• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

bcl001

Dec 6, 2023
If you are fortunate enough to have those that care about you, how do you reconcile with the knowledge that you are hurting them by leaving this world.

This is something I'm having trouble coming to grips with. When I contemplate my CTB, I do not mourn for myself, but for those I will leave behind who have to pick up the pieces. To me, my life means nothing, but to others, I know this isn't the case.

In one sense I recognize that it's selfish to willingly inflict harm on those around me, in the other sense I can't keep living my life for the sake of others.

I try to convince myself that we're all just monkeys who got to smart for our own good. Our existence has no meaning, at the end of the day we all die and I'm just accelerating that for one smart monkey out of 8 billion others. People die everyday. Also that by dying my wealth could be used to help countless others in need who actually desire to be in this world.

Sometimes this cuts through the guilt, sometimes it doesn't. How do others think about this?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, Forever Sleep, gantaigarashi and 5 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you are fortunate enough to have those that care about you, how do you reconcile with the knowledge that you are hurting them by leaving this world.
the pain that my family would feel when i ctb is nothing compared to everything I've been through in my lifetime
after everything they've put me through i don't care how they would feel

• Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, Idon'tknowwhattodo, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
If you care abt others, it will probably be something you will never fully get over. It will always be there. During my attempts, I told myself that I just need to be selfish and get it over with. You have to push yourself hard to do it bc no matter what, it will hurt them.
I think it is a lose-lose situation. It is selfish to die and it is selfish for them to keep you alive. When my fiancé asks if they are being selfish for trying to make me stay, I tell them it is just as selfish for me to ctb.
I can become so enveloped in the pain that nothing else matters but death. That is what I did to forget about what will happen to others when I die. I wish death wasn't so damn taboo because maybe then it wouldn't be so hard on others to accept a dead loved one.

• Love
Reactions: dogbreath, Buildingsandcastles, notforl0ng and 3 others
C

coinflip

Jan 30, 2024
I've been seeing a therapist for a while, and for a brief while I also used an app to track my feelings. Both the therapist and the app made a point to me that all feelings, good and bad, are temporary. Pain is temporary. Some people on this site may disagree, and maybe for them they're correct. But I think for myself and many others, it is temporary. It will come and go like the tide. Unfortunately for me that doesn't help. The pain I feel right now fucking sucks, but it's not the reason I'm planning to CTB.

If and when my time comes, my family and friends will feel pain too. But it will be temporary. I'd rather be stuck with a compelling reason to live and deal with that pain, rather than my current situation, but I'm accepting that I no longer have one. The people in my life that I care about have other reasons to keep going, so as much as it may hurt them initially, they'll survive.

And hell, even if they don't, I have the choice to live or not, and I want to have that choice. If they want that choice too, so be it.

• Love
Reactions: wCvML2, Buildingsandcastles and bcl001
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I can't justify to myself leaving my Dad. I think it would devastate him, so I'm waiting for him to go first. Practically speaking, I've tried to keep most other people distant and, I haven't formed any new friendships for years. I literally haven't seen most of these people for 5, 10, some 20+ years.

It still isn't a nice thought that it could really upset people. It shouldn't be a total shock though. Friends especially know my ideation began in childhood. I'm just really hoping they will bear in mind that I hung on for 34 years.

I want to leave notes for the major people in my life and I'm going to try and ask them the odd request to try to be happy for me. That life simply isn't for everyone and that it was something I wanted for a long time. That I really valued their friendship but ultimately- you can't live your life solely for the sake of others indefinitely. I just hope that by describing my situation, they will be more willing to see it from my point of view. Also- to alleviate any guilt that there's things they could have done to stop me.