P

Poi3

Jan 25, 2020
I'm interested in how many people here suffer from a chronic illness? The hopelessness and uncertainty of it all is what's brought me here. How many are the same?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, mooncake, Cowtipper and 22 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Bipolar disorder II. No cure in sight. It's the main reason I'm here, since it's not only a pain in itself, but also has engendered many other problems, most notably social ones.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, Schweppes, toomuchtimetodie and 5 others
HoolioCoolio

HoolioCoolio

Stay in a strong place in your mind
Mar 4, 2020
I'm interested in how many people here suffer from a chronic illness? The hopelessness and uncertainty of it all is what's brought me here. How many are the same?
I can confirm I'm here for the pain and the weird sensations it brings

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie, mediocre and 3 others
Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
I suffer Chronic Rhino-Sinusitis. It's horrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie, mediocre and 5 others
S

Searchinghope

Mar 14, 2020
I am hiv positive. My partner gave it to me before blocking me. Though that's not the only reason.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, YellowSneakers, SipSop and 12 others
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
Psoriasis and tinnitus. Both have definitely dampened my quality of life, though I wouldn't say that's my sole reason for being here. I was depressed and thought about suicide before those conditions became a thing with me. It's just more diarrhea to dump on top of the shit cake that is my life.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, _Minsk, Lostandlooking and 8 others
sinpiel

sinpiel

damaged people gravitate towards damaged people..
Mar 28, 2020

that is the biggest reason, especially the chronic nerve pain..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie and 3 others
tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
I have tinnitus. It's the main reason for my suicidal thoughts.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, Campari, toomuchtimetodie and 6 others
Nohopeinhell

Nohopeinhell

Mar 1, 2020
I have what they call "The Suicide Disease" (CRPS)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cowtipper, Hyperbunny and 5 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Chronic pain from scoliosis. Bad enough some days I can't even make it through a meal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, peacefully31425, toomuchtimetodie and 7 others
rasputin

rasputin

chronically ill
Mar 28, 2020
I feel you and empathize deeply. My mast cell disease is by far the most debilitating. I also have POTS, EBV, IBS, Arthritis, Esophagitis, Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, and Lyme. Life is a revolving door of anaphylaxis, horrific neuropathic pain, cardiac events, headaches, vomiting, hives, bone pain, chronic fatigue, and insomnia.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cowtipper, JohnDoe555 and 11 others
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Bipolar disorder II. No cure in sight. It's the main reason I'm here, since it's not only a pain in itself, but also has engendered many other problems, most notably social ones.

Bipolar I here, I understand your pain and I'm so sorry. It's a really difficult illness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, _Minsk, toomuchtimetodie and 4 others
P

Poi3

Jan 25, 2020
I'm sorry you're all going through these afflictions too. Life is hard enough without added burdens.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper, _Minsk, SipSop and 5 others
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
same, would be here if I had my health.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie, AcornUnderground and 3 others
I

ItHurts

Mar 24, 2020
I do. Tinnitus, hyperacusis and floaters.
All 3 are pretty bad Id say. But if they stay at the same level, I could probably learn to live with them.
But the uncertainty of when and how they'll get worse to life altering levels is what creates the suicidal thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie and Weeping Garbage Can
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
MDD and anxiety disorder. antidepressant doesnt work for me and ive been taking benzo for so long i have reached tolerance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
A

Antibody246

Mar 26, 2020
I am the elephant man of chronic and auto-immune diseases.

Hashimoto's, IBS, Insomnia, Nocturia, Hemorrhoids, Erosive gastritis, Fatty liver disease, Schizophrenia, Benzodiapines addiction, viruses, intestinal parasites, toxoplasmosis, Herpes, HPV, Hepatitis G, back pain, brain fog, hair loss, eye floaters, miopia, autism, Over-reactive Bladder, Psychiatric drugs nerve damages and so on...
Life is a pain :-(

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cowtipper, Hyperbunny and 12 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I have a few chronic illnesses including one that's terminal. It makes it easier to explain my intention to kill myself, so ... okay.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cowtipper, RileyTanaka, toomuchtimetodie and 4 others
I

ItHurts

Mar 24, 2020
Things i would give to have a terminal illness.
Which will just take me in months

• Hmph!
Reactions: Cowtipper, toomuchtimetodie and Halo13
N

not.happy201

Dec 20, 2019
I have had Tinnitus since 4 years. It keeps giving me many mental problems.

