D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Why couldn't we all just have been mindless automata? Everything would be so much easier if we didn't have to experience anything.

• Love
Reactions: fox_wannabe, Oblivion Access, onlyanimalsaregood and 4 others
SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet

‎In a perfect world, nobody would be suicidal
Feb 27, 2022
I've been thinking about how it must felt for people who got a "sucessfull" lobotomy, it's a barbaric method and not a cure obviously. Maybe that erased their despair and took the pain away, turning them into "robots".

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Consciousness really can be torture, life itself is just pointless and unnecessary suffering. It hurts me being alive and more than anything I wish that I never existed in the first place.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic, onlyanimalsaregood, wanttogetonthebus and 1 other person
wanttogetonthebus

wanttogetonthebus

chronically unlucky
Nov 27, 2021
I've been thinking about how it must felt for people who got a "sucessfull" lobotomy, it's a barbaric method and not a cure obviously. Maybe that erased their despair and took the pain away, turning them into "robots".
I've thought about before too. It's hard to say if it really was able to take away people's pain but everyone who had a lobotomy was certainly left permanently changed forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: SpaceCadet
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I am asking myself the similar questions, almost everyday

If neuroscientists are not working on NPC pills than I think they are not doing their job, and should be all sacked.

M

MegaGordo

I stepped on the scale; it said "one at a time"
Apr 6, 2022
Yeah, reflective consciousness is a boon and a bane, for sure. Anyone remember that classic written by Julian Jayne, THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAKDOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND? If I recall correctly, the author, a Princeton psych. professor (I think, but not well), speculated that humans during the same period of Homer's writings manifested through natural selection the capacity to hear voices external to them--a rudimentary precursor to reflective consciousness. Hence, the origins of religion, commandments, thunder gods, Rush Limbaugh.