umjammertranner

umjammertranner

Not your friend
Mar 25, 2023
I recently underwent surgery and was given Codeine Phosphate to manage the pain, now that it's finally dying down I have about 1.7g of tablets spare (56 x 30mg tablets)
I looked up online and the fatal dose is estimated to be around 800mg,

I'm not actively suicidal at the moment but I do have a prep box for when I believe it's my time to go, do you guys think this would do the trick? And also how would it feel? Ideally i'd just conk out quickly and die in my sleep. Also what do you think of the method in general?

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
Opiates and opioids are generally not recommended because if you're found then the OD can easily be reversed with Narcan. Also, if you're not a habitual user, that amount of codeine taken orally (which is the only way it can be taken) is most likely going to cause vomiting.

Reactions: umjammertranner and It'sNotLookingGood
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You Know I Couldn't Last
Mar 1, 2020
Opiates and opioids are generally not recommended because if you're found then the OD can easily be reversed with Narcan. Also, if you're not a habitual user, that amount of codeine taken orally (which is the only way it can be taken) is most likely going to cause vomiting.
Correct! Risk of vomiting would be huge.
If found, you would also be easily saved with Narcan.

My science might be a little shakey here, but:
Codeine is converted to morphine by the CYP2D6 enzyme in your liver.
And any dose higher than 400mg is not going to be properly metabolised and absorbed into the bloodstream.

IV is the only reliable method for opiods OD, as you need the whole dose to enter your bloodstream and all at once.
(you aren't gonna be able to IV codeine pills)
Pills are going to kick in slowly, and you won't necessarily convert enough codeine to morphine in order to OD.

Reliability of the method is therefore lessened, and risk of doing permanent damage to yourself without dying is heightened.

I would not recommend trying to CTB with codeine pills.