Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
There's nothing worse than having your enemy be yourself - not your body, or even circumstance, but your own mind. You can't escape it, because it's woven inside you.

It kills you while ensuring you remain alive long enough to watch. Only once it has taken everything from you will it allow you to find the despair necessary to finish the job it started.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, pepe_felipe, february in alaska and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really dreadful what you are going through, it's cruel how people have to suffer so much in this existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, Dolphin55 and myusername890
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I believe this to be certainly true.Especially mental illnesses with high treatment refractory patients like OCD and schizophrenia. I have the former and I truly believe it to be one of the most insufferable condition on this earth since it's almost impossible to completely remit from it

I would trade my illness for many other less insufferable conditions even losing my legs would be less insufferable in my opinion

• Hugs
Reactions: Dolphin55 and Daxter_87
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
My OCD ruined my life; it was too darn late by the time I realized that it was in fact a medical condition and treatments for it always existed. This is why I have no more hope or joy left in my life anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: Dolphin55 and Daxter_87
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
I believe this to be certainly true.Especially mental illnesses with high treatment refractory patients like OCD and schizophrenia. I have the former and I truly believe it to be one of the most insufferable condition on this earth since it's almost impossible to completely remit from it

I would trade my illness for many other less insufferable conditions even losing my legs would be less insufferable in my opinion
Yeah, I would also trade my mental illnesses for something like losing my legs. You can still have a full life even if you're physically disabled…mentally, not so much

Reactions: divinemistress36
R

rainyraes

Oct 29, 2023
There's nothing worse than having your enemy be yourself - not your body, or even circumstance, but your own mind. You can't escape it, because it's woven inside you.

It kills you while ensuring you remain alive long enough to watch. Only once it has taken everything from you will it allow you to find the despair necessary to finish the job it started.
I completely agree; at times it feels like I don't have an illness anymore. It's just who I am, you know?

Reactions: Dolphin55
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yeah, I would also trade my mental illnesses for something like losing my legs. You can still have a full life even if you're physically disabled…mentally, not so much
I think this all the time

Reactions: Dolphin55