R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
I do not wish to die if I can help it, to me it's really just the lesser evil in my situation.In reality just want to rid myself from my suffering, for a year now I barely get any sleep or feel true joy no matter what I do. I feel like I'm just coping while postponing the inevitable.

I've been weighing my options for a long time now, and no matter what. Non existence seems to be the best option (that I can provide for myself)... But I've just been thinking that if I'm already decided on going, might as well try a last cry for help? Perhaps seeing something serious happen might cause a change of heart and make them care?? I know it's far fetched, chances are it'll be seen as toxic manipulation...but even if it's a shot in the dark, I wanna try to save myself from being forced to choose between a life of suffering and death.

I still haven't completely decided whether I wanna do this as a last resort, or to just ctb and get done with everything once and for all, but if I do seriously consider it what might be the best ways that would only result in hospitalization without causing any permanent damage?

-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
If you're looking at it as a cry for help, then I'd say a better option would be to walk into a hospital emergency room and tell them of your intentions.

When assessing risk, they look for three factors:
  • You have a specific plan. Not "I'm feeling suicidal" or "I want to kill myself." A specific, detailed plan.
  • You have ready access to the means to carry out the plan.
  • You intend to carry out the plan in the immediate short-term future.
All three factors must be present because they have to be able to legally justify their intervention in the event a patient changes their mind or doesn't want their intervention in the first place.

This would lead into a "voluntary involuntary" inpatient stay. As in, you have the choice up until you commit to it, at which point you cannot change your mind.

Also noting that risk is assessed on a spectrum and that it may become strictly involuntary (no choice at all in the matter) depending on what you tell them in that initial conversation.

R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
If you're looking at it as a cry for help, then I'd say a better option would be to walk into a hospital emergency room and tell them of your intentions.

When assessing risk, they look for three factors:
  • You have a specific plan. Not "I'm feeling suicidal" or "I want to kill myself." A specific, detailed plan.
  • You have ready access to the means to carry out the plan.
  • You intend to carry out the plan in the immediate short-term future.
All three factors must be present because they have to be able to legally justify their intervention in the event a patient changes their mind or doesn't want their intervention in the first place.

This would lead into a "voluntary involuntary" inpatient stay. As in, you have the choice up until you commit to it, at which point you cannot change your mind.

Also noting that risk is assessed on a spectrum and that it may become strictly involuntary (no choice at all in the matter) depending on what you tell them in that initial conversation.
"Professional help" isn't what I need. And this especially seems like a good way of making things even worse for myself.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
If you make a pseudo-attempt with the intent of surviving and telling those in your life odds are you are going to end up being sent to the hospital and sectioned anyway. So if you don't want professional help and think it will make things worse rather than better then this is only going to make things even worse than walking yourself into an ER. You are not only giving yourself a hefty chance of being sectioned, but now you'll have to deal with the physical effects of an attempt. Just because it's a low lethality method doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Any attempt at your life has the potential to kill you or cause serious damage even if the intent isn't to succeed. You are quite literally playing with death. If you don't want professional help then don't make an attempt and expect to get off scott free.

You already said yourself you know this is going to be seen as manipulative, so I won't even get into that. If you want people to care about you but you don't want professional help then you best start looking for another way about it.

• Informative
Reactions: -Link- and Reflection
R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
If you make a pseudo-attempt with the intent of surviving and telling those in your life odds are you are going to end up being sent to the hospital and sectioned anyway. So if you don't want professional help and think it will make things worse rather than better then this is only going to make things even worse than walking yourself into an ER. You are not only giving yourself a hefty chance of being sectioned, but now you'll have to deal with the physical effects of an attempt. Just because it's a low lethality method doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. Any attempt at your life has the potential to kill you or cause serious damage even if the intent isn't to succeed. You are quite literally playing with death. If you don't want professional help then don't make an attempt and expect to get off scott free.
I see, yeah I guess it is a dumb idea to begin with.