My life is becoming more and more miserable, and there is no one or nothing that can or will be able to help me, in the foreseeable future. I am trying to wait it out for the right moment, and directly commit suicide or catch some terminal disease, etc.

Knowing that I am about to die peacefully soon, would be a brilliant scenario for me, but patience is the virtue. I don't know how long will I have to live like this, and this is the worst feeling, as I am still in my 20's.

• Hugs
Reactions: toomuchtimetodie and Weeping Garbage Can
Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I have a crap ton of chronic symptoms and problems, but doctors can't diagnose me. All I have is bits and pieces of clues as to what is wrong with me, and its infuriating and hopeless.

Scoliosis, a bad immune system, all kinds of skin problems, chronic shoulder and neck pain, fatigue, sexual dysfunction, brain fog, under weight, unable to gain mass, puffy face most the times, IBS, frequent constipation, tinkling in my feet and hands, sleep problems, unable to burp, and goes on and on.

Please throw fire on me. I am a biological mess...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: JohnDoe555, lex, toomuchtimetodie and 6 others
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Things i would give to have a terminal illness.
Which will just take me in months
I have an incurable, progressive disease. Living through months of hell having a terminal or chronic condition/illness is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is agony - mentally, physically and emotionally draining to do the most simple daily activities while forced to endure a slow death. A minute can feel like a day, a day can feel like a week, a month like a year. It is torture, not a relief.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, JohnDoe555, _Minsk and 11 others
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
My illness ruined my life along with other things. Would have escaped from this situation long ago if I didn't have the illness.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: JohnDoe555, _Minsk, toomuchtimetodie and 6 others
I

ItHurts

Mar 24, 2020
I have an incurable, progressive disease. Living through months of hell having a terminal or chronic condition/illness is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is agony - mentally, physically and emotionally draining to do the most simple daily activities while forced to endure a slow death. A minute can feel like a day, a day can feel like a week, a month like a year. It is torture, not a relief.
Oh I get you, completely. I have 3 chronic/ progressive, incurable conditions. I absolutely relate to a minute feeling like a day and what's it like to live with them. That's why I said "terminal", because my conditions are chronic. I can't live another 50-60 years with them. So anything "terminal", like cancer or shit is welcoming so I can atleast fucking die!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, tryingtoescape, Dwna25 and 7 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
These threads get to me the most. Seeing in print all the names of chronic illnesses users here endure every day. Reading all your posts makes me gasp for air. There's such a lot of pain in the world..

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Bauhaus, Ἡγησίας and 7 others
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
Yes, Sjögrens Syndrome - a severe case. Incurable, progressive. It has destroyed my tear, salivary and exocrine glands as well as my skin and hair. It's also given me neuropathy, raynauds, tinnitus, and all over body muscle and arthritic pain. Cognitive impairment. Small children at home. It's a disaster to say the least.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Bauhaus, toomuchtimetodie and 7 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, oh yes. My body is a mess. Pain, fatigue, plus a million other symptoms. If I hadn't had to deal with this, maybe I could have carved out a normal life for myself. Who knows. Now I just suffer and wait for the courage to leave. I get closer the worse things get.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: peacefully31425, toomuchtimetodie, Arvinneedstodie and 4 others
L

lymestolemylife

Student
Nov 27, 2019
Chronic Lyme, Severe Nerve Pain, Chronic Migraines maybe 20-25% of the time, Chronic Nausea every day.. super strong.., Mast Cell Activation, can't stand any more feels like my spine is infected hurts to stand, Allergies to all foods except for a few veggies, blueberries eggs and beef. There is no pleasure, no pleasant feelings, only torture all the time every day.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, JohnDoe555, lex and 7 others
Cancún

Cancún

Experienced
Apr 20, 2020
tambien enermedad cronica todos los sintomas q t puedas imaginar , les aseguro que la mayoria de usyedes tienen esto debido a medicaciones prescriptas o sea no algo natural

Reactions: toomuchtimetodie
S

Silence

Apr 25, 2020
Multiple Sclerosis which progresses at a very fast rate, started with left side of my body numb now it has spread throughout my body, difficulty walking, sexual dysfunction, muscle atrophy, loss of sensation in my entire body and a lot of other life altering symptoms, waiting for my symptoms to worsen so I can finally have the courage to CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Meditation guide, WinterFaust and 4 others