• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
What are your plans for Christmas? Will you be joining in the festivities or do you wish you could cancel Christmas?

I can't get in a festive mood at all, haven't done any shopping and not put tree up. Might not bother this year.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
As long as i can manage not to scream, the rest is a big shrug.
I like the lights sometimes though
and the guiding star, it gets me.

I don't usually do much anyway, I've never really enjoyed Christmas, (as a grown-up) so it won't be too much of a change.
I told some people on chat I'd be here on the day so will follow through with that. Have some family stuff the weekend before but will be back at home alone on the day.

Does it bother you, spending Christmas day on your own?

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I will be (forced) to do something with my family. I personally wouldn't bother either. Just a day like every one else. But my family is "festive" when it comes to Christmas - decorations, food, presents...everything will be prepared.
I'm part of it because I live together with them and it's expected (otherwise my life would be made hell).

Because of Corona I already bought presents online and thankfully the preparation of food/the tree or other things aren't my tasks as I am too slow/good for nothing/clumsy.
I will just sit there quietly and fantasize I'd be somewhere else until it's over.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Not excited about it this year. Don't know what I'm gonna do. Stay home if I can, but I already ditched my folks on thanksgiving, and I feel kind of bad about that. I want to see my mom, but I really don't want to see my dad. And I have no money for gifts. 40k a year, and I'm living hand to mouth.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Christmas   Copy

Hooray my first Xmas gif, :smiling: I iwsh it was cancelled but there again it's for children and they have had a tough enough year as it is but I bought and delivered my presents early with Amazon so it's all sorted and no stress but to me it's just a roast dinner and I have one every Sunday but good excuse to eat tons of junk, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Christmas makes me anxious because of socializing and expectations and stuff

Yes, me too... but I made it clear a few years ago, to my family, that I'm not interested in parties and pubs anymore, so although they still ask me, there are no expectations and I just decline politely. I must admit though that I do get kinda jealous when I see the pics on social media, of all my family togather, having fun, and wish I wasn't such a social misfit. :(

Last edited:
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yes, me too... but I made it clear a few years ago, to my family, that I'm not interested in parties and pubs anymore, so although they still ask me, there are no expectations and I just decline politely. I must admit though that I do get kinda jealous when I see the pics on social media, of all my family togather, having fun, and wish I wasn't such a social misfit. :(
Since I live with my parents I'm pretty much forced to participate as I'm living under their roof speech etc

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I hate Christmas. Its the worst time of year for me. My depression always hits the worst low of all. I dread it and the urge to finally actually CTB is more intense than rest of year.
Reason - Christmas is very lonely and it reminds me of what I haven't got and can never have. It hurts.
I don't want any more of them. Want this to be the last.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Fifth Christmas alone due to chronic illness and an inability to travel. I always used to travel to be with family but now the shoe is on the other foot. No decorations, no tree, I cba with presents because I won't even get the pleasure of giving them, it's just an item to tick off a list and that's not right.
I expect I'll see my brother for a short time on the day and I expect my sister will call me. I may post some cards to show people I still think of them, but I know for a fact they'll only post any back out of guilt (except my brother and sister I guess). I expect I'll go for a walk and collect some leaf litter, as always. Say hi to some dogs which will annoy their owners. In the evening I'll probably get drunk and shitpost on here because it's the only company I have.

I used to spend Christmas morning on the motorway travelling to see my mum when she was alive then Christmas Day in her care home with her. After she died, I spent it with my sister and loved taking the dog out for a walk.

I think a lot more people than usual will be lonely this Christmas. It's a painful time of the year for many, especially on here. I'm still grateful however, that I currently have a roof over my head and food in my stomach; there are many who won't over Christmas or at any other time.
TBH, that loneliness is a small price to pay for me. I'm quite used to it even if it does suck. I'd prefer not to be alone, but I am, so hey.

