I think so. Similar happened with the helium balloon kits you could also once get on Amazon.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Hehe, oh well! I could understand that it raises concerns, but i mean it's not the companies fault. Yess, off course! That makes sence. Nobody wants a bad rep!

D

Deleted member 65988

Hahah! What? Did they threaten and start blaming the companies for people choosing to take their own lifes.
Well yes, when a family loses a loved one, it's usually the case to blame something else instead of understanding that the individual made the choice themselves
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? DM, if you prefer.
Really Shitty and fast collpasing 3rd world African country down south.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Idk, is it. I could understand that loved ones wants to do something to prevent others from experiencing the same thing as them. But idk if it's fair to blame the companies and making bad rep for the companies! Oh well. Probably true, but kinda stupid.

D

Deleted member 65988

Idk, is it. I could understand that loved ones wants to do something to prevent others from experiencing the same thing as them. But idk if it's fair to blame the companies and making bad rep for the companies! Oh well. Probably true, but kinda stupid.
Of course it's not fair on the company, many of them aren't aware that:

1. There's websites that share information on how to ctb with the chemical.

2. That there are people who will buy that chemical for the purpose it was not intended for.

Plus they can't assume every customer who buys sn has an ulterior motive to use it for ctb and not for lab work. It isn't fair to blame the company at all when they don't have knowledge that people use sn to ctb, bearing in mind its still a relatively rare method and not well known and oddly "culturally accepted" like hanging or jumping.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
The funny part is that for a while there, probably before they closed it down, ended up advaticing for how many other creative things you can use SN for. Besides using at as a food preservation. Media is a joke sometimes! Sorry 😅

D

Deleted member 65988

The funny part is that for a while there, probably before they closed it down, ended up advaticing for how many other creative things you can use SN for. Besides using at as a food preservation. Media is a joke sometimes! Sorry 😅
Media also deliberately stated that these deaths were caused by Nitrate and not Nitrite, possibly to ward off any copy-cat attempts. it still is possible for people to confuse the two especially if they are desperate and don't care to make sure they have the right one.

• Informative
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁, Action and dggtscccvfd