cactusflower

cactusflower

here but not here
Apr 19, 2023
For the first time ever in my life my mom has finally taken a moment to understand me. She even apologized for all the wrong she did to me growing up. It turns out she's been engaging in therapy and taking prescribed meds for a while now, and I feel like this is the reason she came to this conclusion about me. It honestly feels surreal.

My therapist also provided a lot of clarity on some issues I've been having. My ex tried to diagnose me with BPD despite a severe lack of me yal health professional experience or any college / higher education experience at all. I think I'm getting a clearer picture now that him breaking up with me and cutting me off was probably the best thing to happen because I'm realizing how abusive and manipulative he actually was to me. I can't believe he gaslit me so long into thinking I'm a bad person for setting boundaries and voicing discomfort. Fuck him.

Anyway, I feel like this is a real turnaround. I hope it leads to me leaving this site for good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, cgrtt.brns, carac and 1 other person
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sounds like you are getting free from a lot of stuff that was bringing you down. If you are getting control of your life, you may want to experiment with different things to see what direction to set your course.

Reactions: Celerity