D

Deion

Aug 14, 2023
"Greetings to all,

Since I've been on the forum, I've dedicated myself to reading and haven't wanted to interfere in the farewell posts that have been appearing almost daily on the forum. It's truly a shame to see so many souls lost.

All this time has allowed me to think about how I would want my farewell to be, and that has led me to the conclusion that, in my life, I am the protagonist, especially when I came into this world, and I want to be so again when I decide to leave.

I suppose this is something you've talked about countless times. Deciding to leave life as an impulsive exit is, I believe, a mistake, at least in my case.

I want to be the protagonist of this story; I can't leave and give that privilege to anyone else. I can't leave because society, a person, or whatever it may be has made things difficult for me.

In my case, I've started closing chapters, getting my affairs in order, and saying goodbye to the people I love or have loved. I don't want my last words to be blaming someone for a decision that ultimately is mine. I decide how, when, and where I go. No one else is responsible for this, only me. I lack the desire/strength to move forward, and the last thing I want is to leave anyone behind with a burden that shouldn't be on their shoulders...

What's your opinion? What do you think about this?"