• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

cjruhand

Jan 24, 2024
This question popped up during registration and also appears in my Preferences:

"Are you using a proxy/VPN/Tor?"

Am I being asked if I'm behind a proxy/VPN/Tor at the moment of registration or if I will be behind one while I'm browsing the forum after account approval?

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
They are asking if you are using one when you register. They reject your application if you try to use one when signing up unless you come from a country that blocks the site. You can use a VPN/ Tor after your account is approved. A lot of members do.

C

cjruhand

Jan 24, 2024
What about after approval? Because that page still exists in the account "Preferences". Do you change the selection from "No" to "Yes" or just leave it as "No" despite switching on the proxy/VPN/Tor after approval?

Last edited:
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
just leave it, use a vpn or not as you like after registration
They are asking if you are using one when you register. They reject your application if you try to use one when signing up unless you come from a country that blocks the site. You can use a VPN/ Tor after your account is approved. A lot of members do.
Actually why do a lot of members do that?
Like, it's not like its an illegal site that's monitored or anything like that.
Unless your ISP blocks connections to SaSu, why bother?

Last edited:
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
just leave it, use a vpn or not as you like after registration

Actually why do a lot of members do that?
Like, it's not like its an illegal site that's monitored or anything like that.
Unless your ISP blocks connections to SaSu, why bother?
ISPs can track the websites you visit and could report you to authorities if you visit too much times legal but "borderline" websites, like the ones who host different suicide methods safe guides.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
ISPs can track the websites you visit and could report you to authorities if you visit too much times legal but "borderline" websites, like the ones who host different suicide methods safe guides.
wow, glad I don't live in those countries where they do things like that

T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
I'm new here and I'm using Tor browser, but it's so slooow! Can I use Brave and be as secure? Thanks.

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Short answer, no.
Brave is just a normal browser like chrome or firefox, Brave itself collects less data on your browsing behaviour but it does nothing to the data that leaves your computer.
That said, depending on where you live u don't need to use tor in the first place.
In most countries you won't get into trouble even for visiting illegal websites - which SaSu is not (in most countries at least) - the website is.
But yea it really depends on where you live and what your legal situation is.
I'm new here and I'm using Tor browser, but it's so slooow! Can I use Brave and be as secure? Thanks.