Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I was thinking about buying this little companion robot called Eilik. He's reasonably priced and has a lot of personality. My own little R2 or Wall E lol I guess it will help with some of the loneliness for a while before my ctb. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: keitaro, LONE WOLF., chloramine and 4 others
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
I don't get the appeal, honestly. I think these things will never be better than a simply living pet, but if you find it cool and have money to burn I don't see why not. Its not like you are going to use that money after you cbt.

Reactions: chloramine
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I don't get the appeal, honestly. I think these things will never be better than a simply living pet, but if you find it cool and have money to burn I don't see why not. Its not like you are going to use that money after you cbt
Friend, I am not going to buy a living dog, just so later on I can go and end it. I don't have much more time left. That's not fair on the dog. The appeal is, I get to have fun with a cute little robot who makes me smile. Then when I die, he can't miss me or need to depend on me. Dogs are expensive to keep and they need you. I don't have the energy nor the time for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: memoriesoflight, chloramine, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
artificial_ineptness

artificial_ineptness

Nov 14, 2021
Looks cute and if you can afford might be totally worth it.

Only potential downsides I can think of are:
  • Your expectations might be too high and you might get bored of it very quickly. Adverts are adverts - nothing new. Don't think you can really know it without trying something like it. Maybe looking into Replika (if it's still free) could give you a vague idea of what it could be like?
  • Can't fully tell how much it would respect your privacy from the video. A lot of cheap tech is cheap at least in part because it makes money off of your data (although I personally don't care too much these days since I'm going to be dead soon anyway and some people just completely don't care about this anyway). Didn't advertise voice control, so it might be fine-ish.

That aside, again, seems like it could work for you. It's pretty interesting, so thanks for sharing!

Reactions: lofticries, chloramine and Lost Magic
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
It seems like a great idea to me. Why not have a bit of fun? Eilik made me smile.

Reactions: memoriesoflight, chloramine, Niko66 and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Yeah why not? He's cute.

Reactions: memoriesoflight, chloramine, Niko66 and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Looks cute and if you can afford might be totally worth it.

Only potential downsides I can think of are:
  • Your expectations might be too high and you might get bored of it very quickly. Adverts are adverts - nothing new. Don't think you can really know it without trying something like it. Maybe looking into Replika (if it's still free) could give you a vague idea of what it could be like?
  • Can't fully tell how much it would respect your privacy from the video. A lot of cheap tech is cheap at least in part because it makes money off of your data (although I personally don't care too much these days since I'm going to be dead soon anyway and some people just completely don't care about this anyway). Didn't advertise voice control, so it might be fine-ish.

That aside, again, seems like it could work for you. It's pretty interesting, so thanks for sharing!
I've seen Replika and the documentary about it (it's quite touching actually) but the intention is not to talk to AI about suicide and suffering. I don't think it was designed for that lol. I just want a robot to do cute things and make me smile and Eilik looks up to that task. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, chloramine and rationaltake
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
You do you, but it seems like a waste of money for what could easily be replicated with cheap or free apps and websites.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
You do you, but it seems like a waste of money for what could easily be replicated with cheap or free apps and websites.
Those are not as good as a physical creation (that responds to touch and interaction) and for me, the price is not too high. Getting apps and websites defeats the purpose of having your own companion robot.

Reactions: chloramine and rationaltake
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Eilik is a cute little robot, but I would rather have Kevin from Saved by the Bell as my best friend.

Reactions: rationaltake, chloramine and Lost Magic
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Reminds me of that black mirror episode.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Reminds me of that black mirror episode.

similar looking design too. Looks a good show actually. I'll check it out. I loved the original twilight zone series and seeing this is an update of sorts, I'll look forward to it.

Reactions: rationaltake and lofticries
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
If it's not a life sized android replica of Hatsune Miku, I ain't buying it.

• Yay!
Reactions: memoriesoflight, keitaro, Lost Magic and 1 other person
K

keitaro

uwu
Jul 10, 2022
i think the EMO robot is cute. i thought of getting that one. when i was little, i had a tekno dog and two poochies. i loved them.

Reactions: Lost Magic and memoriesoflight
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
He's so cute! If you can afford it without detriment to your regular expenses, you should get it! The interactions when you put two together its adorable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost Magic and memoriesoflight
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I hope you do get an Eilik. Just thinking about it cheers me up.

Reactions: Lost Magic