• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

are you/would you consider yourself chronically online ?

• yes

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
how many of the users here are chronically online ?

I have a feeling that many of them are due to some outlandish hypothetical questions or discussions that aren't really thought of or had outside of the internet

unless they're in a niche group or tend to indulge in the same content over and over both online and outside of the internet

but I do not want to make any assumptions

I thought I would be chronically online due to not having any outside of the internet friends

but I am not

I do not know if not having or using social media is a reason why I am not but also many people who are chronically online also do not use social media or the typical/well known forms of it

how does one even become chronically online?

even though I like to observe many online subcultures (wholesome ones, weird ones, and dangerous ones) that one would consider chronically online

I still do not understand how one becomes that way / a universal answer for such a label because each online subculture is different

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
how does one even become chronically online?
i moved in with someone that doesnt go outside
lacking support growing up (i didnt sign up for any school activities because of my parents. i would have signed up for almost everything if i could have) and here
not having my own license/money
extreme social anxiety/minor agoraphobia
not having the physical strength due to lack of sleep, anorexia

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I still do not understand how one becomes that way / a universal answer for such a label because each online subculture is different
nothing tying us to the real world🧸so we submerge ourselves in the Internet bc we can, & we have nothing better to do.

as for ur 2nd confusion, yes every subculture's diff, but the main reason's the same. nothing rlly tying em to the real world, so they immerse themselves in the Internet, whichever part of it they chose.

Last edited:
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I like reading about almost anything. I'm addicted to googling all sorts of random things... going down various rabbit holes etc.

I do like going outdoors to walk the dog or go running, but I'm a loner so yeah pretty much addicted to the internet. It doesn't really bother me, I don't see it as a problem. Lack of a normal social life could be a problem, but I'm too far gone at this point. I am what I am.

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I was chronically online from September to February due to seasonal depression, forums are my only cope. I made a similar thread on another forum regarding it
Now that springs near I don't really frequent forums

A

absntaknwldgmnt

Mar 6, 2024
I definitely think I am chronically online. I think it adds to my depression even but not connecting with others around me also adds to it. Its a catch-22

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I fear my online status has gone terminal although I'm not on Tik Tok or anything like that at least.

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
I like reading about almost anything. I'm addicted to googling all sorts of random things... going down various rabbit holes etc.

I do like going outdoors to walk the dog or go running, but I'm a loner so yeah pretty much addicted to the internet. It doesn't really bother me, I don't see it as a problem. Lack of a normal social life could be a problem, but I'm too far gone at this point. I am what I am.
I feel as though I am the same as you when I read this reply

I too like to browse the internet googling just about anything to see where it takes me or browsing archives of just about anything for most of the day if I have the energy to do so

maybe I am also addicted but cannot see it

the only way I could probably see or realize that is seeing my lack of a normal social life as well and the problems and consequences that could come with that

but instead of feeling bad or worried about that or wanting to change that or attempting to socialize with people

I no longer want to anymore in other words I am also probably too far gone as the years have progressed although I do not mind small talk and brief conversation I have learned to live without it involuntarily to voluntarily

sorry for such a long reply/ramble I just related to this reply a lot/it made me think
nothing tying us to the real world🧸so we submerge ourselves in the Internet bc we can, & we have nothing better to do.
after I re-read this specific part of your reply it is pretty interesting and can be thought of in a different way from a suicidal perspective

or maybe it just me who thinks this way

but the deletion of all social media platforms except YouTube and this site if it counts

makes me feel as though I also am not tied to the real world in a way

and it is the easiest way for me and maybe probably a few others to pretend we do not exist / delete ourselves and are just bystanders to the happenings in the world especially if one doesn't want to see the world as it is anymore and it is just too painful for them

this probably didn't make any sense though I do not know how to explain it but hopefully someone understands or can think about it more thoroughly than me

I guess what I am trying to explain or what I'm thinking of is kind of like the trope in some fantasy genres where dying on the internet means that you also die IRL blah blah blah

Last edited:
Reactions: Captive_Mind515
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Not as much as before. It's more difficult stay online. There are many hurdles to slow you down, e.g. the "verify you are human" challenges. It's really frustrating. You may argue, the internet has become much faster. But at the same time, there are more videos with robot voice and stock images. There are more space and useless JavaScript in web pages.

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Not as much as before. It's more difficult stay online. There are many hurdles to slow you down, e.g. the "verify you are human" challenges. It's really frustrating. You may argue, the internet has become much faster. But at the same time, there are more videos with robot voice and stock images. There are more space and useless JavaScript in web pages.
I take advantage of all the bookmarks and Chrome extensions available to me. (remember to archive/save)