• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

carbanak

Dec 28, 2023
Hi everyone. I bought a Mossberg Maverick 88 along with Federal Shorty Shotshell #4 buckshot and Federal 2 and 3/4 inch powershok slugs. I have read through the firearm thread about the importance of hitting the brainstem and not ending up like some survivors who have severely disfigured themselves. The gun seems longer than what I expected and it seems the only way to get the desired angle is by sitting down at bed height, stock on the ground and barrel in mouth. The angle of the barrel is a concern, it seems to be about 45 degrees, and I have to use full arms length reach to push the trigger down with my finger. How can I make sure I get the right angle? And is buckshot the way to go? Initially I wanted to stick with slugs because they seem less grisly being closer to a regular bullet. But the chances of screwing up with the slug is higher I imagine. I've looked up diagrams of the brainstem, but still can't pinpoint exactly what angle that translates to going into the mouth. Firearm experts please weigh in.

I would have preferred a handgun for compactness, but I need a permit for one where I live.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I think you can't really fail with a shotgun by aiming in your mouth. It will destroy your whole head no matter the angle

Reactions: worthIess
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
I think you can't really fail with a shotgun by aiming in your mouth. It will destroy your whole head no matter the angle

It's hard for me to conceive of in your mouth pointed slightly upwards with a shotgun failing. Maybe if you flinched so badly that it went thru yr cheek, but even then i think the explosion alone would kill you. Most failures are those who shot under the jaw.

Don't use the shorty shotshell. The 2 3/4 inch slug is much better. Better still would be a 3 inch buckshot shell, if your gun accepts that size. This should b obvious just by comparing their respective sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: seekingrelease22
C

carbanak

Dec 28, 2023
It's hard for me to conceive of in your mouth pointed slightly upwards with a shotgun failing. Maybe if you flinched so badly that it went thru yr cheek, but even then i think the explosion alone would kill you. Most failures are those who shot under the jaw.

Don't use the shorty shotshell. The 2 3/4 inch slug is much better. Better still would be a 3 inch buckshot shell, if your gun accepts that size. This should b obvious just by comparing their respective sizes.
The shorty shotshell is pretty well reviewed for the punch it packs with minimal recoil. I know recoil technically doesn't matter, but still... The other type of failure is somehow missing vital areas and turning yourself into a vegetable opposed to blowing your jaw off. Less likely with buckshot, more likely with a slug. But even then, buckshot at such close range has a very small spread.
Following this thread. I hope it's just as easy as "aim in mouth, you'll probably get it right" but I know damn well nothing in life is that easy.
Amen. Don't look up those failed shotgun suicide case studies
The firearm thread says the problem even going into the mouth is aiming too high. I guess the conception we have of shotguns just obliterating watermelons and such is flawed.

Last edited:
Reactions: seekingrelease22
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The shorty shotshell is pretty well reviewed for the punch it packs with minimal recoil. I know recoil technically doesn't matter, but still... The other type of failure is somehow missing vital areas and turning yourself into a vegetable opposed to blowing your jaw off. Less likely with buckshot, more likely with a slug. But even then, buckshot at such close range has a very small spread.

The firearm thread says the problem even going into the mouth is aiming too high. I guess the conception we have of shotguns just obliterating watermelons and such is flawed.
Unless you aim up through the jaw there shouldn't be a problem

C

carbanak

Dec 28, 2023
Unless you aim up through the jaw there shouldn't be a problem
So, stock on the ground, barrel up. And head tilted down with mouth around the barrel? Parallel to the base of the jaw?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
So, stock on the ground, barrel up. And head tilted down with mouth around the barrel? Parallel to the base of the jaw?
Dude I honestly have no idea. I'm prolly going with shotgun as well and just gonna put it in my mouth aiming at the brain stem tilted slightly upward

B

Boardwalk

Oct 12, 2023

I saw this video in the mega thread and it's pretty graphic from what you can see-

It would be insanely difficult to survive from what it looks like and he didn't seem to do it at the right angle either.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
I saw this video in the mega thread and it's pretty graphic from what you can see-

It would be insanely difficult to survive from what it looks like and he didn't seem to do it at the right angle either.

Yes, shotguns are devestating at point blank range. No reason to think that was a "shorty" shotshell (the post you responded to). Another reason not to use a "shorty" is that besides being much less powerful it is also likely to be much less reliable in a shotgun designed for normal sized shells.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

Holy shit his brain blew up like a watermelon