• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Anon1337

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2018
Does anyone else feel anxious all the time? My heart often beats faster, changes in breathing. I feel on edge, I feel so uncomfortable. I hate how life is so unpredictable and that makes me worry all the time.

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It doesn't go away. I'm 35. It just heightens on certain situations. Because of the knife robberies I experienced I'm really really perceptive when not in the car and walking around. If I see something that doesn't fit my pattern recognition it means warning for me.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Stupid question maybe, but are you breathing in the right way?
I used to have what you describe very often until I got breathing technique " therapy '.
When you only breath into your chest it's to fast and superficial. Which causes more anxiety.

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
It is somewhat pretty new for me, but I am struggling the last year or so with anxiety and it is one of the absolute worst feelings. I hate it. I have tried so many different ways to deal with it and I am not having any luck. You are not alone.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
cptsd on top of chronic major depressive disorder = anxiety time all the time. i wake up in a flat out panic attack regularly.

breathing exercises do help a lot in the moment if one is able to clear their head, which i know is fucking hard for a lot of us. for me it helps to focus on counting the lengths of my breaths out loud or "loudly" in my head while also feeling how deep into my gut i can inhale. some people say they have good luck imagining a happy/relaxing place (beach, forest, sunny field etc) or a blank slate or like theyre in a class with other people doing the same exercises. it isnt a permanent solution but even a short window of relief is better than nothing and having a reliable grounding exercise can be a massive emotional regulator

Reactions: Anon1337
ChiefSeattle

ChiefSeattle

Apr 3, 2024
Yes I have lifelong severe chronic anxiety (GAD) + trauma
It is a nasty condition and it has destroyed my life. Because of anxiety and depression I never became anything.
My heart is broken from life.