Edit: no, I'm being unkind here: I have one friend who has always posted me a card, bless her, even when I utterly dropped off the radar. Only problem is she doesn't have my new address.

Last edited:
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Fifth Christmas alone due to chronic illness and an inability to travel. I always used to travel to be with family but now the shoe is on the other foot. No decorations, no tree, I cba with presents because I won't even get the pleasure of giving them, it's just an item to tick off a list and that's not right.
I expect I'll see my brother for a short time on the day and I expect my sister will call me. I may post some cards to show people I still think of them, but I know for a fact they'll only post any back out of guilt (except my brother and sister I guess). I expect I'll go for a walk and collect some leaf litter, as always. Say hi to some dogs which will annoy their owners. In the evening I'll probably get drunk and shitpost on here because it's the only company I have.

I used to spend Christmas morning on the motorway travelling to see my mum when she was alive then Christmas Day in her care home with her. After she died, I spent it with my sister and loved taking the dog out for a walk.

I think a lot more people than usual will be lonely this Christmas. It's a painful time of the year for many, especially on here. I'm still grateful however, that I currently have a roof over my head and food in my stomach; there are many who won't over Christmas or at any other time.
TBH, that loneliness is a small price to pay for me. I'm quite used to it even if it does suck. I'd prefer not to be alone, but I am, so hey.
I think it's fine if you spend Christmas on your own through choice, but to have to spend it alone because there's nobody to spend it with, must suck.
Couldn't you spend the day with your brother or sister?
Can I ask why the dog owners get annoyed with you for saying hi to their dogs? I love it when people make a fuss of my two.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Couldn't you spend the day with your brother or sister?
My brother and I get along better than we used to and now he is only five doors down. But he is very much a loner and emotionally detached. So his visit will be out of duty. We do see each other most days though. No, I can't travel and my sister is 200 miles away. She won't come here due to lockdown. TBH, after the events of me losing my home and ending up here, I've come to see my sister in a different light. I'm not entirely sure I want her company.
Can I ask why the dog owners get annoyed with you for saying hi to their dogs?
Some people love it and we stop and chat, usually the ones with really friendly dogs. But a few don't like it, especially the ones who keep their dogs on the lead and drag them on. I take my queue from the owner and the dog's attitude and either make a fuss or leave well alone.
But I always at least make myself open to saying hi to all dogs. LOL I had one the other day that came racing towards me like I was some long lost friend. He wouldn't leave me alone, I had to order him to go with his owner. She was a little bit perplexed, but fine with and just laughed.

Reactions: Silver
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
My brother and I get along better than we used to and now he is only five doors down. But he is very much a loner and emotionally detached. So his visit will be out of duty. We do see each other most days though. No, I can't travel and my sister is 200 miles away. She won't come here due to lockdown. TBH, after the events of me losing my home and ending up here, I've come to see my sister in a different light. I'm not entirely sure I want her company.

:(

Some people love it and we stop and chat, usually the ones with really friendly dogs. But a few don't like it, especially the ones who keep their dogs on the lead and drag them on. I take my queue from the owner and the dog's attitude and either make a fuss or leave well alone.
But I always at least make myself open to saying hi to all dogs. LOL I had one the other day that came racing towards me like I was some long lost friend. He wouldn't leave me alone, I had to order him to go with his owner. She was a little bit perplexed, but fine with and just laughed.

