B

Bufo

Apr 19, 2023
Would freezing to death in very cold water be quick and painless if I drink a lot of alcohol?

Reactions: Kit1
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
That's interesting. I knew a guy who got drunk and passed out in his car on cold night. He froze to death. Not intentional. I don't think he could have felt much
If you're in water I think you would drown before you froze to death
And I have heard drowning is the worst suffering death

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and TimetoGo!
B

Bufo

Apr 19, 2023
Sleeping while freezing to death would be extra good. I thought of lying in shallow water because water cools fast. I don't know if it is cold enough where I live to freeze overnight by air. If temperature is sub 0°C (water freezes) I assume frost bite sets in harshly before one loses consciousness and organs malfunction. So water abough 0°C could be safer if survival instincts force one to retreat.
What do you think?

• Hugs
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
That's interesting. I knew a guy who got drunk and passed out in his car on cold night. He froze to death. Not intentional. I don't think he could have felt much
If you're in water I think you would drown before you froze to death
And I have heard drowning is the worst suffering death
😂😂😂😂

"Drowning is the worst suffering death"……..think about what you are telling people. Thats utter bollocks.

I could name about 15/20 methods much much nastier than drowning.

Drowning is a panic of 3/4 minutes before you pass out, and thats if you have not sedated yourself as well. No one says it will be a pleasant experience but ZERO suicide is a pleasant experience, zero!!

Everyone needs to accept some pain and uncomfort is inevitable with death…….but id love to know where you read drowning is the worst. Its just isn't
Would freezing to death in very cold water be quick and painless if I drink a lot of alcohol?
Why not do it in warm water?

• Hugs
StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
No definitely not if you are sober, I do watersports and also do them in winter and getting to cold is really not a nice way to die.
You would first go into shock if the water is cold enough and after like 2-3 minutes if the water is 0-3 degrees you would start to cramp up so then you are not able to swim and eventually drown. With enough alcehol you prob wouldn't feel it although it really isn't a nice setting. I don't k ow you or your situation but I would rather hang myself with some nice relaxing music after I smoked some weed at sunrise or sunset or something.

But it's all up to you and maybe just try to hang in a little longer, if you need someone to talk my messages are open ❤️

(Edit)
Only now saw your if you drink a lot of alcehol but I've done that aswell. You don't feel pretty much anything if you drink enough but trust me there are probably better ways

• Hugs
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
😂😂😂😂

"Drowning is the worst suffering death"……..think about what you are telling people. Thats utter bollocks.
Perhaps, such rumors are spread by pro-lifers. They can't ban lakes and bathtubs, so playing on the fear of suffering is the only "weapon" they can try to use against us. Cold water is not an optimal choice though, since it can provoke leg cramps with very intense pain.
Drowning is a panic of 3/4 minutes before you pass out, and thats if you have not sedated yourself as well.
The presence of panic is questionable too. Negative experiences of non-suicidal people don't count, since they could be afraid of death regardless of how peacefully it would come.
Everyone needs to accept some pain and uncomfort is inevitable with death
Drowning in warm water under the effect of some substances can be quite good. I don't understand people who are fanatically obsessed with luxurious death though. I wouldn't mind a moderate discomfort if it's necessary for making the job done, since some common medical procedures are unpleasant too.

Reactions: Reuthry
LunarLynx

LunarLynx

Just a lost spirit searching freedom
Dec 18, 2023
Btw, with alcohol it's not a good idea. Alcohol heat your body a lot, so you resist much much longer. A few years ago I heard from someone (an online story) who had a car crash and his leg was completely frozen. After several hours in the Snow and Ice. He was taken to the hospital completely unconscious and was saved by the alcohol in his blood

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Btw, with alcohol it's not a good idea. Alcohol heat your body a lot, so you resist much much longer.
Alcohol can contribute to hypothermia, since it causes vasodilation, so the body loses heat faster than usually.

LunarLynx

LunarLynx

Just a lost spirit searching freedom
Dec 18, 2023
Alcohol can contribute to hypothermia, since it causes vasodilation, so the body loses heat faster than usually.
okay I see, sorry for not being informed enough on the subject, I red the article blindly ig

B

Bufo

Apr 19, 2023
Thank you for the link!
A bath tub with 59F/15°C running water should work. Alcohol would prevent pain and suppress shivering. Frostbite doesn't seem to be an issue at temperatures above freezing point:
It could even be 100F, 38°C in the tub at the beginning as long as cold water runs. The warmer water in the tub moves upwards due to lower density and goes into the overrun sewer. As I undestand unconsciousness sets in way before dying. On the other thread I found this table:
If one doesnt move much at all the times should be lower I guess. Drowning could be prevented by securing ones position in the tub (or shallow water).
I don't see anything why tap water + alcohol ( + maybe sleeping pills) shouldn't work painlessly and safely overnight.

islandsmurf_999

islandsmurf_999

She was the one with the broken smile.
Dec 20, 2023
Charles Joughin survived the Titanic by drinking a lot of alcohol and then while everyone froze to death he was still alive for like three hours tho.

B

Bufo

Apr 19, 2023
Thanks! By vasodilation the alcohol must have enabled him to keep swimming and producing fresh heat. Without alcohol the body gives up on the extremities first.
Wiki:
The actual cause of death in cold water is usually the bodily reactions to heat loss and to freezing water, rather than hypothermia (loss of core temperature) itself. For example, plunged into freezing seas, around 20% of victims die within two minutes from cold shock (uncontrolled rapid breathing, and gasping, causing water inhalation, massive increase in blood pressure and cardiac strain leading to cardiac arrest, and panic); another 50% die within 15–30 minutes from cold incapacitation: inability to use or control limbs and hands for swimming or gripping, as the body "protectively" shuts down the peripheral muscles of the limbs to protect its core.[39]

So without moving I assume alcohol would just accelerate hypothermia.
The only thing that now worries me are side effects like confusion before losing consciousness.

Reactions: raindrops