What are your favorite things about the most wonderful time of the year ?

• Total voters
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chloe, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
This is a picture off the internet of the house from the movie "A Christmas Story" located at 3159 W 11th St. in Cleveland, OH 44109
Somebody bought the house sometime back and turned it into a museum. The funny thing is I use to do food deliveries In that neighborhood.

Untitled

oldgray

oldgray

i wish i'd melt with the snow
Oct 19, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
My favorite part about Christmas this year is...…..DEATH

Reactions: exhausted, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chloe, IwasElla and 1 other person
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
If there was an option for Christmas decorations, I would choose that one. All other options don't completely apply to me...i don't love Christmas but I don't fully hate it either. Just a side observer I guess, which I why I really enjoy seeing the decorations :)

Reactions: mattwitt, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and IwasElla
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
As a kid i enjoyed it. Every year since being an adult i hate it more every goddamn year. Hate the music,atmosphere,family gatherings,happy bullshit all arround. If people can't be nice year round why bother faking it for a few day's.

Reactions: TAW122, mattwitt, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I have these 2 albums on CD I don't know how long we've had them here but they came out in 1995 which is interesting because I consider 1995 the most interesting, pivotal, best, and worse year of my life. Sometimes in winter when It's snowing outside and past midnight I'll just start driving around listening to these 2 CD's for hours while drinking some really warm holiday flavored coffee from whatever gas stations I stop at.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and IwasElla
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
If there was an option for Christmas decorations, I would choose that one. All other options don't completely apply to me...i don't love Christmas but I don't fully hate it either. Just a side observer I guess, which I why I really enjoy seeing the decorations :)

th

I was hoping no one would notice lol But as soon as I posted this thread I quickly realized I forgot to put an option for...

"Decorating / Buying & putting up a tree / Putting up lights / Wrapping gifts"

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and IwasElla
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As a kid i enjoyed it. Every year since being an adult i hate it more every goddamn year. Hate the music,atmosphere,family gatherings,happy bullshit all arround. If people can't be nice year round why bother faking it for a few day's.

Same here, when I was young, I never really questioned or thought about things like that. Also, since I grew up in the 90's before the Internet was ubiquitous, I didn't have access to most of the information out there. I agree with you about people being nasty for the majority of the year and then putting on a fake show for an occasion. They should have been nice year round, Christmas or not.

Reactions: Midnight, mattwitt, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I should have posted this song first...

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Followed by this...

Last edited:
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018

I want cute christmas dresses like these!!!!!

Kind of like this....

I'm not reallllyyyy feeling this thread but keep doing you, Matt!

I only enjoy christmas because of the nostalgia I get. I always hope that "this years Christmas will be good like it used to be" but it usually ends up being shitty. Partly because I feel as if I'm getting older where Christmas is just starting to get super repetitive. Like I get it, but I don't like how all of these supermarket stores try to advertise the same shit, with the same items and the same music. Everything is the same. At least with Birthdays it's a little different each year because there is no theme to follow. Unless you're alone like me and spend your birthdays celeberating by yourself, I actually enjoy that though. Not a fan of attention. Sorry for the tangent.
I'm really sorry to do this but unfortunately... if Christmas starts getting shit at a pretty young age then over the years that nostalgia will soon become indifference and maybe even a bit of bitterness. In the moment you might be able to get into it and "enjoy" it for the sake of other people, but christ it's lost any feeling of specialness at least to me.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Well it's that time of the year again. For some people it's the most wonderful time of the year and for others it's the worse time of the year.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Unfortunately, for the majority of people suffering, this is the worst time of the year
Peace/hugs

Reactions: mattwitt and Worthless_nobody
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
Christmas in London is stunning. I remember a time seeing St.Paul's surrounded by snow. I love seeing the lights in Regent's Street. I love the Christmas Market on the South Bank. Mulled wine, yessss. I have had 6 terrible Christmases in my life, but somehow my love for Christmas beats all. The world goes silent, because everyone is inside with family. I love cranberry sauce. Christmas crackers are always shite. Some of the songs are so nostalgic.Lovely red, gold and green colours. I bought frankincense essential oil this year, thanks for reminding me.

• Love
Reactions: mattwitt