I think it's about time you got yourself a dog of your own as you obviously love them so much. They're great company and you'll get chatting with other dog owners and may even make some good friendships. :)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think it's about time you got yourself a dog of your own as you obviously love them so much. They're great company and you'll get chatting with other dog owners and may even make some good friendships. :)
I would dearly love to. Alas, I can barely take care of myself and may not be able to guarantee that I'd be able to give a dog the exercise it needs. I honestly feel like I couldn't handle the responsibility as I spend too much time managing my own chronic symptoms. I would only have a dog if I could be sure I could give it the good home it deserves. My sister has a sprocker though who is fantastic, utterly nuts, clever and cunning. I really hope I get to see him again soon. Until then it's making friends with all the local dogs. I say hi to cats too, but they tend to run away more :pfff:

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I would dearly love to. Alas, I can barely take care of myself and may not be able to guarantee that I'd be able to give a dog the exercise it needs. I honestly feel like I couldn't handle the responsibility as I spend too much time managing my own chronic symptoms. I would only have a dog if I could be sure I could give it the good home it deserves. My sister has a sprocker though who is fantastic, utterly nuts, clever and cunning. I really hope I get to see him again soon. Until then it's making friends with all the local dogs. I say hi to cats too, but they tend to run away more :pfff:

That's a shame, perhaps a couple of cats instead? They're fairly easy to look after and watching them. play together is great entertainment :)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That's a shame, perhaps a couple of cats instead? They're fairly easy to look after and watching them. play together is great entertainment :)
I have indeed considered a cat. I'm not as good on cats, I find the local cats pretty unfriendly. There is one however, that always meows when she sees me and comes running over. She's lovely and we always spend some time in each other's company. And my sister had a neighbours cat who spent all it's time round her house. She (the cat, not my sister) always came when her name was called and was very affectionate and loved to play. Lovely creature. If I could get a cat like that it'd be cool. There is a whole gaggle (possey?) of cats out back who just stalk each other all day. I wish they'd catch some of the bloody rats TBH.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I have indeed considered a cat. I'm not as good on cats, I find the local cats pretty unfriendly. There is one however, that always meows when she sees me and comes running over. She's lovely and we always spend some time in each other's company. And my sister had a neighbours cat who spent all it's time round her house. She (the cat, not my sister) always came when her name was called and was very affectionate and loved to play. Lovely creature. If I could get a cat like that it'd be cool. There is a whole gaggle (possey?) of cats out back who just stalk each other all day. I wish they'd catch some of the bloody rats TBH.

lol it's apparently a clutter of cats :)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
lol it's apparently a clutter of cats :)
You had to look that up didn't you? :blarg:

Edit, I just looked it up and found this:

The collective nouns for cats are:

• a clowder of cats
  • a clan of cats
  • a clutter of cats
  • a glaring of cats
  • a pounce of cats
  • a dout of cats (house cats)
  • a nuisance of cats (house cats)
  • a destruction cats (wild cats)
  • a kendle of kittens
  • a kindle of kittens
  • a litter of kittens

Last edited:
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
You had to look that up didn't you? :blarg:

Edit, I just looked it up and found this:

The collective nouns for cats are:

• a clowder of cats
  • a clan of cats
  • a clutter of cats
  • a glaring of cats
  • a pounce of cats
  • a dout of cats (house cats)
  • a nuisance of cats (house cats)
  • a destruction cats (wild cats)
  • a kendle of kittens
  • a kindle of kittens
  • a litter of kittens

ha ha yes, with Google at our fingertips, there shouldn't be anything we can't find answers to.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I haven't really looked forward to Christmas since my mom and grandmother died back in 2012, with the exception of having my children before they were adopted out for one Christmas. I was hoping that this year would be different because my ex fiancee and I had planned for a family and she was still here, but she left and so now I am pregnant and alone for the holiday. I even kicked my roommate out because he was too stressful for my pregnancy, so now I won't even his annoying self making the house seem less dead. I have my uncle, sister and niece, but they will be out of town or busy most likely. I guess I have my animals if I can manage to stay sane or alive for the holiday, but I'm spiraling so I don't know how well I will even be able to take care of them as I can barely remember to feed them or myself and I practically never sleep. I was going to get a tree chopped down from my distant family's tree farm and even put up some lights and decorations. It all seems so pointless now, all of it makes me depressed, slightly bitter, and then I end up crying. We had our first snow yesterday, it all felt very depressing and made me feel hopeless.