Mar 9, 2023
Kid never stood a chance

Reactions: リスカ and iwanttobedead
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Absolutely.
Thats the worst thing, knowing where I've ended up was entirely avoidable.

Reactions: iwanttobedead, heartbroken12, darkwater and 4 others
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
considering the fact that 1) im currently only 18 and 2) i was already suicidal at that point?
...unless my past self could find a way to buy and hide SN, there's not really much i could ask my past self to do with my current knowledge.

T

tisoxi9801

Oct 6, 2021
Easily, yes. Would take five or ten minutes, maybe.

Reactions: HadItAll
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
For sure, but then as human beings living in this world of pain we would all end up suffering inevitably, but yes, my life would be better if I could give my 15 yo self advice.

Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
I would've ditched my friends, I would've gone to therapy, I would've talked to someone about my identity and gotten hormones, I would've immediately gone into art school, I would've stuck with good people. Can't say it wouldn't have erased my suicidal ideation but I might have had a support system.

Mr Myemna

Mr Myemna

Let me say words naked as flesh, tough as teeth.
Aug 20, 2022
i could've planned my last attempt more carefully ?

Reactions: Skathon
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Probably not but I could make the trip a lot better.

• Love
Reactions: gotomrg
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
My advice to my 15 y.o. self :"Do it now. Don't spend another 30 years suffering. It doesn't get better."

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, chocolatebar, demuic and 2 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
No, I've always been very suspicious of others, and at 15 I was a really stupid person...I wouldn't listen to anyone's advice even if it came from a supposed future me.

//

No, sempre he sigut molt desconfiat cap als altres i als 15 anys jo era realment una persona estúpida... no escoltaría pas els consells de ningú encara que vinguessin d'un suposat jo futur.

Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
"Here's a list of all the things you should invest in over the next 15 years and when you should cash in those investments. Never get into modeling and - if you decide to ignore that advice - [blank] is a horrible agent who will SA you. [Blank 2] looks cute now, but same goes for him so when he shows interest in a relationship after 6 years of friendship? Hard pass. [Blank 3] whom you'll meet in college doesn't really need help, she needs a victim. Don't try to console her. This might not be relevant though as honestly the theatre/psychology double major will not amount in anything career-wise and will just stack up student loans which will push you back financially up to twice your age. Never trust [blank 4], [blank 5], [blank 6], or [blank 7], they're gonna offer you "jobs" but the contracts are extremely disfavorable and there's a reason their staff are all women... you've seen the pattern by now so you know where this is going. You'll see [blank 8] again after years, and she'll look just as cute, and be willing to give you another shot. Don't. It's a trap. She just wants to mooch off you and is willing to use sex to get there. Our relationship with mom, dad, and our siblings doesn't get any better; don't waste funds or time on that."
...I don't know if that would help, or if that'd convince my 15 year old self that there's nothing good to look forward to and speedtrack things.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know that I could had saved myself from experiencing so much suffering if I found a way to leave at a much younger age. The only advice that could had been beneficial to me is to ctb as soon as possible, under no circumstances could I ever wish to endure something as pointless and painful as existence. I was very suicidal when I was that age and of course I still despise life now. It's sad how I've managed to exist for 22 years.

Reactions: demuic
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Absolutely. Give me an hour to warn about things and the whole should be much better in that parallel timeline

Reactions: リスカ and HadItAll
gotomrg

gotomrg

Mar 10, 2023
i think i did my best. looking back i made smart decisions and was as rational as possible. coped with every fucked up thing that happened to me the best way i could. no advice could have saved me. i would just end up in a different dump, that's all

Reactions: disillusion and HadItAll
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think 15 year old me would heed my advice.

Also if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that things almost never turn out the way you think they will. So even if the advice stuck, no guarantee for a more favorable outcome.

Reactions: Anhedoniac
Octavia

Octavia

“I’d… rather kill myself.”
Mar 4, 2023
Had I been able to prevent my first puberty from happening, I might have stood a chance at living… unfortunately my dumb ass did not realise what was going on until half a decade into it, so I guess that death it is then.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I don't know, I was hanging out with stupid people and misbehaving during that time period but was already severely depressed and dysfunctional for years before that. Just hadn't realized how abnormal my emotional state was then. I thought that was how everyone felt all the time and that I should just will power it (which fyi, didn't work at all then or now).

Maybe it could've made some difference but I am not confident about it.

novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Definitely Yes I could give myself 15yo an advice that could save me long after that. Why everyone voted no?

Brainslushy

Brainslushy

sigh
Feb 18, 2023
Things would still be hard but there might be a fighting chance if I had that power. What I'd tell them is don't try to tough it out kid. Seek help and stay in school. I probably wouldn't have listened to such advice though... sigh...

W

Wowser

Mar 7, 2023
I would say, "Try to fix your mental issuse by going to a doctor. Maybe being young will help. If you still have the same issues when you're 20, KILL YOURSELF." Then I would add, "Seriously, kill yourself when you're 20 and your mental health still sucks. It will not get better. The next 10 years will be hell."

assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
Yes, actually. That year, in particular, was crucial.

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
nope... this is just how i built... neither time or money can help it...

Reactions: Source Energy, Skathon, disillusion and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No- I had already been suicidal for 5 years by then. I wouldn't be able to lie and tell my younger self that things were going to get so much better. I mean- they did get better than they were but overall- none of it's been worth it.

Reactions: Source Energy
BeachyHeadLastOfUs

BeachyHeadLastOfUs

Jan 5, 2023
Maybe.

I would tell myself to tell the girls I loved how I felt about them. Keeping those feelings to myself has made me wonder what could have been. If I said something, maybe I would have had a girlfriend?

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Not really, my problem is that this society is shit, and I'll never ever become what I want to be, I will never fully obtain the things and aspects I most desire. The most advice I can give to my 15 yr old self is "Please do yourself a favor and jump in front a train or a subway. Don't try to leave behind a big project, it will only burden you. Please die as soon as possible, things do not get better and they cannot get better."

Reactions: disillusion
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

The Best Thing (That Never Happened)
Feb 6, 2023
No, my situation was unfixable.
Shit happens.

Reactions: Skathon
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
I am unsure, but i don't think i could have been saved. I am simply not meant for living