justkindahere

justkindahere

Jun 28, 2020
So I ordered some SN off of amazon not long ago and it's here but since then I've seen people say how hard it is to get hold of it and I'm worried that it isn't actually SN or that it's not as pure as the seller claimed it was.

Anyone know if there's some way to test the purity or am I gonna have to actually try it and hope it works when the time comes to ctb?

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Yes there's the aquarium test and the less reliable blood test.
Before investing any money in an aquarium test kit,I'd advise you to PM a forum member with a link to whichever SN you've bought.
It could be Prague powder,or nitrite salts,or,depending which country you're in,LW.

It's basically impossible for U.K residents to purchase proper SN from the website you specify.

ReallySillyOtter

ReallySillyOtter

Will commit suicide or die tryin’.
Jun 20, 2020
Anyone know if there's some way to test the purity or am I gonna have to actually try it and hope it works when the time comes to ctb?

Yes, two ways:
  1. Blood test. Not as accurate but fairly straightforward (warning: icky): https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/blood-test-with-sn-blood-pics-inside.31365/
  2. Aquarium test. Quite accurate but tricky to do (warning: math): https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-test.41119/#post-754707

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, mem12 and Saed
justkindahere

justkindahere

Jun 28, 2020
Yes there's the aquarium test and the less reliable blood test.
Before investing any money in an aquarium test kit,I'd advise you to PM a forum member with a link to whichever SN you've bought.
It could be Prague powder,or nitrite salts,or,depending which country you're in,LW.

It's basically imposdible for U.K residents to purchase proper SN from the website you specify.
Yeah, I'm looking at the thing I bought and it says that it's Nitrite Salts, which I assumed was the same as SN. I should have known it was too good to be true :')

Reactions: Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Yeah, I'm looking at the thing I bought and it says that it's Nitrite Salts, which I assumed was the same as SN. I should have known it was too good to be true :')
What you bought is 0.6% SN. I looked through your previous postings. Begins with an E,rhymes with a supermarket. Absolutely not what you need
You need to look for 99% SN.
There are very few suppliers left standing,now and be prepared for quite a wait until delivery.

justkindahere

justkindahere

Jun 28, 2020
What you bought is 0.6% SN. I looked through your previous postings. Begins with an E,rhymes with a supermarket. Absolutely not what you need
You need to look for 99% SN.
There are very few suppliers left standing,now and be prepared for quite a wait until delivery.
I actually found some food grade SN on e*** but that also seems unreliable. Besides that, I'm only finding science grade SN and even then, that's only sold to specific places. Really feels like dying shouldn't be this hard lmao

Last edited:
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
I actually found some food grade SN on ****** but that also seems unreliable. Besides that, I'm only finding science grade SN and even then, that's only sold to specific places. Really feels like dying shouldn't be this hard lmao
The site you specify (as a new user,you perhaps don't realise that we never directly name websites or suppliers) is one of the only places to get 99% food grade or lab grade/reagent SN,for U.K. residents.
Either are effective.

Reactions: x-Ace-x
justkindahere

justkindahere

Jun 28, 2020
The site you specify (as a new user,you perhaps don't realise that we never directly name websites or suppliers) is one of the only places to get 99% food grade or lab grade/reagent SN.
Either are effective.
Sorry yeah, I'm new. Edited it out!

• Love
Reactions: Saed