wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
Hey everyone. So I'm aware that a .22 caliber pistol is not enough on its own to ensure a successful suicide attempt. Currently, though, it's the only gun I have access to. However, I also have this tall set of cliffs near my house (200-500 ft high). You can get right out there and stand/sit at the edge. If I sat/stood at the edge of the cliffs and put the gun in my mouth (Budd Dwyer style), do you think the fall combined with the bullet would be enough to ensure a successful attempt?

• Hugs
Reactions: cosmic_traveler
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Hey everyone. So I'm aware that a .22 caliber pistol is not enough on its own to ensure a successful suicide attempt. Currently, though, it's the only gun I have access to. However, I also have this tall set of cliffs near my house (200-500 ft high). You can get right out there and stand/sit at the edge. If I sat/stood at the edge of the cliffs and put the gun in my mouth (Budd Dwyer style), do you think the fall combined with the bullet would be enough to ensure a successful attempt?
Hello!
Since both methods are not reliable, their combination dont exactly ensure a better efficacy. If it fails the outcome would be awfull.
Please reconsider.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No one could survive a 500ft fall

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
There really is no 100% guarantee in any method unless it's MAID. There is very low chance of surviving a fall from that hight and combining it could increase your success rate (though an overkill), granted you don't fall the wrong way from the shot.

L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
No one could survive a 500ft fall
The problem is that he said a range starting from 200 ft. Also, We dont know if its a direct fall, if there is tree in the ground etc

Last edited:
Reactions: UKscotty
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The problem is that he said a range starting from 200 ft. We dont know if its a direct fall, if there is tree in the ground etc
We have to give people some credit, I'm sure people would check first that it's onto concrete.

Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
People that fall from great heights report time dilation. What only takes a few moments, feels like it's stretched into eternity. Even if you manage to hit your brain stem, that moment before life leaves your body could still feel like an eternity falling.

We're not trying to discourage or encourage you to do anything. But maybe we could recommend you do some research on Near Death Experiences. They're not all bad and may even find comfort in them.

Whatever you decide. We wish you peace. Big hugs. Be well on your journey.

wistfulness

wistfulness

Nov 15, 2023
Hello!
Since both methods are not reliable, their combination dont exactly ensure a better efficacy. If it fails the outcome would be awfull.
Please reconsider.
Do you think hanging would be a better alternative for me?

L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Do you think hanging would be a better alternative for me?
I recommend reading the PPH essentials to find out which method suits you:

Also you can check all megathreads and analyse the possibilities:

Unfortunately, CTB is not easy and it requires some planning in order to be effective.

Good luck!