screwsociety

screwsociety

May 25, 2023
Could these meds be fatal? I've been able to save up some of the meds I take and have managed to get the following for a possible OD:
- 75 pills of 300mg lithium (22,500mg or 22.5g and the ld50 seems to be 525mg/kg so for me would be 30g)
- 9 pills of 150mg bupropion/wellbutrin (1350mg, read that overdoses of over 9g could lead to death with serious toxicity at 6g)
- 30 pills of 100mg caffeine (3000mg, 3g and the ld50 is 150-200mg/kg, for myself being between 8600 to 11200mg)

I could also get access to some sertraline/zoloft and ibuprofen of course but I'm reluctant to od on nsaids...
The original idea for an OD I was thinking of was to do caffeine alone but it looks like I won't be able to get any more pills unfortunately. I know death via OD especially with lithium is painful and long but I'm willing to go through with it as long as I'm near certain or certain it will cause death.

I've tried drinking bleach before and not sure if much can come close to that pain so please let me know if this pill combination with alcohol (900ml of rum) could kill me.

Cheers

• Hugs
Reactions: 134340 and ipmanwc0
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
No overdose is already unreliable and these are like the least toxic medications in existence

Upvote 1

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Probably not.

I've never purposefully overdosed on lithium but have been taking it since 2016, it's easy to accidentally get your levels too high. Severe stomach pain and cramps, diarrhea, nausea, sweating, and then the general symptoms of dehydration and your kidneys slowly shutting down. Wellbutrin overdose will almost certainly cause seizures. Caffeine will make your heart race and palpitate, which could easily make you panicky. For me, the alcohol wouldn't keep me sedated enough.

Keep in mind that LD50 is determined based on studies done on small animals. It won't always necessarily correlate the same for a human. I don't think it's bad to have the information, just saying that it isn't always going to be accurate in that sense. I think something to keep in mind (I know you said you don't really care if it's slow) is that when you overdose on things that take a while to (possibly) kill you, you will be aware of your body shutting down. Especially with the lithium. Even though you want to die and feel sure about it, your survival instinct is likely to kick in here and make you panic. Lots of room for SI to kick in with this plan. Also the potential to be found and helped before you die because it's a prolonged process.

Reactions: screwsociety
Upvote 0
screwsociety

screwsociety

May 25, 2023
Probably not.

I've never purposefully overdosed on lithium but have been taking it since 2016, it's easy to accidentally get your levels too high. Severe stomach pain and cramps, diarrhea, nausea, sweating, and then the general symptoms of dehydration and your kidneys slowly shutting down. Wellbutrin overdose will almost certainly cause seizures. Caffeine will make your heart race and palpitate, which could easily make you panicky. For me, the alcohol wouldn't keep me sedated enough.

Keep in mind that LD50 is determined based on studies done on small animals. It won't always necessarily correlate the same for a human. I don't think it's bad to have the information, just saying that it isn't always going to be accurate in that sense. I think something to keep in mind (I know you said you don't really care if it's slow) is that when you overdose on things that take a while to (possibly) kill you, you will be aware of your body shutting down. Especially with the lithium. Even though you want to die and feel sure about it, your survival instinct is likely to kick in here and make you panic. Lots of room for SI to kick in with this plan. Also the potential to be found and helped before you die because it's a prolonged process.
Got it. Thanks for your response. I understand where you're coming from and honestly you are definitely right but unfortunately an OD or stabbing/cutting myself seem to be my only options other than jumping in front of a moving train or truck which would not be pleasant for anyone involved and potentially traumatic...

Wondering whether you had any ideas for a better method which could be more easily accessible than SN per say? Really struggling here to find an alternative and at this point I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
No, it is absolutely not likely to be fatal. I'd be willing to go as far as saying that you will without a doubt wake up.

As someone else said- LD50 only means that that 50% of those who were given that dose died, and typically, this is based on animal trials, not humans.

Upvote 0