faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Hello!
There have been a big amount of threads concerning coronavirus lately, so I think that would be more productive to have just one megathread where we could talk about this subject.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us!

Reactions: Susannah, Hollow Point, throwaway_2620 and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This will probably be an unpopular opinion and I mean no offense to anyone. But I'm sick of this virus talk. Life is dangerous and they're blowing this thing way out of proportion.

I'm more worried about my drive to work then this. Or the economic effects that we will feel from this thing. I already know people who are having a hard time getting essential medications and rations.

I hope everyone stays safe and please try to keep your panic to a minimum.

• Love
Reactions: Zilch, melancholy_lily, BPD Barbie and 33 others
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl, Searchinghope, Brackenshire and 5 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
How can I not panic when I went to the grocery shop to buy tagliatelle and the whole pasta shelf was empty.

What am I to do?!

Here I am in the kitchen with the olive oil, the tomatoes, the basil, the aubergine and the parmesan and no tagliatelle...

Somebody please find a vaccin for Covid-19!

Reactions: Klee, LivideLamb, FusRohDracarys and 6 others
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
Had an Uber driver last night who said coronavirus is part of a large global plot that involved Qaddafi being killed by Macron because he owed him $200 billion and has gotten out of control by accident

As seen on Twitter

• Wow
Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Wolfjob_dayjob and Ame
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I get and understand why drastic measures are being taken. It is highly contagious and it spreads without people knowing they have it. You cannot control people and people lack common sense. So things must be shutdown to get people to stop spreading it because people lack common sense. With that said. I am absolutely tired of seeing threads pop up on SS on this. Every thread has the same responses at this point.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, C_F, Susannah and 5 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
This will probably be an unpopular opinion and I mean no offense to anyone. But I'm sick of this virus talk. Life is dangerous and they're blowing this thing way out of proportion.

I'm more worried about my drive to work then this. Or the economic effects that we will feel from this thing. I already know people who are having a hard time getting essential medications and rations.

It doesn't annoy me I do try and avoid those threads as much as I can, but it does get frustrating when you can turn on any website, or social media, without it being rammed down your throat
I weekly shop, I have to, I can't do a weekly shop, everything is out of stock, luckily I am a hoarder when it comes to food always have been, BUT the regular basics are a bitch to get hold of, tried to look online but the cheapest is only allowing 1 purchase per item....! fuck that!

I'm not panicked about it and never will be, don't see the point panic changes nothing!
89902789 1544568422358721 5378303514298548224 o

Last edited:
Reactions: MissStarr, Oyoy, Mywill and 5 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
It doesn't annoy me I do try and avoid those threads as much as I can, but it does get frustrating when you can turn on any website, or social media, without it being rammed down your throat
I weekly shop, I have to, I can't do a weekly shop, everything is out of stock, luckily I am a hoarder when it comes to food always have been, BUT the regular basics are a bitch to get hold of, tried to look online but the cheapest is only allowing 1 purchase per item....! fuck that!

I'm not panicked about it and never will be, don't see the point panic changes nothing!
View attachment 29849

This is pretty much how I feel at this point. You can't find refuge from seeing anything related to coronavirus no matter where you turn.

Reactions: Susannah, Hollow Point, Maximoo and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Can somebody explain the toilet paper mania?
Or toilet paper in general?
I can't just wipe my ass with some soft paper and put my underwear and pants over my ass knowing there could be 1mg of actual shit there. Just the thought makes me shudder. Alright, so if I'm in some woods? Ok, I could hypothetically do that, but then I'll drag my crusty ass to a lake, or something.
How do people manage to not wash their ass?!

Reactions: Busdriver, Hollow Point, Maximoo and 1 other person
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
@Compodulator spoken like St Assisi to his flock

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
How can I not panic when I went to the grocery shop to buy tagliatelle and the whole pasta shelf was empty.

What am I to do?!

Here I am in the kitchen with the olive oil, the tomatoes, the basil, the aubergine and the parmesan and no tagliatelle...

Some people even manage to resell the bought items for a bigger price because all the stores are empty...

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Jumper Geo, Wolfjob_dayjob, Hollow Point and 2 others
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
As seen on Twitter

Russian flatmate said the virus is conspiracy of USA and Israel :shy: :pfff: Many profanities were used during that "explanation".

- "But it started in China"
- "They put it in there *expletives*"

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: BPD Barbie, Wolfjob_dayjob, Hollow Point and 6 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Russian flatmate said the virus is conspiracy of USA and Israel :shy: :pfff: Many profanities were used during that "explanation".

