• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I'm really concerned.
I've come across a few threads from members, who from their use of language or situations they describe are very likely minors, if even 16.

While not taking away from the distress they may be in this is an issue for all of us and the unwanted attention this generates for this safe haven of ours.

How can we address this?

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I think the best way to do this is to notify the mods. We surely won't be able to know whether they are lying about their age. Even then, without IDs, no one really knows either.

At the end of the day, we try to look out for the site and each other, but it's just not our responsibility that minors end up here. There's a likelihood that they will end up here anyway, whether as member or as guest. Anyone with working Internet can find SS.

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I'm really concerned.
I've come across a few threads from members, who from their use of language or situations they describe are very likely minors, if even 16.

While not taking away from the distress they may be in this is an issue for all of us and the unwanted attention this generates for this safe haven of ours.

How can we address this?
If you suspect that someone is a minor, report it to a mod.

S

sage79

Dec 1, 2020
I think it's a little but of a difficult conversation to have. I grew up as a depressed teenager and wanted nothing more than to die. Fast forward to 22 now, and I'm planning on CTB really soon. Nothings changed in my life and I knew it wouldn't change since I was younger. I personally think that if you are able to find this safe haven, you really have to dig deep and it's not just a "surface layer depression". These minors have genuine deep troubles. I hope they can work through their troubles or just stick it out until their early 20's. As much as I wish I CTB earlier and younger, I'm thankful for the experiences and memories I made. I got to go to the club, drink, travel a little, etc. I do understand that these things are super cliche and it's hard to think of the fun stuff when all you wanna do is die. Sending my love to you all <3

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
I absolutely agree with you and share the same concerns. I wish I had a brilliant idea that would filter out those under 18, but I have no clue how to do that without overburdening the SS staff. Sites like Exit International require you to submit a photo of yourself holding your legal photo ID (which must be legible in the photo). I suppose a requirement like that would deter some underage users, but would be so much more work for SS staff. I'd like to see SS remain a free site but if a more rigorous screening process is required for members, it may mean imposing some sort of fee. I'm really not sure... just thinking out loud.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Report them to us, thanks. Keep in mind tho that living with parents alone or going to school isn't necessarily an indication that they're minors and we have to investigate such cases properly. But if there is enough evidence or suspicious activity on their part we ban them immediately.

Last edited: