• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Does anyone else really not like it when someone makes the argument that "the average person is happy, the average person doesn't suffer from xyz, etc" in an attempt to downplay someone else's unrelated disdain for life?

I am well aware the average person's experience is a far cry from mine. CFS only effects an estimated 1.2-1.3% of adults, so 99.7% of people are not suffering from this condition like I am. Another condition I have, chiari malformation which involves a structural defect of the brain, has been postulated to impact only 1 in 1000 individuals. The type of tumor I suffered from is estimated to occur in 1-14 individuals in a population of 100,000 per any given year. Recurrence of tumors in people who have surgery like I did is also super rare, yet guess what, it still happened to me!

It is also very rare for a person my age (24) to have chronic back pain and multiple areas of spinal degeneration, and yet I suffer from that too. So frankly, I don't give a shit what is "normal" or average because I am not living the normal or average life, and I suspect that is the case for many others here as well. Our experiences are not in line with the status quo and that's why they require a certain level of acknowledgement and delicacy, because it's much harder to be taken seriously when you're the odd one out. Of course, a person who has not had a normal, happy life, is going to be far more likely to display unhappiness or make statements that life is cruel, because our perception of life is based on our own personal experiences.

Whenever I speak to someone about my issues, especially my PTSD which I have had since 5/6 years old, they keep telling me PTSD is highly treatable and cite single studies of cohorts who didn't have SA related PTSD or who had one off traumatic events in adulthood rather than childhood. Even though this is not even remotely similar to my situation, and these studies still show significant amounts of patients who aren't helped by that particular talking therapy, people will use this as evidence of you not trying hard enough and not wanting to get better when that therapy doesn't work in your particular situation.

Yes, the average person probably doesn't experience what I do, but why is this relevant? If you keep focusing on the average person, you are still failing to capture a significant amount of people in the population in your assessment. And this focus on what is normal and what is simple rather than the complex cases is precisely why I think so many people are suffering.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
It's curious, because in my town it's different.
In my town, we're all normal and mental illnesses are just excuses because everyone can "move forward".

"You don't have ADHD, you're just lazy."
"You don't have ASD, you're just dumb."
"You don't have GAD, you're just insecure."
"You don't have BPD, you're just dramatic."
"MDD? Just smile bro, God loves you"
"Do you have PTSD? Those things are in the past, forget about them and live in the present."

etc...

It reminds me that some time ago my father said something about my depression.

"'Depression? I have no idea what that is."

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It's curious, because in my town it's different.
In my town, we're all normal and mental illnesses are just excuses because everyone can "move forward".

"You don't have ADHD, you're just lazy."
"You don't have ASD, you're just dumb."
"You don't have GAD, you're just insecure."
"You don't have BPD, you're just dramatic."
"Do you have PTSD? Those things are in the past, forget about them and live in the present."

etc...
My mom says that I don't have ADHD or ASD, and that I'm just "lazy"

Last edited:
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
You're exceptional in all the best and worst ways.

I've been told by my friend that life is a "struggle and journey for everyone". But I find that a contradictory statement. If life is a " journey " for everyone, meaning everyone is walking on their singular, individual paths, then the struggles of other people are irrelevant, at least to the question of whether one should continue living or not.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I hate that too. I'm not like the average person so why am I being compared to them? If anything, I'm probably the furthest you can get from the average human... I'm so disconnected from humanity as a whole and, equally, they are so disconnected from me. Their entire perception would change if they lived my life for just a single day