- "But it started in China"
- "They put it in there *expletives*"
It was shown on one of the most viewed Russian channels that coronavirus is called so because of Trump.

• Wow
Reactions: Hollow Point, Myforevercharlie, Inferdan and 1 other person
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019

Use all possible stereotypes for classic italian grumpy old man :pfff:

bQ9GKoJ.jpg

-----

Where is the pasta??? Why no pasta??

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Hollow Point, Amber1974 and 2 others
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I can't just wipe my ass with some soft paper and put my underwear and pants over my ass knowing there could be 1mg of actual shit there. Just the thought makes me shudder. Alright, so if I'm in some woods? Ok, I could hypothetically do that, but then I'll drag my crusty ass to a lake, or something.
Wash rags work just as well to clean your ass...People view that as "nasty"..Wash it out,while the dookie is still juicy and the water is still running.

Im thankful that "corona" is gonna teach some old skills.People get stuck in this "whatever the computer tells you" mind state.

Glad I ran with the"older folks' before the tech deaded them.Ill be doin' well..Hang in there kids.This will blow over soon.

Reactions: Susannah, Hollow Point and Inferdan
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Ffy1Ip2

Reactions: IAmSam, Hollow Point, Maximoo and 3 others
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
well arent these interesting times

Reactions: Hollow Point, Maximoo, Inferdan and 2 others
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Eh, another thread about coronabus.
I guess that will be "The ultimate thread about corona".
And specifically about Toilet paper.

As I am a smart guy............yes I know, I come across as pedant or pretentious, But Today I have at home 132 units of toilet paper, just for me. But you were thinking.....this guy is absurd, everybody has 132 units of toilet paper..but my toilet paper is printed and softly goffered.( using goffered I am going to screw up the joke, hard translation).

Ok, Sorry. I am lying you. You do not deserve this behaviour.

I only have 5 units left to pass Coronabus Crisis.

• Love
Reactions: Hollow Point and faust
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Wash rags work just as well to clean your ass...People view that as "nasty"..Wash it out,while the dookie is still juicy and the water is still running.
I'm guessing people misunderstand the wash rag in the same manner I do now: how would you keep the thing clean?
The only scenario I see feasible (for me) would be to then wash it obsessively in something that is not the normal sink. Then again, I've never used a washing rag, so there's that. =\

Reactions: Hollow Point and mesohappy
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I'm guessing people misunderstand the wash rag in the same manner I do now: how would you keep the thing clean?
The only scenario I see feasible (for me) would be to then wash it obsessively in something that is not the normal sink. Then again, I've never used a washing rag, so there's that. =\

As a women who deals with that monthly stuff, and deals with using resuables, a wash rag, would be treated in same manner? Used, roughly rinsed then placed in a bucket of sterile water to then be washed as normal

Reactions: Hollow Point and mesohappy
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019

I Agree. Maybe something good can come out of this crisis situation. toilet-paper-shortage-learn-how-to-hygienically-clean-your-butt-without-it

Reactions: MissStarr, Hollow Point and mesohappy
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018

What am I to do?!

Yeah I thought I was gonna enjoy some chicken breasts today - boy was I wrong. Two big supermarkets on my block - human lockusts cleared them both. At least as far as chicken breasts go. And at least now that they stacked on supplies they are hopefully gone from my shopping life for some time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollow Point, Inferdan, Quarky00 and 1 other person
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019

Yes, I'm also more worried about the effects on the economy and how people will handle it. Schools initially had online classes to compensate for the suspensions, but some of them had to suspend online classes because not all of the students had proper access to the internet. I know that many of my classmates have difficulty in adjusting because we're used to the direct face-to-face interaction with our professors.

• Hugs
Reactions: Susannah, Hollow Point, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Reactions: BlackPoppet, Busdriver, LuzurPhagget and 4 others
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I believe bleach is popular here .. 2-for-1: clean ass & ctb . "Shit happens".

Reactions: Hollow Point, Brackenshire and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I believe bleach is popular here .. 2-for-1: clean ass & ctb . "Shit happens".
As a former biochem student you may like this combo:
1584500024174 1584500143046

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollow Point, Ame and Quarky00
Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019

What am I to do?!

I'd rather the treatment of stupidity...no cure you ask? Some are lost causes...

Reactions: Hollow Point